Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A*s Wipe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default A*s Wipe

So I park in a grocery parking lot and start walking into store. I am about 30ft from my Spyder and old looking Harley dude (long white beard and hair) says to me. "looks like you lost a wheel" I smile and I laugh, yeah funny ha ha. Then he says "yeah that's a car right" "that's what your driving right? a car that lost its wheel" "its not like your riding anything else but a car".

My blood starts to boil a little. I said to him. "if you cant refrain from making a comment, then at least know what your talking about. Its a reverse trike, like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

A*s Wipe

Spyder Garage

I would have told him (clean version) it is more comfortable when his singnificant other sits on the tank in a birthday suit and tells me of your inadequacy.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb He, got your goat

If there's a next time. Tell them you'll ride whatever they think you should be on, as long as they're willing to pay for it. With one condition, it has to have a price tag over 35K. That usually works.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Harley designed

From what I've read and heard, the original design of the can am was bought by brp from Harley.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hmm...I'm sure there are douche nozzle Harley guys out there (like the one you reference above). Thankfully, all of the Harley guys I have encountered on my rides and in parking lots always give me a nod of respect for the Batpod.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Default Harley Reverse Trike

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    From what I've read and heard, the original design of the can am was bought by brp from Harley.

Not sure about that but, harley did create this fine looking machine. But, they stopped short of brining it to market. ?

penster-rf.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Harley did have a reverse trike design but never cashed in on it...their loss our gain cause I don't think it had or would of had all the features we have on the spyder....I never play their game....I simply say " It always gets me where I want to go" and walk away...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    So I park in a grocery parking lot and start walking into store. I am about 30ft from my Spyder and old looking Harley dude (long white beard and hair) says to me. "looks like you lost a wheel" I smile and I laugh, yeah funny ha ha. Then he says "yeah that's a car right" "that's what your driving right? a car that lost its wheel" "its not like your riding anything else but a car".

My blood starts to boil a little. I said to him. "if you cant refrain from making a comment, then at least know what your talking about. Its a reverse trike, like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

A*s Wipe

"like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

Was recently at a bike show and of course had to check out the Spyder display. As I'm standing there, a guy in full HD regalia, wanders over, walks around an RT, looks around and casually swings a leg over and settles on the seat. He sits there and I can see him relax as he sits back into the comfy seat and rests his hands on the grips. Of course, me being a smart A*s, couldn't resist, so I went over, stood next to him and said, "Do your friends know you're over here and what you're doing?" He looks at me and says, "don't tell anybody, but I'd have me one of these if it only said Harley Davidson on it."

Isn't it sad what that these HD owners continue to ride, albeit uncomfortably, a bike just because it says "Harley Davidson" on it? Meanwhile, I'll ride; comfy, cozy, and relaxed on a Spyder with a big sh*t eatin' grin on my face because I know what they really wanna ride and just don't have the whoo-haas to do it.........

He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

All my encounters with the HD group have been positive except for the comment that it looked like a snowmobile on wheels. It does.

A word of advice--if they are stupid enough to make disparaging comments, I would hesitate to get into any kind of argument. Here in AK most are carrying guns and not afraid to use them.

There was a house party a day ago, where parents were away. 100 plus high school kids. That party ended in a big gunfight with over 30 shots fired--and these are high school students. If the kids have guns, you know the adults have them too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    All my encounters with the HD group have been positive except for the comment that it looked like a snowmobile on wheels. It does.

A word of advice--if they are stupid enough to make disparaging comments, I would hesitate to get into any kind of argument. Here in AK most are carrying guns and not afraid to use them.

There was a house party a day ago, where parents were away. 100 plus high school kids. If the kids have guns, you know the adults have them too.

"That party ended in a big gunfight with over 30 shots fired--and these are high school students."

What a sad world we live in.

His and Her Spyders.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post
    "That party ended in a big gunfight with over 30 shots fired--and these are high school students."

What a sad world we live in.
    Lately, Anchorage can be scary. I am glad I am twenty miles out. Shootings are a daily occurance here--but still not as bad as Chicago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If somebody wants to dismiss your ride... flash them a big smile, and tell that that you're just happy that somebody finally got it right!
    (It'll drive them NuTz!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I was on a ride with a bunch of bikes and by the end of the day they were jellous cause I would set the cruise and get comfortable while they couldn't realy move. Just ask them to ride more than 20 miles at a time.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

November 2015 I bought my 2012RTS at the local Harley dealership. I still have my Harley Road King. actually rode it a couple weeks ago. first time on it since late last summer. anywho, I ride my Spyder with other Harley owners, no problems. most of them just call it the Spaceship or the Shuttle. as for comfort, if I could still ride my Road King a lot I would. it takes a whole lot less energy to ride it than the Spyder does. my problem is arthritis in my hips and legs, which means I have trubs getting my feet down at stops sometimes. so the Harley sits in the garage 99.9 pct of the time. about the only Harley riders I would give wide berth to are the 3 piece patch groups. some are ok, but some are 1 pct'ers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Spyder View Post
    I would have told him (clean version) it is more comfortable when his singnificant other sits on the tank in a birthday suit and tells me of your inadequacy.
    I did not call him an A*s Wipe, just was thinking it. And that is the clean version

I just don't understand these sort of comments, I would never make a comment to someone about a bike, car, house, shoes, clothing, tattoo or anything other item someone decided to purchased or ware. What is the point in doing so. Humans are complicated I guess.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 03-15-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default How funny

The funny thing is Harley Davidson is also trying to produce another trike just like the Can-am Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Lately, Anchorage can be scary. I am glad I am twenty miles out. Shootings are a daily occurance here--but still not as bad as Chicago.

So you're living in the wild, wild, NORTH WEST!!!

His and Her Spyders.

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post
    So you're living in the wild, wild, NORTH WEST!!!
    They call AK "The Last Frontier" for a reason.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

They call AK "The Last Frontier" for a reason.

Ah.......so the Spyder is the "get out of Dodge quick" vehicle!

His and Her Spyders.

GOS 3799

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    The funny thing is Harley Davidson is also trying to produce another trike just like the Can-am Spyder:

That's actually an aftermarket manufacturer...

http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/

I think that they also will convert GoldWings.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-15-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Last summer my wife and I went 2 up on a 4 hour round trip with a friend who was riding a harley. On the way home he says that he needs to hurry home and if we don't want to keep up that would be fine. I tucked in behind him and we rode at about 80 mph home. When we got to the first set of lights in Saskatoon he waves me up and says " Man that thing goes pretty good". I smiled and said " yea it goes ok but I thought you said you were in a hurry". Since then we ride together on a regular basis.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA F3S View Post
    Hmm...I'm sure there are douche nozzle Harley guys out there (like the one you reference above). Thankfully, all of the Harley guys I have encountered on my rides and in parking lots always give me a nod of respect for the Batpod.

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

An old Harley dude? Bet he can't keep up with your three wheeled "car"! Even the young Harley boys can't keep up with mine!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

After World War 2 Harley missed another market. During the war they produced the XA with horizontally opposed cylinders and a drive shaft. They never brought it to market. Sounds like a BMW or Goldwing, doesn't it? Maybe it ran too smoothly for them.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by geoshmo View Post
    Last summer my wife and I went 2 up on a 4 hour round trip with a friend who was riding a harley. On the way home he says that he needs to hurry home and if we don't want to keep up that would be fine. I tucked in behind him and we rode at about 80 mph home. When we got to the first set of lights in Saskatoon he waves me up and says " Man that thing goes pretty good". I smiled and said " yea it goes ok but I thought you said you were in a hurry". Since then we ride together on a regular basis.
    Perfect line.