Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default First time to attend Spyderfest?

Have not seen a lot of information about our upcoming Spyderfest - thought I'd toss out a few things as I remember them from past gatherings to help 1st timers

1. All Host Motels have had a Host assigned to them in the past. I have not seen that information except for Joe (thanks, Joe)
    2. Everyone is invited to each host motel for any activity that they may have going on.
    3. Normally a bulletin board is in place - main lobby - that lists activities for the day.
    4. A few years ago we lost one of our very active members. In remembrance of him - and of those that can not attend Spyderfest, we wear a Tie Dye shirt (normally on Saturday).
    5. Remember that there are two Lamplighter motels - Lamplighter North is one of the Host motels.
    6. Pie run WILL happen - Joe is also in charge of weather this year.
    7. Come and expect to have a good time. If you are by yourself, you will soon meet new friends to share Spyderfest with.
    8. Not on a Spyder? Not a problem, of course.
    9. Vendor Village is an indoor all-weather building for our vendors. Located inside the Fairgrounds not far from the motel area. If you have never had the laser front end alignment done on your Spyder, here is your chance. Just one of many services performed at Vendor Village.

Please add to the list of anything you can think of that will help those attending for the first time.

Thanks
    don

Added stuff:

1. Yep - Credit Cards are accepted at the Vendor Village
    2. You will receive a 'welcome package' when you register at Pit Bull -- should have information, maps, etc.contained there.
    3. If you left home and forgot something, a Super Walmart is close by on the same road most of the motels are on. Got ya covered.
    4. Charity Baskets - will auction off baskets of items that attendees bring to Spyderfest. Money donated to a local charity (need name - forgot). What to bring? Maple Syrup from Vermont, or how about a home made item? Your donation, along with others, go to fill a basket. This all might have already been mentioned, but wanted to place it here again.
    5. Rides are guided rides. In your 'welcome package' they will be listed.
    6. The "Welcome Package' may also have a list of interesting places to visit, local merchants etc. Get you book stamped at each location you visit and when you return you are given tokens based on how may places you visited to use in the auction. Guys/Gals - might help me on the details here -- my memory is shot. I do remember going to the Route 66 museum and having a great time there. I rode on the "Mother Road" in the early 1950's, so was of interest to me.
    7. This should have been at the top of my list --- make sure you thank members of the MO Gang - all volunteer workers that spend a lot of time putting Spyderfest together each year.

Update info 04/08/2017:

1. Check out the fine information about the guided rides going on at Spyderfest here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...d-Ryde-Seminar!

2. Have not heard anything, but in the past we have had weddings at Spyderfest.
    Last edited by Don in E Texas; 04-08-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: More information
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You forgot to mention bringing three times more money than you ever thought that you'd need...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Is there any maps and or GPS files of the routes? I was trying to get them loaded beforehand. As this will be our first Spyderfest as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

This will be my wife and myself first time to attend. Already registered and booked motel. Will be riding up with at least 2 Spyders and maybe more.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys are ALL going to have the time of your iives!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

See first post for updates.

Spyder Garage

Default And yet

Nobody mentioned the
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

all rides are pretty much guided rides I don't think theres any gps routes that will be posted but always remember you can go anywhere you want and use your gps to get home if you should get lost but in my opinion getting lost is the best fun rides you can have. well looking fwd to seeing ev1 again this year stop by tire grafixx and say hi.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Some more added to the 'list'
    Thanks to all..

Don

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by rmag View Post
    Nobody mentioned the
    It has been discussed many times ...... you haven't been paying attention .........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default From a first-time attender....

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    Have not seen a lot of information about our upcoming Spyderfest - thought I'd toss out a few things as I remember them from past gatherings to help 1st timers

1. All Host Motels have had a Host assigned to them in the past. I have not seen that information except for Joe (thanks, Joe)
    2. Everyone is invited to each host motel for any activity that they may have going on.
    3. Normally a bulletin board is in place - main lobby - that lists activities for the day.
    4. A few years ago we lost one of our very active members. In remembrance of him - and of those that can not attend Spyderfest, we wear a Tie Dye shirt (normally on Saturday).
    5. Remember that there are two Lamplighter motels - Lamplighter North is one of the Host motels.
    6. Pie run WILL happen - Joe is also in charge of weather this year.
    7. Come and expect to have a good time. If you are by yourself, you will soon meet new friends to share Spyderfest with.
    8. Not on a Spyder? Not a problem, of course.
    9. Vendor Village is an indoor all-weather building for our vendors. Located inside the Fairgrounds not far from the motel area. If you have never had the laser front end alignment done on your Spyder, here is your chance. Just one of many services performed at Vendor Village.

Please add to the list of anything you can think of that will help those attending for the first time.

Thanks
    don

Added stuff:

1. Yep - Credit Cards are accepted at the Vendor Village
    2. You will receive a 'welcome package' when you register at Pit Bull -- should have information, maps, etc.contained there.
    3. If you left home and forgot something, a Super Walmart is close by on the same road most of the motels are on. Got ya covered.
    4. Charity Baskets - will auction off baskets of items that attendees bring to Spyderfest. Money donated to a local charity (need name - forgot). What to bring? Maple Syrup from Vermont, or how about a home made item? Your donation, along with others, go to fill a basket. This all might have already been mentioned, but wanted to place it here again.
    5. Rides are guided rides. In your 'welcome package' they will be listed.
    6. The "Welcome Package' may also have a list of interesting places to visit, local merchants etc. Get you book stamped at each location you visit and when you return you are given tokens based on how may places you visited to use in the auction. Guys/Gals - might help me on the details here -- my memory is shot. I do remember going to the Route 66 museum and having a great time there. I rode on the "Mother Road" in the early 1950's, so was of interest to me.
    7. This should have been at the top of my list --- make sure you thank members of the MO Gang - all volunteer workers that spend a lot of time putting Spyderfest together each year.
    Thanks for this load of information. I like to know a lot about stuff and this is VERY helpful. We are at the Hampton just north of Pit Bull. Can't wait to get there and meet you folks and have a "larruping good time!"
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Default Updated information

TTT

And please add anything that will be helpful to folks attending Spyderfest for the first time.

Don

Spyder Garage

Is there someone at Spyderfest that actually rents out spyders to drive?
    2016 RT Limited , Black