Thread: LED Tail Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default LED Tail Lights

Hello

How to connect LED lamps to the rear tail and STOP lights on my Spyder GS? If I install these LED lamps in place of the original lamps, I get a VSS error.
    How can I solve this problem? It may be necessary to connect the resistor in parallel to the LED lamp? How much ohm should this resistor be?
    Thank You!

p.s. Sorry for bad english...
    Last edited by Questions; 03-12-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LED

..... Why are you switching them to LED ...... if you just ADD them you won't have any issues ..... I did this to mine and it worked fine .....the Nanny never noticed the small load increase ...... but She will notice a major decrease .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default LED

I agree with Mike.
    I have LEDs on my saddle bags. Wired in parallel with my OEM tail lights and have NO problems.

Spyder Garage

Default LED Tail Lights

I just replaced the 1057 regular bulb with a 1057 LED, works fine no issues.

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    I just replaced the 1057 regular bulb with a 1057 LED, works fine no issues.

Al
    What is "1057 LED" ?

On my spyder I want to remove the ALL standard bulbs and install the LED bulbs. It's more reliable and fine and less energy consumption.
    Below on photo i install center LED stop light and combined daytime running light and fog light instead of original xenon

Копировать коды в буфер оУдалить загруженные изображения

I found rear LED lights for spyder: http://chromeglow.com/products/brake...ht-conversion/
    But it's very expensive for me I can do the same with original tail lights and with my own hands in my workshop.
    Last edited by Questions; 03-13-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default LED Tail Lights

Alex;

the 1057 designation is the USA two filament (combination brake and tail light in one bulb); you can find the number of your bulb on either the bulb itself or printed onto the base of the bulb. A 1057 LED is a exact replacement of a standard two filament bulb with an LED equivalent.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion. Having never traveled out to the US, (except with my military service time) my knowledge of European or Russian standards is lacking entirely.

Al in Kalamazoo, Mi.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Alex, I have the same problem ('08 GS SM5). I just replaced tail/brake bulbs with LEDs and get limp mode. If I have one LED and one reg bulb everything works. With two LEDs I get limp mode and brake lights don't work, only tail lights. I want LED bulbs in the original spots and I don't want to add anything to to back of the spyder. Is there something that can be done to solve this. Thanks in advance for any help. John Fragale

John

Full Moon 08' SM5, Luggage rack, back rest, Kewlmetal mirror extensions, trunk spring, hidden trunk release cable, ride-on, remote garage openers, header wrap, Lamonster's air box catch can, CHAD, NMN double play w/ LED running/signals, heated gloves (gerbing), dzus fasteners, led fender tip lights, spyderpops missing air dam, tric rings, tric fender strips, spyderpops heat shield and missing air damn, Nexx X1R1 helmet.