Spyder Garage

Question F-3 Parking Brake does not realease

Hi all,
    Hows bout this for a "Good One."
    2016 F-3; Start it up, Shift to first, Push the switch to release the parking brake,
    and the brake does NOT release.
    Tried backing up, going forward, Rocking back and forth, jumping up and down, and the old stand-by,"cussing and swearing."
    All to no avail. Anyone else ever suffer this affliction?
    Thanks Ron

Spyder Garage

Default parking brake

Did you step on the brake peddle the same time

Spyder Garage

Default Stuck Brake

Quote Originally Posted by ralph12345678910 View Post
    Did you step on the brake peddle the same time
    Yeah, tried all sorts of combinations, NG
    I'm kinda thinking along the lines of a lousy switch contact.

Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake won't release

On a trip and a 800 miles from home and the parking brake on our 2015 F3SE will not release. I have read all the recent posts regarding this issue, but there does not seem to be a "on the road" solution to fix the problem. Stuck in the parking lot in Portland Oregon. Anybody have any ideas on how to engage the release. I have minimal tools.

Spyder Garage

I feel for ya. ~ Keep us updated and good luck!
    Have a feeling that whatever the solution (once posted) will eventually save others.

Seeing this post did it for me. Was always leery of the "fly by wire" parking brake.
    So no more shall I be using the parking brake (unless absolutely necessary.) And I'm removing the beeper.
    Been doing it like this for some time (beeper still in place) but it makes me feel like an idiot when bike is beeping around others lol.
    Someone should come out with a manual brake lock mod to get rid of this potential problem.
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I did find that there is a Can Am dealer here in Portland OR. Will try releasing the brake again in the morning. Not sure what direction to take if it does release. Go to the dealer or try to make it home in Calif. From previous posts it may be the switch.

Spyder Garage

Default Back on the road

It appears that the sticky parking brake has fixed itself. We are back on the road going down the Oregon coast. Made several stops and the brake released every time. We had two incidents were the brake did not release immediately. The first incident was on the ferry from Saltry Bay to Vancouver. Needless to say we backed up traffic on the ferry for a few minutes before we got the brake to release. We just pushed the release and engage button numerous times and it finally released. This issue is happening on my wife's F3SE. She has been non-pulsed with the quirky brake, but I have a different perspective and feel that this has the potential to hijack our vacation. Definitely going to address the issue if and when I get home.
    Other than the stupid brake, both bikes are running great and we are having one of the best motorcycle trips we have had.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zbunker View Post
    Hi all,
    Hows bout this for a "Good One."
    2016 F-3; Start it up, Shift to first, Push the switch to release the parking brake,
    and the brake does NOT release.
    Tried backing up, going forward, Rocking back and forth, jumping up and down, and the old stand-by,"cussing and swearing."
    All to no avail. Anyone else ever suffer this affliction?
    Thanks Ron
    Howdy neighbor.

Just a thought. From what I understand, you should release the Parking Brake prior to shifting into first gear. That may or may not be a big deal, but I could see where it may cause a bit of conflict with the computer. Keep us posted.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!