Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default KBB and NADA?

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It pays to check several books (due diligence). You can also take into account that prices may vary from one part of the country to another. KBB was most convenient for me to do some "fact checking." The prospective buyer should be doing the homework so that he comes up with a price that he thinks is "fair."
    I'm looking to buy my first Spyder and want to make sure that I pay a fair price.

I wasn't aware that either KBB or NADA list motorcycle prices/values...and all I see is car info on their sites. Could you provide a direct link to the KBB and NADA sites you're referring too?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Paid $16,700 for brand new Blue Denim (Matte) 2015 St-Limited came with two year warranty. There was a couple of them still out there. Ebay & cycletrader

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    I'm looking to buy my first Spyder and want to make sure that I pay a fair price.

I wasn't aware that either KBB or NADA list motorcycle prices/values...and all I see is car info on their sites. Could you provide a direct link to the KBB and NADA sites you're referring too?

Thanks!
    www.kbb.com/motorcycle

That link should do it for you.

The price you should pay? A good question. I usually start somewhere between trade in- and retail. In most cases, there is a $2K to $4K gap. A lot to play around with--if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-01-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 ST-Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Chgospy View Post
    Paid $16,700 for brand new Blue Denim (Matte) 2015 St-Limited came with two year warranty. There was a couple of them still out there. Ebay & cycletrader
    That's a great price since the MSRP was around 25K. We found ours in April (2016), up in Detroit (couldn't find any Denim Blue's in Ohio) and it cost us $19,900. Had a '12 RS-S SE5 for a couple years and I added bags and a backrest but it just wasn't comfortable for the long haul. Great for the quick, short rides, but the footpegs and seating position were tiring on the long trips. We certainly didn't like the styling of the new F3's and their frunk space is a joke. Very happy with the '15 STL but it did let us down last week when heading to Skyline Drive. Popped out of gear (or something broke) on an uphill run and that was 'all she wrote'. Super hassle, but we finally got it back to Ohio and it's now at the Dealership service department (we were told that it's still under warranty!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)

Spyder Garage

Default ST No heat panels

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Offer 10k and see what happens. Also check to see if the recall heat panels were put in. This would be a free service but can be a pain if the dealer is not close by.
    Local dealer told me that there was no recall for the heat panels for my ST.. They stated only RT ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

After reading some of these replies I feel bad. Just purchased a 2014 ST Ltd for 13400 and felt I made a decent deal however after reading some of these I am begining to wonder. KBB had it listed with a 15800 retail.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Damn!!! You guys are hard on these ST's!! I've got a 2013 ST Limited that I was considering selling but this must not be the right group of buyers. Mine has had the updated panels since day 1 and I've had really good luck with mine. We've got some miles on it too. I like the fact that the body isn't so bulky and huge. It's got a sporty look to it yet has a good seating position with cruise and a radio. The 1330 might be better but the 990 is very reliable with decent power. It's much better looking than the F3 chassis
    yes it's been like that for a while here it started when the RT came out it was always why haven't you ungraded yet then the 1330 and again you must up grade and with every change little glitchs throttle body issues heat gear position sensors belt vibrations my 09 s are rock solid have cables going to the throttle body's and my foot is connected to the tranny I'm just fine with no "up grade" and did I mention my old out dated rs weighs less and out accelerates the new up graded latest and greatest
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda22 View Post
    After reading some of these replies I feel bad. Just purchased a 2014 ST Ltd for 13400 and felt I made a decent deal however after reading some of these I am begining to wonder. KBB had it listed with a 15800 retail.
    KBB shows about a $4K gap between trade-in value and dealer "asking" retail. The "real" price should be somewhere in between--depending on area, dealer, etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2014 ST Limited SE5 with 632 miles on it for 15,000. Had to drive 500 miles to get it, but well worth it. List new on it was around 24,000.00
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

I just picked one up also, lots of miles put on already. That price is right in the ball park. Remember when it was new it was 24k approxiamately...that means in 3-4 year you are now getting it for half the price!!!! i don't think you can go wrong with the ST limited except the gps...i think i will be removing mine and mounting my phone instead...the gps is antiquated and will be out of date. Heat issue was a goodwill offering from BRP and helped if you had a dealer that would fight for you.
    Last edited by mavrik; 10-18-2017 at 06:55 AM.