Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I hate to ask but is this a good deal? 2013 Can-AmŪ SpyderŪ ST Limited SE5

I have found a 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited SE5 with 5,900 miles on it. They are selling it for $13,500. Thanks for your help

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New One

I think that we just saw a dealer that had a couple of left over STLs for $9999.00 brand new.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Offer 10k and see what happens. Also check to see if the recall heat panels were put in. This would be a free service but can be a pain if the dealer is not close by.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I paid 12,700 for a 13 with less miles. That was 8 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2013 wasn't the best year of the STs... They had serious heat problems, that could even melt some of the underbody components.
    If ALL of the heat attenuation procedures have been completed on it: try offering them 10K. We've heard reports of new leftovers at that price.

Happy Hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

This process is exhausting . But thanks you all for the advice. This one is at a dealer so I'm sure they won't come down on price. I will keep looking.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shawleyj View Post
    This process is exhausting . But thanks you all for the advice. This one is at a dealer so I'm sure they won't come down on price. I will keep looking.
    I would not be to sure on that. Spyders are a nitch market and can sit unsold for awhile. If they want to move it they will sale at reasonable offer. Don't over pay, there will be others that come up for sale. Remember when you make offer always say "out the door". Dealers can start tagging on all sorts of fees.

My friend has a 2013 ST and just loves it. Getting the heat panels put on not only makes the Spyder look better but really reduced any heat issues that he was having.

He also had to put on the BajaRon Sway bar and Elka front shocks for better handling. ST's steering are a little weak upfront. If you want the Spyder to hold a true line then this would be a must upgrade.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 03-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ST - RS .....etc

Consider this .................. neither of the above Spyders are being made anymore !!!! ....... The V-twin had a great run, but the 1330 Ace and the changes to the transmission had BRP rethinking the viability of continuing those models......... and they decided they wouldn't ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Consider this .................. neither of the above Spyders are being made anymore !!!! ....... The V-twin had a great run, but the 1330 Ace and the changes to the transmission had BRP rethinking the viability of continuing those models......... and they decided they wouldn't ....... Mike
    True but the Used 998 V-twins are a great entry into the Spyder world without the large price tag. The 1330 are a great improvement but the 998 are still great machines and have more then enough power to get you there.

Spyder Garage

Default It's a good start....

but as mentioned above there are better deals out there. Tough time to shop what with the weather getting better prices tend to go up.... good luck...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    True but the Used 998 V-twins are a great entry into the Spyder world without the large price tag. The 1330 are a great improvement but the 998 are still great machines and have more then enough power to get you there.
    I'll Drink To That.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I would not be to sure on that. Spyders are a nitch market and can sit unsold for awhile. If they want to move it they will sale at reasonable offer. Don't over pay, there will be others that come up for sale. Remember when you make offer always say "out the door". Dealers can start tagging on all sorts of fees.

My friend has a 2013 ST and just loves it. Getting the heat panels put on not only makes the Spyder look better but really reduced any heat issues that he was having.

He also had to put on the BajaRon Sway bar and Elka front shocks for better handling. ST's steering are a little weak upfront. If you want the Spyder to hold a true line then this would be a must upgrade.
    Sounds like you are describing my machine.
    2013 STS bought a year ago for $11,000 with less than 2000 miles.
    Added a BajaRon sway bar and Elka Springs & Shocks. Also found OEM saddle bags to
    make the machine tour ready. Dealer installed the 2014 side panels for heat attenuation.
    Its a now a great ride.

There good deals available...

Spyder Garage

kbb retail price is $15,200 for the LTD. It sounds like a pretty good deal based on kbb.

If it is NOT a limited, the price would be $12,900. Regardless, you should start your negotiations about $2K lower than book. These days, there appears to be a $4K margin for the dealer built into every trade in price.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-08-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

No idea if it is good. But I picked up one in November for my wife, a 2013 SR-S SE5 with 1400 miles on it for $9K.

It came with the backrest, Givi top case and comfort seat, along with the stock seat.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    kbb retail price is $15,200 for the LTD. It sounds like a pretty good deal based on kbb.

If it is NOT a limited, the price would be $12,900. Regardless, you should start your negotiations about $2K lower than book. These days, there appears to be a $4K margin for the dealer built into every trade in price.
    NADA low retail is $9150. I would not pay a dime over that. This unit is used and four years old with all the heat problems. I had one and was glad to get rid of it!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    NADA low retail is $9150. I would not pay a dime over that. This unit is used and four years old with all the heat problems. I had one and was glad to get rid of it!

Jack
    It pays to check several books (due diligence). You can also take into account that prices may vary from one part of the country to another. KBB was most convenient for me to do some "fact checking." The prospective buyer should be doing the homework so that he comes up with a price that he thinks is "fair."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-08-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Damn!!! You guys are hard on these ST's!! I've got a 2013 ST Limited that I was considering selling but this must not be the right group of buyers. Mine has had the updated panels since day 1 and I've had really good luck with mine. We've got some miles on it too. I like the fact that the body isn't so bulky and huge. It's got a sporty look to it yet has a good seating position with cruise and a radio. The 1330 might be better but the 990 is very reliable with decent power. It's much better looking than the F3 chassis
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I agree with ARCTIC, I have a '13 STS SE5 and I am very happy with it! I rode a F3S at a DEMO Day ride and did not like the foot position. For me with short legs, bad knees, and 2 new hips the foot forward just was not good for me, the STS is a perfect fit. I had the 2014 ST air intake panels installed to correct heat issues. I did have the BAJA-Ron sway bar and billet links installed, which fixed handling issues, since I ride solo all the time I do not see any need to change front shocks.
    Which ever Spyder you choose, may you enjoy it and ride safe!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Damn!!! You guys are hard on these ST's!! I've got a 2013 ST Limited that I was considering selling but this must not be the right group of buyers. Mine has had the updated panels since day 1 and I've had really good luck with mine. We've got some miles on it too. I like the fact that the body isn't so bulky and huge. It's got a sporty look to it yet has a good seating position with cruise and a radio. The 1330 might be better but the 990 is very reliable with decent power. It's much better looking than the F3 chassis
    Yeah. Don't try to sell in here. You will get people trying to low ball you so bad your head will spin. I too have my 13 STS SM5 up for sale. Two years of riding it and I am just not feeling it. So it sits parked until it is sold. I have it on a tender and fuel is stabilized. I will be changing out the oil once it warms up a bit.

Spyder Garage

Everyone is really hard on the ST here!! I have a 2013 and the only reason I am considering selling it is to get more storage space because I plan on spending more time on it, for longer distances. It is my first spyder but I have never had any issues with heat or steering problems. Maybe I got one that was built on a Tuesday, not a Monday or Friday. LoL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    I agree with ARCTIC, I have a '13 STS SE5 and I am very happy with it! I rode a F3S at a DEMO Day ride and did not like the foot position. For me with short legs, bad knees, and 2 new hips the foot forward just was not good for me, the STS is a perfect fit. I had the 2014 ST air intake panels installed to correct heat issues. I did have the BAJA-Ron sway bar and billet links installed, which fixed handling issues, since I ride solo all the time I do not see any need to change front shocks.
    Which ever Spyder you choose, may you enjoy it and ride safe!!!!
    I wasn't happy with the F3 riding position either.

Spyder Garage

I have found a 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited SE5 with 5,900 miles on it. They are selling it for $13,500. Thanks for your help
    I bought my ST SM5 brand new in 2015 with 3 years of warrany for $12,599 before set-up and delivery, now that I am looking to trade can am keeps sending me emails to value my trade. With 9700 miles and a factory backrest and a new old compound rear tire they say excellent condition trade value is $8500. If you would consider a SM5 you could get into mine a lot cheaper!! Hit me up

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldwarriorrider View Post
    Everyone is really hard on the ST here!! I have a 2013 and the only reason I am considering selling it is to get more storage space because I plan on spending more time on it, for longer distances. It is my first spyder but I have never had any issues with heat or steering problems. Maybe I got one that was built on a Tuesday, not a Monday or Friday. LoL
    we have the Limited and it has the removable hard bags on the side and I was considering getting a top case for the backrest but I'm not sure I need it and I was uncertain of the appearance. My wife and I rode 4 days through Colorado and all of our luggage was either in the frunk or the saddlebags.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I still like the looks of the ST, I am considering getting one

Spyder Garage

Default I also like the.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldwarriorrider View Post
    I bought my ST SM5 brand new in 2015 with 3 years of warrany for $12,599 before set-up and delivery, now that I am looking to trade can am keeps sending me emails to value my trade. With 9700 miles and a factory backrest and a new old compound rear tire they say excellent condition trade value is $8500. If you would consider a SM5 you could get into mine a lot cheaper!! Hit me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    I still like the looks of the ST, I am considering getting one
    .....look and feel of my ST. I don't like the look nor the handling of an RT, and the seating position of the F3, for me at 6'2" it is not comfortable and tiring to my lower back.

I loved the handling of the RSS, but was getting tired and cramped rapidly because of the forward leaning and pressure applied on the hands and wrists by this position. THEREFORE, the ST is the perfect match for ME. !!! It handles like an RSS, and is comfortable like an RT. As far as the heat issue is concerned, with the 2014 free panels offered by BRP under warranty, there is no such issues. ( sorry Bob, but nothing is melting under there)....!!!! 😂

AND, my full face helmet fits in the frunk.... how can say so ???

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...