Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default I hate to ask but is this a good deal? 2013 Can-AmŪ SpyderŪ ST Limited SE5

I have found a 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited SE5 with 5,900 miles on it. They are selling it for $13,500. Thanks for your help

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New One

I think that we just saw a dealer that had a couple of left over STLs for $9999.00 brand new.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Offer 10k and see what happens. Also check to see if the recall heat panels were put in. This would be a free service but can be a pain if the dealer is not close by.

Spyder Garage

Default ST No heat panels

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Offer 10k and see what happens. Also check to see if the recall heat panels were put in. This would be a free service but can be a pain if the dealer is not close by.
    Local dealer told me that there was no recall for the heat panels for my ST.. They stated only RT ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I paid 12,700 for a 13 with less miles. That was 8 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2013 wasn't the best year of the STs... They had serious heat problems, that could even melt some of the underbody components.
    If ALL of the heat attenuation procedures have been completed on it: try offering them 10K. We've heard reports of new leftovers at that price.

Happy Hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

This process is exhausting . But thanks you all for the advice. This one is at a dealer so I'm sure they won't come down on price. I will keep looking.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shawleyj View Post
    This process is exhausting . But thanks you all for the advice. This one is at a dealer so I'm sure they won't come down on price. I will keep looking.
    I would not be to sure on that. Spyders are a nitch market and can sit unsold for awhile. If they want to move it they will sale at reasonable offer. Don't over pay, there will be others that come up for sale. Remember when you make offer always say "out the door". Dealers can start tagging on all sorts of fees.

My friend has a 2013 ST and just loves it. Getting the heat panels put on not only makes the Spyder look better but really reduced any heat issues that he was having.

He also had to put on the BajaRon Sway bar and Elka front shocks for better handling. ST's steering are a little weak upfront. If you want the Spyder to hold a true line then this would be a must upgrade.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 03-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I would not be to sure on that. Spyders are a nitch market and can sit unsold for awhile. If they want to move it they will sale at reasonable offer. Don't over pay, there will be others that come up for sale. Remember when you make offer always say "out the door". Dealers can start tagging on all sorts of fees.

My friend has a 2013 ST and just loves it. Getting the heat panels put on not only makes the Spyder look better but really reduced any heat issues that he was having.

He also had to put on the BajaRon Sway bar and Elka front shocks for better handling. ST's steering are a little weak upfront. If you want the Spyder to hold a true line then this would be a must upgrade.
    Sounds like you are describing my machine.
    2013 STS bought a year ago for $11,000 with less than 2000 miles.
    Added a BajaRon sway bar and Elka Springs & Shocks. Also found OEM saddle bags to
    make the machine tour ready. Dealer installed the 2014 side panels for heat attenuation.
    Its a now a great ride.

There good deals available...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ST - RS .....etc

Consider this .................. neither of the above Spyders are being made anymore !!!! ....... The V-twin had a great run, but the 1330 Ace and the changes to the transmission had BRP rethinking the viability of continuing those models......... and they decided they wouldn't ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Consider this .................. neither of the above Spyders are being made anymore !!!! ....... The V-twin had a great run, but the 1330 Ace and the changes to the transmission had BRP rethinking the viability of continuing those models......... and they decided they wouldn't ....... Mike
    True but the Used 998 V-twins are a great entry into the Spyder world without the large price tag. The 1330 are a great improvement but the 998 are still great machines and have more then enough power to get you there.

Spyder Garage

I agree with ARCTIC, I have a '13 STS SE5 and I am very happy with it! I rode a F3S at a DEMO Day ride and did not like the foot position. For me with short legs, bad knees, and 2 new hips the foot forward just was not good for me, the STS is a perfect fit. I had the 2014 ST air intake panels installed to correct heat issues. I did have the BAJA-Ron sway bar and billet links installed, which fixed handling issues, since I ride solo all the time I do not see any need to change front shocks.
    Which ever Spyder you choose, may you enjoy it and ride safe!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    I agree with ARCTIC, I have a '13 STS SE5 and I am very happy with it! I rode a F3S at a DEMO Day ride and did not like the foot position. For me with short legs, bad knees, and 2 new hips the foot forward just was not good for me, the STS is a perfect fit. I had the 2014 ST air intake panels installed to correct heat issues. I did have the BAJA-Ron sway bar and billet links installed, which fixed handling issues, since I ride solo all the time I do not see any need to change front shocks.
    Which ever Spyder you choose, may you enjoy it and ride safe!!!!
    I wasn't happy with the F3 riding position either.

Spyder Garage

I have found a 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited SE5 with 5,900 miles on it. They are selling it for $13,500. Thanks for your help
    I bought my ST SM5 brand new in 2015 with 3 years of warrany for $12,599 before set-up and delivery, now that I am looking to trade can am keeps sending me emails to value my trade. With 9700 miles and a factory backrest and a new old compound rear tire they say excellent condition trade value is $8500. If you would consider a SM5 you could get into mine a lot cheaper!! Hit me up