Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    I'll post pictures next week when I pick it up!!
    What is going to be your first farkle??? Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2016 RT Limited leftover from Filers Powersports in Macedon, NY they have a leftover 2015 RT Limited Yellow/gold there as well but I wanted the pearl white. They have some descent pricing going on right now.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    What is going to be your first farkle??? Deanna
    A mount for my Valentine 1. Next will probably be the sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Default Farkles

Definitely the BajaRon sway bar!! Best investment EVER!!!!

2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder
    Foam Grips
    Billet Axle Covers
    Stebel Air Horn
    SpyderPops Bumpskid
    SpyderPops belt guard
    SpyderPops Kotte Grills
    TriCLED LED Driving lights
    Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Get a laser alignment, LED'S safety be seen. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twilldous View Post
    We have the 2015 RT limited and the only thing I need to make this ride perfect is a driver back rest.
    We are former Goldwing riders one summer on the Spider and there's no turning back.
    Interesting, I'm riding a 2005 GW with a 2012 Road Smith conversion, looking to make the switch to the RT Ltd. It's comforting to read your comment.

Spyder Garage

Default Choices

I'm looking at a 2016 SE6. It is the base RT, not the RT S.
    My wife and I purchased a preowned 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5. We dispensed with a 2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Peace Officer Edition to obtain it. No stability issues, more luggage capacity. And we've not a single regret. We'll accessorize it bit by bit to personalize it, but the ultimate goal will be to trade IT off eventually for a 2015 or later RT Limited. The 2014 and later Spyders are/were, 1330cc, three cylinders, 115 hp, quieter, and more fuel efficient.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Get a laser alignment, LED'S safety be seen. Deanna
    I will do a laser alignment. If anyone knows a reputable place on Long Island to get it done, please share. LED's are in my future as well.

Spyder Garage

I will do a laser alignment. If anyone knows a reputable place on Long Island to get it done, please share. LED's are in my future as well.
    LED's or any other farkles............... look @ "My Albums" for ideas. I have a 2014RTS-SE6. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    I don't know if anyone said anything about this but I found a lot of valuable info here:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

I think this stuff is a must read for new and prospective buyers.
    I read this info and was immediatley taken by how freakin' stupid I must be. For the past two years, I've been locking the front wheels of my RT with a Kryptonite lock. And today, reading this post, I find I can do it with the key. Would someone please tell me just where I missed this information. It's a revelation and god send. Now, I don't have to carry that darned lock any more.

Spyder Garage

Default Here we go!!!!

Well, I'm picking up my new 16 RT Saturday. I've read the entire Do's and Don't thread several times, and while it is very informative and extremely helpful, it has only increased my level of anxiety. Any comments or encouragement will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. I have a 50 mile ride home, and I'm just hoping the weather cooperates.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is all gonna be fine... If you can pick out a route with a a bit less traffic: that would be beneficial.
    REMEMBER: the right wrist makes you go, and the right foot stops you!

Just dress warmly, and take your time. If you have somebody taking you over to pick it up: have them follow you home.

And please tell us all about the start of your new adventure!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

This is all gonna be fine... If you can pick out a route with a a bit less traffic: that would be beneficial.
    REMEMBER: the right wrist makes you go, and the right foot stops you!

Just dress warmly, and take your time. If you have somebody taking you over to pick it up: have them follow you home.

And please tell us all about the start of your new adventure!
    Thanks Bob, your posts on this thread and others have been a big help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just glad to help! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, while hoping for some co-operative weather for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default RT-SE6

I'm looking at a 2016 SE6. It is the base RT, not the RT S.
    My wife and I traded in an '05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic for a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S. Both of us are now in our 60's, and this Spyder was a means of getting into the Spyder community, and we have, no regrets. The RT-S has the semi-automatic transmission, 998cc, two cylinder, liquid cooled engine. And unlike the Harley, the Spyder has reverse. The ultimate goal is a metallic red 2016 Can Am RT Limited with a color matched BRP Freedom trailer. We just paid $1145 for an electrically heated, Corbin seat with fuel filler door and backrest. Because the '12 was not available with the BRP heated comfort seat, or backrest, a custom seat was necessary. And it will be transferred to any new Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Picked it up today and I am impressed. This is a nice machine. My wife and I will have a lot of fun on this ride. I want to thank everyone on this forum that offered opinions and information to help me make my decision.

Spyder Garage

Spin,
    NICE ride, congratulations and welcome to the Spyder community!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twilldous View Post
    We have the 2015 RT limited and the only thing I need to make this ride perfect is a driver back rest.
    We are former Goldwing riders one summer on the Spider and there's no turning back.
    Looking at the RT Ltd, riding a 2005 GW with 2012 Road Smith Conversion. You statement about being former GW riders was of interest. What is better about the Spyder? I love the looks of the RT Ltd, especially white, I really have to get my mind around the cost of purchase and maintenance. Thanks, and you can reply on PM if you rather, either way is fine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Looking at the RT Ltd, riding a 2005 GW with 2012 Road Smith Conversion. You statement about being former GW riders was of interest. What is better about the Spyder? I love the looks of the RT Ltd, especially white, I really have to get my mind around the cost of purchase and maintenance. Thanks, and you can reply on PM if you rather, either way is fine.
    Any time your thinking about making a large purchase, the big stack of Benjamins you have to give up is a major consideration, as it was with me. As a new owner I can tell you this: I am extremely happy that I didn't punk out and walk away!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Spin, I understand, you gotta pay to play, that goes with the joy of doing. I have to get out there do more demo riding, I have to convince myself that the RT Ltd will be a much better machine for me for two up riding than the GW, and on occasion I am a long rider, 500/600 miles a day is not the norm, but done when necessary. I must tell you, the GW/RS conversion gets a bit tiring in the twisties, and can ride like a logging truck. I also need luggage space for a week road trip, I've seen the RT capacity, impressive, not in the market for a trailer. Having said all that, I'm aware there is no perfect two or three wheeler, just gotta get one the fits best.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Spin, I understand, you gotta pay to play, that goes with the joy of doing. I have to get out there do more demo riding, I have to convince myself that the RT Ltd will be a much better machine for me for two up riding than the GW, and on occasion I am a long rider, 500/600 miles a day is not the norm, but done when necessary. I must tell you, the GW/RS conversion gets a bit tiring in the twisties, and can ride like a logging truck. I also need luggage space for a week road trip, I've seen the RT capacity, impressive, not in the market for a trailer. Having said all that, I'm aware there is no perfect two or three wheeler, just gotta get one the fits best.
    Rent one and spend the day on it. My understanding is that it takes some time to get a good feel for it if you only have motorcycle experience. My 4 wheeler experience probably helped my learning curve because in 10 minutes I was comfortable on the Spyder. Another thing that made my decision easier is that my Shadow and my Renegade will still be in the garage for those times I want to be on 2 or 4 wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Last fall I was at Wing Ding in Billings, MT. The owner of Motor Trikes gave a talk about, "Two wheel in the front, or the rear?" MT was demonstrating their front wheel conversion at Wing Ding. I mentioned to him that anecdotal stories and opinion said two wheels in front was more stable but asked if there was objective data, either engineering or test, that showed the two wheels in front to be more stable than two in the back. His response, "Yes, but it'll cost you $100,000!" That told me that their tests and analysis showed the two in front was more stable. He said his son rode their Goldwing reverse trike test bike around a corner signed at 45 mph at 82 mph. No way would you take a conventional trike or two wheeler around it that fast.

If you really want to stick with a Goldwing trike take a hard look at what Tilting Motor Works offers. They had a GL1800 and F6B at Wing Ding. I seriously considered converting the 2005 GL1800 I had to a conventional trike, but came to the conclusion I could get onto a used 2013 Spyder RT for about $8000 to $10,000 less money than what the bike value plus conversion cost would have been.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pickels View Post
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on an RT loaded.... they have 2016's for 24k near me... I am excited! now the colors hmmmmmm....
    Grab it, I paid $26,000 for left over 2016 this past October, RT Limited had to pull teeth to get backrest thrown in the deal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA F3S View Post
    We bought wifey a '16 RT-S SE6. She absolutely LOVES it. She was coming from ZERO motorcycle riding experience, but she picked it up within 30 minutes of noodling around on it. Great ride!
    Gee, that sounds somewhat familiar. I bought a used 2015 RT-S (with all of 436 miles on the clock) last year to replace my Kawasaki Versys which, for reasons I don't fully appreciate, wouldn't balance itself while stationary.

My wifey (to borrow your term) has always ridden her own machines so last week we bought her a 2013 RT Limited. Now we go six wheeling (!) together. And, we finally have (almost) enough room to carry all the stuff we seem to need for outings and trips. Great fun.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lots of opinions on what to buy!!! I say buy in your budget and go for the most up front. I went for 2016 RT Limited cause I wanted everything it offered and fought for the (over priced backrest $400) in the deal. Got Pearl white and added some striping from WrapMySpyder ( great company) . I'm a pretty aggressive rider here in the Carolina mountains on the back curvy roads (probably to fast) but that's the way I like it. I'm not convinced after market shocks, sway bars and car tires would make enough handling improvement to justify the cost. This thing handles great at speed, I just don't do it with my wife on my ribs get to sore. I picked mine up with 52 mi. thanks ride home and took it to 85 mph, I don't baby it, handled great and was use to by time I got home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk