Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    So now that we have heard from the DOOM & GLOOM crowd ..... if anyone has made any purchases from any VENDOR other than BRP ..... according to the aforementioned folks ..... you all need to be shaking in your boots , that your WARRANTY is practically WORTHLESS ...... Boy that bunch has sure made me feel GREAT .... What's really interesting is the Doom & Gloom crowd very often recommends things from the LaMonster garage ...........sort of hypocritical to me ......... Lamont just keep doing what you are doing, I have no BS warranty fears ....................... rant over ....... Mike
    Oh please... stick a sock in it....
    Nothing will outright 'void your warranty' and no one has said that here. What we've said is that you do have bearing/sprocket, etc. related issues that BRP *could* decide not to cover that damage under warranty using the after-market hitch as an excuse. It's a valid concern especially considering some have had bearing and sprocket issues out here.. with and without hitches installed.

If Lamonster Garage, as good as his stuff is, sold a hitch I'd still learn towards the BRP one for the same reasons. This is also probably why he hasn't (and probably won't) release one... the liability would be too great.. if there was a failure things could be catastrophic.... not really the case with aftermarket headlights, pegs, etc....

The Bushtec is a great setup, but ugly as sin.

If someone is hooking to the swingarm, I think the best option is the BRP one. The others I've seen simply are not made as well and may put undo stress in the wrong area. BRP's swingarm hitch was a bit controversial when it came out as many of us felt hooking onto the swingarm was a bad idea. They've proven it can be done and work well.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SOCK IN IT

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oh please... stick a sock in it....
    Nothing will outright 'void your warranty' and no one has said that here. What we've said is that you do have bearing/sprocket, etc. related issues that BRP *could* decide not to cover that damage under warranty using the after-market hitch as an excuse. It's a valid concern especially considering some have had bearing and sprocket issues out here.. with and without hitches installed.

If Lamonster Garage, as good as his stuff is, sold a hitch I'd still learn towards the BRP one for the same reasons. This is also probably why he hasn't (and probably won't) release one... the liability would be too great.. if there was a failure things could be catastrophic.... not really the case with aftermarket headlights, pegs, etc....

The Bushtec is a great setup, but ugly as sin.

If someone is hooking to the swingarm, I think the best option is the BRP one. The others I've seen simply are not made as well and may put undo stress in the wrong area. BRP's swingarm hitch was a bit controversial when it came out as many of us felt hooking onto the swingarm was a bad idea. They've proven it can be done and work well.
    Thank you I will after I finish typing this ....... I wrote my post because of my frustration with the very vocal group that espouses the Value and Necessity of going with BRP - PARTS & SERVICE ETC...... TO MAINTAIN WARRANTY ........ and when you look at THEIR LIST OF ..." FARKLES "... half or more are AFTERMARKET stuff which is not BRP - made or AUTHORIZED ........ I will now put that Sock in my mouth.....maybe you should join me. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

I am sitting back and letting the fur fly. I installed the hitch from Pierre and I am very happy with it. and that's all I got to say on that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Mike,
    Are you going to "take on" Jack and Dan together; or will it be a Tag-Team Match???
    I'm bringing popcorn loaded with bacon grease...

(Don't forget to cheat... you're 70!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default just got it home !!!!!!

Just need the hitch n wiring now !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks like a real Beauty!

Spyder Garage

Default BRP hitch

I'm not part of the Gloom and Doom group and I won't get my pantys in a bunch like some members here do if you disagree with their expertise in all things related to Spyders, but after 4 RTs and 4 BRP hitches later and over 50,000 miles towing a trailer or I should say trailers. What I discovered is that if you do not have the BRP trailer and use the BRP wiring harness you will likely have trouble as the BRP modulator is trying to match up with the non BRP trailer. I have had to replace my BRP harness with a generic harness and have had no trouble with them after thousands of miles of towing. So I would suggest a mix of the two.
    Bend to Home 004.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I bought the BRP hitch and wiring module for both my 2015 RTL and then again on my 2016 F3T. Why? Simple....it's BRP and if things go wrong it's their worries not mine. Plus, it fits correctly, easy to install, including the wire harness. Nuff said!

I do have at least one accessory from every sponsoring vendor of Spyderlovers. But, when it comes to an accessory that requires wiring if it's not plug and play I wont put it on my Spyder. I have no desire to try and re-engineer this great trike!
    Last edited by KJWEB; 03-08-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If BRP can show the improvised wiring caused the failure, you are probably SOL.
    Hey all,
    As a general rule, BRP does not "void" warranties. If a warranty claim is made and the issue is shown to not be a manufacturer defect but instead is caused by an aftermarket item or improper installation, it is possible that that specific warranty claim might be denied; it does not
    "void" the remainder of your warranty.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by BRPcare; 03-08-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: grammar and clarity
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for clarifying this point!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's nice to have BRP confirm what several of us have been saying for the past few years.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Good to no

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hey all,
    As a general rule, BRP does not "void" warranties. If a warranty claim is made and the issue is shown to not be a manufacturer defect but instead is caused by an aftermarket item or improper installation, it is possible that that specific warranty claim might be denied; it does not
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Thank you BRP'S !!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Hitch

I just got a Freedom Trailer for my '16 RTS SS, and went with the BRP hitch. If for nothing else, it'll give me peace of mind with any potential warranty issues. These machines are too expensive to take that risk, imho

Spyder Garage

Default Freedom trailer warranty

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    I just got a Freedom Trailer for my '16 RTS SS, and went with the BRP hitch. If for nothing else, it'll give me peace of mind with any potential warranty issues. These machines are too expensive to take that risk, imho
    Anyone no where (address) I send the mail in warranty ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default The air is clear again

The Brp hitch and the Unit from Spyder accessories from Pierre I think are equal in quality. He is running a special with the harness at this time.

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty address?

Hey all,
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Do u have the address I send the mail in warranty documents in to ?

Spyder Garage

You send that to your dealer. I had to do the same also watch the dates of coverage .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

So what I'm hearing is unless you tow a BRP trailer with your BRP hitch and plug and play wiring harness you will have issues. Is this correct
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    So what I'm hearing is unless you tow a BRP trailer with your BRP hitch and plug and play wiring harness you will have issues. Is this correct
    NO!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ........... So Jack is Super Clamp .....OEM ????? ....you seem to love that .... Mike

Super Clamp was made in CA NA DA. It is a slick method for securing the Spyder to your trailer. Not an OEM part for the Spyder if I read you right.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!
    But what should be a consideration for anyone who plans of towing, is that an item designed for the bike by the builders of the bike... should probably have FEWER issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

But what should be a consideration for anyone who plans of towing, is that an item designed for the bike by the builders of the bike... should probably have FEWER issues.
    Naw, if one can do it better, then do it. Don't let people drag you down.If a trailer is isolated by relays for each trailer light function, no problem. Nanny has no idea there is a trailer on my RS-S! My trailers, yes two, are isolated by a Goldwing after market relay isolator. No problem on Goldwings in 200,000 miles and no problem on my RS-S in 32,000 miles. Entirely too much bull fodder on here for thread count. Early trailers were on GS/RS units. For the life of me, I don't know why BRP did not use a 5 wire trailer? Why have a 5 wire Spyder and a 4 wire trailer? If the trailer is 5 wire, then no converter is required. However with a computer controled cycle you must have electrical isolation to prevent arching into the computer.
    Last edited by Deer Slayer; 03-12-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Hey all,
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Why did you use a 4 wire trailer on a 5 wire Spyder? Thanks in advance, Bill. W4eh@aol.com
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I might be wrong... but didn't their 2010 setup originally include back-up lights?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Electricity is universal. It doesn't care what brand of vehicle it's flowing in! If the components that control its flow are designed properly then it makes no difference what vehicle they are in, or who made them. I think the early BRP modules were a proprietary design that didn't conform to normal trailer wiring systems and weren't electrically rugged enough. The newer module is a third party, Hopkins it has been said, standard module that is made to operate with anyone's properly configured trailer. Any reputable trailer will be wired properly. Based on problems reported here reputable does not include the little Harbor Freight trailers! All the lights need to have their ground leads connected to the ground wire in the connector plug. In fact I've never had a lick of problem with the lights on my trailer and they aren't connected to the trailer frame at all.

2014 Copper RTS