Spyder Garage

Default Headlight adjustment on a 08 GS.

Has anyone had to adjust the headlights on a 08 GS. I have the shop manual so I know where the screws are located. I would like to raise mine up to help them shine father down the road. It doesn't seem to matter which way I turn the screw, they don't move.
    Thanks.

Spyder Garage

The headlight bucket may be a little "stuck" from being fixed in a certain position for so long, you may try giving the bucket a wiggle after, or as you turn the screw. Or, the adjuster may be stripped.

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

pretty much covers it....spray some WD-40 in the screwhole area, place the screwdriver in place and tap the back end with a hammer and see if things break loose and start to move. Otherwise you may have to get in there to check things out....remember to adjust the lights with weight on the seat or you will be shinning the stars....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The screws turn just fine, but the lights don't seem to move at all. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the instrument cluster and see what is going on. That or they are already at the max adjustment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    The screws turn just fine, but the lights don't seem to move at all. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the instrument cluster and see what is going on. That or they are already at the max adjustment.
    Got to be careful using the adjustment screws. There is a socket made of plastic that can be pulled out with too much adjustment. A son of a gun to repair without replacing it. Don't ask me how I know this.
    David

Spyder Garage

I would listen to David he definitely has the most experience from everything I just read. I wonder how he knows this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with my right headlight and removed the instrument cluster, to take a look inside. Found a wiring harness jammed underneath the headlight and adjustment. I carefully got it out and took a couple zip ties and attached it to another harness not tightly, but just enough to keep the harness away from the adjustments.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Default The verdict?

2014 rs same problem. I removed the plastics and can physically see the screwdriver enter through the hole on the front and either screw or unscrew the bot that is on the bracket underneath the light housing but I never get any movement of the beam. Any suggestion will do, I just need to move the light both upward.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaTom View Post
    2014 rs same problem. I removed the plastics and can physically see the screwdriver enter through the hole on the front and either screw or unscrew the bot that is on the bracket underneath the light housing but I never get any movement of the beam. Any suggestion will do, I just need to move the light both upward.
    I watched the light move as I turned the screw. The light mount is a tight fit in the plastic housing so it won't move very much at first, then it will make a big shift all at once. It can take a lot of turns on the screw to get it to move.