Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Heated Comfort Seat Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for installing the heated comfort seat. I found youtubes on installing the seat but nothing on how to connect the electrical wiring?

Thanks
    Ed

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Very Much Appreciated - Thanks

Jetfixer: thanks for posting this.

Ed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Changed out OEM seat for BRP Heated Comfort Seat

Thanks to help from this site (jetfixer) I was able to do the swap out myself and avoid the dealer costs and lost time. I used seat swap videos and how to remove panel videos. Both were helpful to get old seat off and new seat on, but no videos on how to hook up the wiring harness for comfort seat. I had written directions from jetfixer that pointed me in the right direction. Only tricky part was finding the ground wire nut and finding the passenger heated grip wire harness which is under the rear, left (as you sit on bike) passenger seat, under a black plastic flap or lid type thing. You have to reach under there to find the white connector that runs the passenger heated grips and plug the seat harness wire into it.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask....I'm a "pro" now, I did it once :}

Spyder Garage

Default Electrically Heated Seat

Quote Originally Posted by southjerseyrider View Post
    Thanks to help from this site (jetfixer) I was able to do the swap out myself and avoid the dealer costs and lost time. I used seat swap videos and how to remove panel videos. Both were helpful to get old seat off and new seat on, but no videos on how to hook up the wiring harness for comfort seat. I had written directions from jetfixer that pointed me in the right direction. Only tricky part was finding the ground wire nut and finding the passenger heated grip wire harness which is under the rear, left (as you sit on bike) passenger seat, under a black plastic flap or lid type thing. You have to reach under there to find the white connector that runs the passenger heated grips and plug the seat harness wire into it.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask....I'm a "pro" now, I did it once :}
    I have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5. Unfortunately for me, the heated comfort seat sold by BRP cannot be used for Spyders older than 2014. I asked the local dealer's service department. So I had to custom order an electrically heated seat from Corbin with a back rest and fuel filler door. The advantage of the Corbin was, that it had a fuel filler door, and one can choose the style, and color of the seat, sides, welts, stitching, and logo. So one tax return and $1140 later, I have a new seat with a backrest. Just have to order the color matched, passenger backrest, next. When the Spyder is traded for a 2015 or newer Limited, the Corbin seat will go to the newer Spyder, and the old seat returned to the 2012 Spyder.