Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tunes for the F3S

Decided to add some sound to the Daytona. Got a killer Bluetooth setup that hat is 800 watts. Did a bench test and seems plenty loud for even the freeway. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know I could have gotten a bigger system, but I like how it hides well (most of it will go behind the frunk liner) and one small control on the bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking at this very system too. Great minds

I like the multifunction remote - many only have volume on the remote. Is the remote 'wired'?

Youve got me curious about frunk liner... I'm pretty sure husbands Daytona doesn't have a liner.

Spyder Garage

That looks like a nice system especially for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post

I like the multifunction remote - many only have volume on the remote. Is the remote 'wired'?

Youve got me curious about frunk liner... I'm pretty sure husbands Daytona doesn't have a liner.

Spyder Garage

When I say, "liner" I am talking about the frunk that has the 4 pins holding it. You remove it to access the battery. Lots of room to mount stuff in there behind it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Decided to add some sound to the Daytona. Got a killer Bluetooth setup that hat is 800 watts. Did a bench test and seems plenty loud for even the freeway. Here is the link:

I know I could have gotten a bigger system, but I like how it hides well (most of it will go behind the frunk liner) and one small control on the bars.
    I like it. A few weeks ago I was looking at stereos as well. I ended up buying this one and installing it. It does everything I expected it to do and sounds pretty darn good. I didn't think I would like the wired volume control on it and was just going to not use it but I have to tell you it comes in handy. Enjoy your tunes and let me ask you ---- Where are you gonna connect the HOT wire too? Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    I like it. A few weeks ago I was looking at stereos as well. I ended up buying this one and installing it. It does everything I expected it to do and sounds pretty darn good. I didn't think I would like the wired volume control on it and was just going to not use it but I have to tell you it comes in handy. Enjoy your tunes and let me ask you ---- Where are you gonna connect the HOT wire too? Joe

I am trying to decide whether to mount on the bars or directly behind them using a bar across. And the remote is gonna have to go someplace. One thing I am not sure I like (and it may not be a problem) the amp is hot all the time even when the unit is off. Not sure how much draw that is, but you would think the life of the amp would be reduced on all the time. For that reason, thinking about hooking into a switched ignition source. Key off it would be dead that way. How did you hook up yours?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE AMP PART OF SYSTEM

I am trying to decide whether to mount on the bars or directly behind them using a bar across. And the remote is gonna have to go someplace. One thing I am not sure I like (and it may not be a problem) the amp is hot all the time even when the unit is off. Not sure how much draw that is, but you would think the life of the amp would be reduced on all the time. For that reason, thinking about hooking into a switched ignition source. Key off it would be dead that way. How did you hook up yours?
    Interesting ..... I had a Shark unit ( yes different ) and had it attached direct to battery ( fused ) .... But mine needed to be turned on via a switch on the remote, it was a 650 watt model.... I never noticed that it got hot ...... good luck ........... PS, I switched to 3 1/2 in. JBL GTO 328's , big improvement in sound...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I hooked mine up to the KEYED GPS accessory plug that is under the right side panel. I have the S model so there is no GPS to it however its wired for it.. I then hooked up a relay from that. You have to do this because the FUSED amp in the GPS is only rated at 5 Amps if I remember correctly. That way when I turn the KEY ON the system turns on,,, when I turn the KEY OFF the system turns off as well. It worked perfect.

Joe
    Last edited by xpeschon; 03-02-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: to make a correction

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    I hooked mine up to the KEYED GPS accessory plug that is under the right side panel. I have the S model so there is no GPS to it however its wired for it.. I then hooked up a relay from that. You have to do this because the FUSED amp in the GPS is only rated at 5 Amps if I remember correctly. That way when I turn the KEY ON the system turns on,,, when I turn the KEY OFF the system turns off as well. It worked perfect.

Joe
    I am going fused from the battery with an inline switch. The removable panel to access the air filter is perfect. It is lighted, so I won't forget and I can listen to my tunes with the key off at rallys. Here is the switch.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will be keeping an eye on this. Can I assume that something like this should work for my 2012 RSS?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I will be keeping an eye on this. Can I assume that something like this should work for my 2012 RSS?
    Only thing you might have an issue with is the speaker brackets. They are for rounded bars. I was going to fabricate a sound bar to go across and found that what was included worked very well.

I post a quick video after while. Don't mind the dirt on the byke. It was never actually put up this winter.

Spyder Garage

can you hear the radio well while wearing a full face helmet, no shield, at highway speeds? Ive never gone this approach and have just been using a Bluetooth headset.
    Last edited by siny10309; 03-02-2017 at 02:50 PM.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    can you hear the radio well while wearing a full face helmet, no shield, at highway speeds? Ive never gone this approach and have just been using a Bluetooth headset.
    I did a quick test at about 50 mph and I could, but it wasn't as loud as I wanted it. This was with a full face and shield on it. Of course my helmet has so much turbulance noise at freeway speeds I can barely hear my Sena, so that is not a good comparison. A better helmet would probably get better results.
    All in all I am very pleased and truth be told, if were on the interstate for any length of time I will continue to use the helmet and Sena. If we are cruising around town or out in the country and I am not wearing my helmet, this system will be perfect for that.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LOUDNESS

I did a quick test at about 50 mph and I could, but it wasn't as loud as I wanted it. This was with a full face and shield on it. Of course my helmet has so much turbulance noise at freeway speeds I can barely hear my Sena, so that is not a good comparison. A better helmet would probably get better results.
    All in all I am very pleased and truth be told, if were on the interstate for any length of time I will continue to use the helmet and Sena. If we are cruising around town or out in the country and I am not wearing my helmet, this system will be perfect for that.
    I agree that's why I switched to the JBL's ..... they are 2 ohm speakers and play louder and cleaner than the stock ones that came with the Shark ........ Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

May be a silly question, but do you think the amp could be in the cavity under the left hand safety card panel? Might keep it cooler and keep heat away from the battery?
    Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

May be a silly question, but do you think the amp could be in the cavity under the left hand safety card panel? Might keep it cooler and keep heat away from the battery?
    Thoughts?
    I looked in that area and it initially looked very good. Then, I got to thinking about servicing the air filter. Don't think I could secure it very well and then remove it for AF servicing. I found a good spot just to the side of the battery. I will check the heat on it tomorrow,but I think it will be fine.

Mike, I might add a pair of those in the front and put these in the rear eventually. Do you have a link?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

thx for the info!

2015 F3 SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here it is.

Spyder Garage

Here it is.
    Very nice!
    I streamed music most of the day at the booth. Plugged in my trickle charger to keep the battery up and let them tunes roll. I really like being able remotely change the volume up or down with my phone. I also put a master shutoff switch in the left safety card panel so that with one push the whole system is off, including the amp. I didn't like having the amp live all the time or trying to find a suitable key on source that wouldn't play hell with the electronics at some future date...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It certainly was a fun job.
    In the end we put the amp on top (under the windscreen) so we can see at a glance if it's on or off, and whether it's hot. We hooked into the gps plug so it can only be on when the key is on, and put a relay in the Frunk. Nb when I say we, I mean my husband lol. We shall see how this setup goes.

All good except volume has been erratic and frustrating. We had trouble with the speaker connections and, as it doesn't crackle as I insert the 3.5 jack any more, suspect loose connection. Luckily for me Jeff has a bit of time off work before we head from Melb to Adelaide for a spyder muster, so fingers crossed its an easy fix.

When it works, it's brilliant!

Spyder Garage

Wow, the reviews on Amazon are not encouraging!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am frustrated - speaker connections all ok. Now suspect faulty amp. Boss Audio have not responded for a week. Not happy. Local supplier has no phone number - there are no stores which stock this or similar systems, hence no help. If the supplier fails to answer my email, we shall pull the amp apart and check all connections. When it worked properly, very happy. However this intermittent fault seems now permanent and it is not fit for purpose. Wish us luck.

Spyder Garage

Here it is.
    What is that tank bag you have?

Spyder Garage

Sorry you are having trouble. Have not had one bit of trouble...... mine works perfectly...........so far!