Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default F3T top case options

Hi,

I'm actually looking at options for a top case for my 2016 F3T.

Considering the over 2000$ price for the Limited one that BRP is offering, it's not the way I want to go.

I found the Shad SH58X on the web ( http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/products/cases/top-cases/sh58x/c17r160 ) and I really like the way it looks and the space it can provide.

Is there somebody who has already installed one ? I'd like to see the look after installation.

Can someone suggest me the best rack that I can use to install it ? Actually, Shad don't have anything specifically for the F3.

Thanks !
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built

Hi we have a luggage rack that mounts easily to your F3T and we have GIVI and other brand luggage for sale on our website at extremely low cost. These top cases and side cases will mount easily to our Luggage Rack way cheaper than $2000. Maybe this will be of interest to you. You can find the inventory here, http://www.bakerbuiltairwings.com/products.php?cat=35 we have this marked to sell we have limited storage and are a dealer of GIVI we do not want to keep these in storage as we need the room for other product. Give us a call or email us if you see something or have any questions. 1-800-451-9464 or sales@bakerbuiltairwings.com Thank you for your time.

Spyder Garage

The new top case for $2K is at the very high end. Typical for any "new" accessories offered by an OEM manufacturer.

The "looks" are beautiful and would dress up the F3 very nicely. However, my thoughts--if I want a top case, I might as well get the RT which comes with a top case in all versions. The price you pay for a loaded F3T is at pretty much the same price as a RTL. And then you add another $2K to the F3???????? There was a time when I may have jumped on this--but sadly, it has passed me by. I am actually liking the "trunkless" look on the F3's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The new top case for $2K is at the very high end. Typical for any "new" accessories offered by an OEM manufacturer.

The "looks" are beautiful and would dress up the F3 very nicely. However, my thoughts--if I want a top case, I might as well get the RT which comes with a top case in all versions. The price you pay for a loaded F3T is at pretty much the same price as a RTL. And then you add another $2K to the F3???????? There was a time when I may have jumped on this--but sadly, it has passed me by. I am actually liking the "trunkless" look on the F3's.

I agree with you. OEM stuff is just ridiculously priced.

I also like the look of the trunkless F3. But, for some longer rides, the space is just not enough.

That the whole idea of the Shad Top Case. It is adjustable in height (3 positions) and it has even a quick detach mecanism to remove it in just a few seconds.
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Default MagYukon Your Top Case

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    I agree with you. OEM stuff is just ridiculously priced.

I also like the look of the trunkless F3. But, for some longer rides, the space is just not enough.

That the whole idea of the Shad Top Case. It is adjustable in height (3 positions) and it has even a quick detach mecanism to remove it in just a few seconds.
    MagYukon from you aviatar it looks like you installed the Shad SH58X. Can you post of pictures? Which rack did you end up using? Did you solid mount of use the quick detach plate? Where did you order from and what was the price? I live in Edmonton AB and would likely prefer to order in Canada if I can find a fair price relative to buying in the US.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    MagYukon from you aviatar it looks like you installed the Shad SH58X. Can you post of pictures? Which rack did you end up using? Did you solid mount of use the quick detach plate? Where did you order from and what was the price? I live in Edmonton AB and would likely prefer to order in Canada if I can find a fair price relative to buying in the US.

Thanks
    Ive got the Shad 48 liter on mine it is mounted with their quick release mount. Still want to add some lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default My Shad 58x

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post

Thanks

Hi,

I bought my Shad58X from ADM Sport in Quebec (it came with the quick detach plate). I believe they can ship anywhere in Canada. Mine was 420$ + tx.

It's really a great topcase. Usually, in collapsed mode, it's just perfect for my laptop bag and when needed, you can expand it for more space.

The rack is of my creation. I'm in the process of having something I can show you more in detail and probably be able to sell at an affordable price.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Default think pelican too

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Hi,

I'm actually looking at options for a top case for my 2016 F3T.

Considering the over 2000$ price for the Limited one that BRP is offering, it's not the way I want to go.

I found the Shad SH58X on the web ( http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/products/cases/top-cases/sh58x/c17r160 ) and I really like the way it looks and the space it can provide.

Is there somebody who has already installed one ? I'd like to see the look after installation.

Can someone suggest me the best rack that I can use to install it ? Actually, Shad don't have anything specifically for the F3.

Thanks !
    I took a large pelican case and just adapted it to the F3T using the OEM tail rack. I have since moved it to my 2018 Sport Glide.IMG_1341.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default details

See post 20;
    Five Star Cycle.com 48 L topcase P/N 6201292700030 $299.99 (we got it on sale for $254) flat black, gloss black trim.
    M6 Torx screws
    Sheet Kydex (Tandy Leather)
    P/N 2000 Central Pillar PKG P/N 708301989 $7.99
    P/N 2001 Lh Stiffener PKG P/N 708302556 $17.99
    P/N 2001 RH Stiffener PKG P/N 708302557 $17.99 These 3 parts. with tax, were $49, I think.
    1/8 x 1" x 6" aluminum slat
    nuts and bolts

Pix to follow. I have to take it apart to wire in some heated gloves, but we are going on a trip to work on Spyders. Will follow up next week. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Cptjam

Thank you for all the information. I may just start with buying the rack parts and see how I do with the fabrication. Look forward to the pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    See post 20;
    Five Star Cycle.com 48 L topcase P/N 6201292700030 $299.99 (we got it on sale for $254) flat black, gloss black trim.
    M6 Torx screws
    Sheet Kydex (Tandy Leather)
    P/N 2000 Central Pillar PKG P/N 708301989 $7.99
    P/N 2001 Lh Stiffener PKG P/N 708302556 $17.99
    P/N 2001 RH Stiffener PKG P/N 708302557 $17.99 These 3 parts. with tax, were $49, I think.
    1/8 x 1" x 6" aluminum slat
    nuts and bolts

Pix to follow. I have to take it apart to wire in some heated gloves, but we are going on a trip to work on Spyders. Will follow up next week. Joe