Spyder Garage

Question Where to buy or DIY wire harness for brake and turn signals?

I am looking for plug and play wire harness's for turn signal (front/back) and break lights do do some custom LED's. Everything I have found is sold as a kit with the lights. I don't want the lights just the harness.
    Anyone have a good resource for these?

Thanks in advance.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Site vendors like- TRICLED or Value Accessoires

Spyder Garage

It might be overkill but I use my trailer harness. When I installed it I put in additional taps on the trailer leads for stop and tail. I buy LED ribbon in 15 foot rolls and make my own lighting to fit the gaps in the Tupperware and the trailer hitch frame.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markyodo View Post
    I am looking for plug and play wire harness's for turn signal (front/back) and break lights do do some custom LED's. Everything I have found is sold as a kit with the lights. I don't want the lights just the harness.
    Anyone have a good resource for these?

Thanks in advance.
    I would think the existing wiring would be the same except for the plug connectors....
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I would think the existing wiring would be the same except for the plug connectors....
    Does anyone know the name the connectors for L/R turn signals front and rear and break lights.
    Thanks.

Ask me about my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I bought the Show Chrome isolated trailer wiring kit on EBAY every thing plugged in
    I put a fuse block in and a relay power from battery ground to the gas tank bolt

Spyder Garage

Default Fuse Block

Take a look at Show Chrome 13-311. I think it is what you are looking for.
    http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...1&GroupGuid=16

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

An option is the Y harness of the trailer hitch kit, part #710003200. Your dealer can get it. To see what it looks like and how I used it go to this thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=hitch. Probably the easiest way to connect to it is to cut the small square connector off and splice your LED light wires to the pigtail.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    An option is the Y harness of the trailer hitch kit, part #710003200. Your dealer can get it. To see what it looks like and how I used it go to this thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=hitch. Probably the easiest way to connect to it is to cut the small square connector off and splice your LED light wires to the pigtail.
    Not sure how this would work since I already have a trailer harness installed for my hitch/tow package?

Ask me about my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

So, why don't you just tap in to the trailer leads? I drive all my leds off my trailer harness.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markyodo View Post
    Not sure how this would work since I already have a trailer harness installed for my hitch/tow package?
    You should be able to plug it in between your current trailer harness and the harness going to the tail lights. Probably the better way though is tap into the current trailer harness like Lucky suggests.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Red face My List

I ended up with a whole slew of stuff for my install. I went with a lot of suggestions scattered around the forums and youtube.
    My List:
    5pin connectors
    2pin connectors
    Dedicated 6 way fuse block with indicators
    12V 30a water proof relay
    Relay plug and wires
    Lots of colored wire
    Shrink tubing
    3M primer

Along with the lights I will also be hooking up a dedicated rear facing camera (no guidelines), and a 5" LCD monitor with hood.
    The camera if primarily for keeping track of the trailer while traveling but it will be a nice rear traffic view also.
    I already have a dedicated accessory power wire close to mid bike so wiring the relay and fuse block should go quickly.
    I will try and document and video all of this while I work on it the next couple weeks.
    Thanks!

Ask me about my Spyder.