Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Insurances

Honestly, I am curious about the motorcycle insurance pay, and how successful these motorcycle insurance. Tell me what you think. This is what I gathered:

1) USAA. Currently, I’ve been with USAA for quite some time. I finally got a motorcycle insurance for $600 a year, and that is with a motorcycle license. They also put “ABS” as a variable factor for the lower cost. I am at full coverage. The truth is USAA has been really good to me. I’ve been in 3 car accidents. 2 out of 3 have not been at my fault. They expedite really quick.

2) Progressive Insurance. (What I have gathered): When I asked for Progressive Insurance, they informed me it would cost me $2100 a year without a motorcycle license. If I had a motorcycle license than it would cost me $1800 a year. I couldn’t believe the price to this. This is what I gathered in the forums:

a. Some had to pay a $1100 a year, but they went to lizard. They were able to get it at $330 a year for full coverage.

b. Discounts. There are multi-discounts and motorcycle license discounts.

c. Progressive will also pay the impound fees and will pay the lost of the motorcycle

3) Geiko. (Need information). Annual Premium if you have two motorcycles for $900. 100/300/50, on my 2007 ATV and my 2014 RT. The total for both is $274/yr, $223 of it for the Spyder.

Anti theft discount is $3 and safety training discount and mature rider are $29 each.

4) Rider Insurance. Cheaper than Progressive Insurance. Some paid $700 a year.

5) Dairyland. Their online broker is Parker Stevens agency is manned and ran by total morons. They made a number of mistakes on the policy (even my name) and almost caused a cancellation by not getting all required info to the home office. (They do give an ABS discount). In the end I was talking with Corp and demanded that I become a "house" account, removing me from any contact with Parker Stevens.Dairyland. The cost depending on the driver about $400

7) Statefarm. (Need more information)

I would like to know besides the cost. Your experience, and their customer service.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have mine with the American Modern Group, and their Customer Service folks are great to deal with.
    For the Record: I've got 100/300/100 liability coverage
    10,000 medical payments
    Comprehensive and Collision with $500 Deductibles
    $5,000 in Accessory coverage (Note to Self: Increase this!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    When I asked for Progressive Insurance, they informed me it would cost me $2100 a year without a motorcycle license.
    I'm surprised they would even insure someone without a motorcycle license.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not all States require a motorcycle license for these bikes...
    Even in the ones that do: they'll insure you (for more money), under the assumption that you are in the process of obtaining one.

Spyder Garage

I have Markel American(Bikeline) for about $650 full coverage on the 2014 RTL including the RT622 trailer. Never had to make a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have my full coverage with Allstate, bundled with 3 cars, home, condo, additional umbrella policy, - $600 per year.

Spyder Garage

Default Here you go....

State Farm....for my RS is $374.00 a year, but I have a lot with them. Four cars the spyder and the house... they better give me a good deal....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default you guys got it cheap

WWWAAAYYY more expensive up here (B.C.) to insure. I have year round coverage for fire & theft etc. $1200.00 a year. then to actually put it on the street its $113.00 a month. I usually only insure for 6 months a year due to weather.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Great Service from Dairyland

I go through my local agent with Dairyland and have had great service from them, but have never had a claim. We have a 2008 GS, 2012 RTS, and a 2015 F3S and full coverage is less than $800 per year for all 3 with full coverage. I would not use an on line agent with any company. Try to find a local agent and the service will be much better.

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am insurance

I'm with Nationwide, and for my 2011 RT they're charging me $250 per year. Full coverage, 100,000 300,000 5,000 500 deductible
    I do get a discount for safe driver, and multi vehicle.

Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Even in the ones that do: they'll insure you (for more money), under the assumption that you are in the process of obtaining one.
    Ya states like mine with a catch22 DMV they will give you a 90 day window to fax them a copy of your motorcycle endorsed license Was helpful but the ignorance my state implements
    You need a motorcycle for the driving test at DMV , requires up to date registration & insurance that you can not get without said endorsement, so either the company gives you slack or you borrow a friends bike & insurance only covers licensed riders.
    Some have got lucky with presenting certificate they passed local motorcycle training course & depending on who you get at dmv they may let you skip the driving test. But no guarantees & wasting time at DMV is never pleasant if you let it expire & want it back the DMV can be rather difficult in making you take an extended driving test. & resent concerns have been presented for biker profiling making things bit more tough.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I pay Geico 850 for 4. Bikes a year...1 spyder...2 HD...1 yamaha

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default foremost

I had Foremost ins. on my 2010 HD Electra Glide. They are thru The Hartford. On 1-22-17 I totaled my Harley. Foremost tried and did low ball me for everything. 50% off for all safety wear, ( jacket, chaps, gloves, boots, and helmet. I was allowed 3500$ for acc. then the took 50% from that. I was not to happy with that. Live and learn. Look at your insurance really close to see what they pay if you need it. I didn't, and it cost me over a grand.

Oh! I'm currently looking for a Spyder to replace my HD. No more two wheels for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been insured by and a member of USAA going on 36 years. USAA is a great company, although they don't have the cheapest rates, I've always have had good service. I could be wrong, but I don't believe USAA writes motorcycle polices any longer, at least not in FL. My spyder is insured through USAA but the policy is underwritten by Progressive (not sure if rates are better or not). We all know rates are determined by various factors including the state you live in. I was paying around $600 a year for my 2012 RTS but it increased to around $1100 when I bought my 2016 RTS in June. Dale
    Last edited by d.o.spyder-rts; 02-26-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

$500 per year with Allstate for the '16 Spyder and the '14 Harley Limited. I also have the AAA RV membership which covers towing since the Allstate policy doesn't cover towing.

Spyder Garage

I pay Geico $489.00, 12 month premium full coverage.

I have discounts : renewal, mature rider, safety rider, Motorcycle safety coarse, zero accidents/claims, Anti-theft.

Have been with Geico for 5 years, I have a 2014 RTS-SE6 . From Oct, to April only comp is on( for winter storage purposes). Also, starting Aril 1st the rest of the limits/liability's are on the policy.

I have great customer service with Geico, Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 02-26-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added to post @ 2:59, 2/26/17

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    I've been insured by and a member of USAA going on 36 years. USAA is a great company, although they don't have the cheapest rates, I've always have had good service. I could be wrong, but I don't believe USAA writes motorcycle polices any longer, at least not in FL. My spyder is insured through USAA but the policy is underwritten by Progressive (not sure if rates are better or not). We all know rates are determined by various factors including the state you live in. I was paying around $600 a year for my 2012 RTS but it increased to around $1100 when I bought my 2016 RTS in June. Dale
    I think you should re-evaluate that. I just got mine for $600 a year Full coverage with a $500 Deductable. Yet, I have a 2016 F3-S. That would my recommendation for you. I've been with you USAA for 11 years now. When I checked with Progressive they wanted $2100 a month without a motorcycle license and $1800 a month with a motorcycle license.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXPENSIVE INSURANCE

I think you should re-evaluate that. I just got mine for $600 a year Full coverage with a $500 Deductable. Yet, I have a 2016 F3-S. That would my recommendation for you. I've been with you USAA for 11 years now. When I checked with Progressive they wanted $2100 a month without a motorcycle license and $1800 a month with a motorcycle license.
    So $25,200 or $21,600 PER YEAR - with Progressive ...... I advise get the cheaper one ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

I have American Family. $300.00 a year for my 08 GS with comprehensive coverage. 100/300/100, thousand dollar deductible.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance -Ohio Resident

In Ohio, written & driving test for 2-wheeled motorcycles which also allows you to operate 3-wheel motorcycles. Anything with 3-wheels is considered motorcycle in Ohio including the Slingshot. If you just want to operate a 3-wheel motorcycle, you are only required to take a written test - no driving test.

I have mine with the American Modern Group, and their Customer Service folks are great to deal with. For the Record: I've got 100/300/100 liability coverage 10,000 medical payments Comprehensive and Collision with $500 Deductibles. $5,000 in Accessory coverage (Note to Self: Increase this!)
    Curious about opinions on coverages. I pay $328/year. My coverages are lot less then others that I have seen on here. I have been riding for 41+ years and only 1 claim in all that time - my motorcycle (GOLDWING) was stolen but recovered with body panels scratched. They don't repair/repaint GOLDWING panels that are damaged - they replace them. The claim came in around $2,000 and this was 20 years ago.

2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5

FullSizeRender.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a saying:
    "If you think that insurance is expensive: try not having enough of it, when things go wrong..."
    Get some prices on bumping your coverage up.
    If you own a house; how would you like to have to give it to somebody else?
    Particularly because the Court Judgement exceeded your policy's limits?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    I have Markel American(Bikeline) for about $650 full coverage on the 2014 RTL including the RT622 trailer. Never had to make a claim.

X2 on Markel. Both my wife and I insured with two Spyders...approximately $1,200 bucks per year ($100/month). Neither of us have M1 endorsements. I can live with this premium.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

USAA has Progressive under write for motorcycles, boats, RVs, ATVs, and airplanes in Virginia. I pay $600 for year round full coverage with Reductions for the APEX trike class and good drivers discount

Spyder Garage

Default Statefarm

Honestly, I am curious about the motorcycle insurance pay, and how successful these motorcycle insurance. Tell me what you think. This is what I gathered:

1) USAA. Currently, I’ve been with USAA for quite some time. I finally got a motorcycle insurance for $600 a year, and that is with a motorcycle license. They also put “ABS” as a variable factor for the lower cost. I am at full coverage. The truth is USAA has been really good to me. I’ve been in 3 car accidents. 2 out of 3 have not been at my fault. They expedite really quick.

2) Progressive Insurance. (What I have gathered): When I asked for Progressive Insurance, they informed me it would cost me $2100 a year without a motorcycle license. If I had a motorcycle license than it would cost me $1800 a year. I couldn’t believe the price to this. This is what I gathered in the forums:

a. Some had to pay a $1100 a year, but they went to lizard. They were able to get it at $330 a year for full coverage.

b. Discounts. There are multi-discounts and motorcycle license discounts.

c. Progressive will also pay the impound fees and will pay the lost of the motorcycle

3) Geiko. (Need information). Annual Premium if you have two motorcycles for $900. 100/300/50, on my 2007 ATV and my 2014 RT. The total for both is $274/yr, $223 of it for the Spyder.

Anti theft discount is $3 and safety training discount and mature rider are $29 each.

4) Rider Insurance. Cheaper than Progressive Insurance. Some paid $700 a year.

5) Dairyland. Their online broker is Parker Stevens agency is manned and ran by total morons. They made a number of mistakes on the policy (even my name) and almost caused a cancellation by not getting all required info to the home office. (They do give an ABS discount). In the end I was talking with Corp and demanded that I become a "house" account, removing me from any contact with Parker Stevens.Dairyland. The cost depending on the driver about $400

7) Statefarm. (Need more information)

I would like to know besides the cost. Your experience, and their customer service.
    I am pricing out a new RT so not sure about rate. However, I have been with Statefarm for eons! You get what you pay for IMO. Great local and prompt customer service is awesome...ya know when someone you actually know picks up the phone to help you lol Suggest to at least check them out. They represented a family member in a disputed accident and were like junk yard dogs...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So who here has had an accident that was their fault? And what was the dollar amount of the claim.

Not stolen motorcycle; not damaging your own trike or motorcycle; etc. but where you caused physical damage to property or person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 03-01-2017 at 08:31 PM.