Default Replace factory Cat Converter with LaMonster Performance Pipe

If this is changed w/o changing the muffler, what is the result with:

1. Power
    2. Sound

I bet someone has done this!

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I tried that, but the bypass pipe lamonster sells does not fit the oem muffler well at all. You cant get the clamp tight enough to keep the muffler from leaking and moving. My bypass pipe sits in a box collecting dust now. If you try using it with an aftermarket muffler, it is obnoxiously loud. I tried that too. I am now running a two brothers muffler with the stock cat and it sounds just right.
    If you had one that didn't fit you should have given us a call. We have hundreds of these out there and I've only had one return for a fitting issue. Give us a call Monday.

Spyder Garage

We do have a smoking good deal on them now too.

https://www.facebook.com/lamonster.s...2009623508972/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    If this is changed w/o changing the muffler, what is the result with:

1. Power
    2. Sound

I bet someone has done this!

Thanks
    I ran this setup on my "14 RTL (1330 engine). I did install the baffle in the by-pass pipe. For my style of driving, I didn't really notice any change in performance or power. The sound did change. It had a deeper tone, that sounded good without being obnoxious.

Spyder Garage

This was one of the first mods I did on the F3. CAT delete to the stock muffler. Fit like a charm and sounds great and runs great. No problems here.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster mid-pipe

I replaced the stock CAT. on my 2016 RT with a Lamonster mid-pipe and Big City baffle. Originally installed with a Akrapovic 3C Silencer and was way to loud for my liking, but with the stock can sounds just right. The fit to the stock muffler fits like a glove.

Spyder Garage

I have installed quite a number of these using stock mufflers. Its usually the first step I recommend to customers before going 'too far' with the exhaust. Many, including myself on my personal F3S, are very happy with the note and performance improvement using the bypass with baffle and the stock muffler. Great note, and a very noticeable performance increase in the upper RPM range.

Its nice that its such a well made product and each one has fit perfectly. None of the 4 letter words normally associated with exhaust work.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Does this affect your warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Fits

We have done quite a few of these. In fact, SpyderAnn has one on her bike, right now. Superb!
    no warranty issues, and if she can't break it in 96,000 miles, I would not worry! 😁
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We have done quite a few of these. In fact, SpyderAnn has one on her bike, right now. Superb!
    no warranty issues, and if she can't break it in 96,000 miles, I would not worry! [emoji16]
    Does anyone have a video of the sound running from the stock exhaust after adding the cat delete pipe?

Can Am Spyder F3-S SE6
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

Go to you tube and search it and you will find many exhaust systems installed and tested for sound..

Quote Originally Posted by aracrash View Post
    Does anyone have a video of the sound running from the stock exhaust after adding the cat delete pipe?

Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I've done on it on my '14RT, keeping the stock muffler. The fit and finish was nothing short of superb.

Did it increase the "power"? I doubt it. However, what it definately did do was to allow the engine to spin up a little faster and run a little smoother. Well worth it IMO.

Did it increase the noise? Yes. It made the exhaust note louder, more raspy and little harsher. However, overall, it isn't bad and still well worth the trade off in how it runs.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

My cat delete pipe fit perfectly to my 2015 stock RT limited muffler. It was an easy install, even with muscling the inner spring over its hook.

The question of "how loud is it?" has come up before, and I always laugh when I hear any other motorcycle pass by me. The bypass makes it a bit louder, and the tone changes, but it is NOT anything like 95% of other motorcycle decibel readings.

I wouldn't know if there is more power, but it does feel like the engine responds quicker and easier.

I was also glad to get all of that weight off with the secondary muffler. I couldn't believe how heavy that thing was!!!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black