Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer Attitude

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I think that attitude is directed more at local customers and non-emergency service, not out of town travelers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I tend to agree with the emergency service stuff.

Dealers holding a grudge because you got a better price elsewhere have cropped up from time to time also though. When there was a choice in Alaska (two dealers) I stuck with the one with the better reputation. Not the best prices, but I always received good service when needed. The other dealer made everyone wait about a week for service. They no longer sell .

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I guess that if you bought from another dealer because you got a great price: I hope that it was great enough...
    You definitely have to run the numbers. Trade value is another. I saved almost 4k between sale price of the new vs. trade value offered. I gave the quote to local dealer of what other dealer was offering and he could not even come close. So decision was easy.

Spyder Garage

If you were talking to the dealer owner himself IMO he is an A$$hole and no matter what it cost, I'd do business somewhere else. If it was "just" a salesman, I would go to the owner, tell him what the salesman said and ask him point blank if that was his attitude too. You want to blackmail me you better bring a gun. I'd make it my goal to cost this dealer as much money as I could. There are enough people hanging on to your jewels, I don't voluntarily let anyone get on board.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

With all above ,but got to point out you were point blank, so whoever you were talking to very well could of reflected & tried to answer you with a point blank answer, hoping your attitude would ease. There is no 100% happy answer, so they gave you the mess with it overly honest Or just enough All they can do is wait & see.
    In comparison tho , glad they didn't start bad mouthing about the other dealer or other hard core sales tactics , dealers nowadays seem to go extreme either way
    1:You get a sales guy that wont let you breathe unless you test ride Or
    2:they ignore you till snag the first person that enters the sales floor.
    ( I'm sure there are wagers behind the scene on that too)
    with so many sources of reviews & comparison not just products but everything related, it surprising they try at all. As I understand it the customer is already informed & sold they want one , the rest is the finer details (color& credit payment options) & options (not quite what a sales person specializes in)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Car dealers do the same thing. They may not say it like that but they do.

ALL
    major car dealers service departments place breakdowns while traveling at the front of the line. Period. its in their dealer agreements. BRP does not do this nor require it. That said, many still do. It the right thing to do.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I've used three dealers out of state while traveling.

One for a tire change mid trip. No issues, no waiting.

Two for emergency repairs mid trip. They took me right in. Both took parts off of brand new Spyders to get me back on the road.

My local dealer serviced my spyder and squeaked me in many a time even though I didn't buy my first spyder from them. I did buy my second from them.

Plain and simple, the salesman is employing a scare tactic to get a sale. They don't want you complaining to BRP so I wouldn't worry about dealing with them for service.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Having been a motorcycle shop for over fifty years we had the problem of doing warentee work on vehicles bought elsware. The problem was, there were shops that did nothing but sales at rock bottom prices and no service work. All the warentee work was sent to us, at a rate of far less then what was fair.In the height of the season are customers always came first, as you see it takes a profit to run a good service dept. We always took trvelers in right away even dropping what was being done in order to get them on their way. Once we had a traveler from New York who was going west, he had such a good time while we serviced his machince that he stayed for two more days camping in the back. Service sells make no mistake about that.......

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you're rolling through Illinois, stay away from imotosports. They've done more damage to our Spyder than they've fixed. AND WE BOUGHT IT FROM THEM !!!! I don't believe they have any REAL technicians on staff. The guy that came and loaded up my wife's machine damaged the passenger grab rails with strapping it to the trailer. He dropped a vial of narcotics onto our driveway, which the dog found. The machine sat at there shop for 4 days when they called to say it was ready for pickup. We got there and found out they didn't fix anything ! We sat there for three hours while they attempted to fix a loose ground wire. The machine was dirty as hell! Grease prints all over it....all this and they claimed they "detailed" it. What a sham this place is. Stay away from iMotosports !!!!!!0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

For what it's worth, we have 3 dealers within 50 miles and 5 within 75 miles. And I live in a tiny town 80 miles from the nearest metro area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm in about the same situation as you are.
    While I didn't buy from the closest guy: I have frequented his shop, and support him when I can.
    I chose my dealer based upon where I felt I would get the best service. The initial pricing is important, but you only pay it once. Service headaches will last until you move on to something else.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Dealer Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Have one dealer a few miles away and next closest is about 100 miles a way and dealer closest to me says well if you go with this other dealer you will miss out on our great customer service. So asked point blank that if I do not purchase my machine from you will you not service my can-am? The answer, well we will but we take care of "our" customers first and when we are busy during the summer you might have to wait. Is this how it is? Because if it is I'm not 100 percent sure that I want to be a Can-am owner and my reasoning is fairly simple. If I'm 500 miles from home and spyder goes into Limp Mode I really can't afford to come across a dealer with this attitude and hear, "We'd really like to help you here but Bob over there needs his oil changed maybe we can get to you in a couple of days." The Can-am dealership network is a concern to me anyway since they are not like Harley dealers that dot the map like Starbucks, but if some have this attitude well it makes it even worse. And it kind of affects recalls and service contracts that state that you can take your machine to any dealership and affects internet dealers as well? Or did I merely run into one dealer?
    Read the many other items posted by others. All vehicle dealers, in general but not always, tend to have the same opinion. Regardless, consider yourself VERY fortunate that you have TWO choices within 100 miles of each other. Here in Manitoba (Canada) there is only one delaership. The next closest is in Regina (350 miles west) and Saskatoon (490 miles west) or Thunder Bay (440 miles east). And, in perspective, consider Indian or Triumph owners. They have to go a l-o-n-g way between delerships! Victory owners have the same issue. As for your comment about Harley dealerships, yes, they are a dime a dozen. But some of them concern themselves with their own customers first. As a striking example, the only Harley dealership here in Winnipeg will NOT service any Harley, even under warranty, if the dealership itself did not sell the bike to the owner. I'm willing to bet there are other H-D dealerships out there. In the end, you need to determine WHY you are considering a Spyder. If, like myself an others, it is because of hip, knee, or other body issues that make riding a two-wheeled motorcycle too much of an "adventure" and you want to have the security of a Spyder, then get the Spyder. And either get insurance coverage (if in the USA) to cover roadside assistance/towing, or if in Canada, get the super-duper CAA coverage.
    2014 ST Limited