Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tyndall AFB

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Is the dealer local? I know Panama City Cycles will only change a tire purchase there. Dale
    Are you station at Tyndall AFB. I saw your picture with the jet and your Spider. I was station there in 1963 to 1965.

Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    OK, we all know there are more than a few New Rear Tire Questions that can be found on here, but some of them kind of go off subject and get in a pissing contest. I am getting ready to replace mine after 14k miles on the stock tire and finally found a dealer who is willing to replace the old tire with what tire I pick.

My question is this for those of you who have replaced your tire with a non Kendra tire. What tire did you choose and how many miles have you put on your new tire? Oh, and what PSI are you running?? I've narrowed my selection down to the following and leaning towards the Yokohama or Michelin. Not interested in going back to a Kendra tire.

Yokohama S-Drive 205/55 R15

Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15

Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50 R15

General Altimax RT 43 215/60-15
    I have a 225/50 R15 kendra on the back. Shouldn't I be ordering the same size Michelin?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    I have a 225/50 R15 kendra on the back. Shouldn't I be ordering the same size Michelin?
    Neil, in a nutshell, the sizes stamped on the tyre differ between manufacturers depending on how they do there measuring, so one manufacturer's 225 may be an inch or so wider or narrower than another manufacturer's tyre. For that reason, it's safest to go with aftermarket tyres that people are already running on their Spyders. There are a large number of threads on this that will provide more detail.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tomorrow I'm having a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 installed on my RT. Looking forward to it.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Tomorrow I'm having a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 installed on my RT. Looking forward to it.
    Great choice It's been fantastic for me.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    The Michelin Premier A is not avalable in the 225/50 R15 size. I am running the 205/60 R15 and it works great + the speed indicated is now closer to to the true speed (per GPS).
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Ordered a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 from Tire Rack last night, should be here Monday. Hopefully it takes care of some of my vibration problem..

Spyder Garage

Default Deal charge?

I am putting th General altimax RT-43 on in a few days. My dealership will install it but wants 150.00 to install the 70.00 tire. If I take the old tire on rim in to Discount Tire (where I bought the new General) they will change it out for free. Guess which way I plan to go.

Spyder Garage

i put kumho car tire on my rear ...ordered it at wal mart and had a custom bike shop install it..the 2 ply tires are not worth the trouble...the car tire is a 4 ply and i was stunned at how much better my bike handled... it also will wear much better and last at least twice as long...oh by the way..the tire only cost 80.00....you will have to decide how much air to carry in the tire.. i carry 22 pounds and it seems to do very well...you just have to watch the wear and adjust accordingly... i also put 4 ply car tires on the front and carry 16 pounds in them...much better response at least as good of a ride or better...
    gary (ô¿ô)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer

May I ask you who is your Can Am dealer in BC? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    My CanAm dealer is quite large for up here in western Canada and sell all kinds of CanAm equipment. They WILL do tires other than Kenda on Spyders. It is definitely a dealer decision from what I can see.

Gary

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Max LTD View Post
    May I ask you who is your Can Am dealer in BC? Thanks
    It is Banner Recreation in Kelowna.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default Yokohama 205/55/15 rear tire

Purchased tire from Discount tire. Matched online price $76 inc tax. They wanted to know what car I needed it for. I told them Toyota Celica. Replaced rear tire today at RN, $99.00 to install. I have a better ride with less vibration....smooth. I like this tire.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Finally balanced, of all places....Harley Shop lol, and what a difference in ride...wow.

Spyder Garage

Default General

I replaced the stock wimpy tire with a General Altimax. Couldn't be happier . Run about 21 or 22 PSI.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I ran the General Altimax RT43 and found it to be a good tire, but for my riding conditions (western states high speeds touring) I thought it wore out too quickly. It was done in about 16k miles. My stock Kenda was done in 4k miles, so I first switched to the Kumho, which also wore quicker than I would have liked. So I researched other tires and found something different from what others are doing. I recently switched to a Cooper CS5 in a 215/60R 15. I don't have too many miles on it yet so I can't say anything about life span, but so far I really like the tire. It's a harder compound than the RT43, with equal ratings. It was under $80 to my door. As an added bonus it's made in the USA.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default replaced rear tire on RT

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    I am putting th General altimax RT-43 on in a few days. My dealership will install it but wants 150.00 to install the 70.00 tire. If I take the old tire on rim in to Discount Tire (where I bought the new General) they will change it out for free. Guess which way I plan to go.
    Wow; I amazed, was charged $19.00 for change and road hazard in Kalamazoo @ Discount.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default yoko s drive

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    OK, we all know there are more than a few New Rear Tire Questions that can be found on here, but some of them kind of go off subject and get in a pissing contest. I am getting ready to replace mine after 14k miles on the stock tire and finally found a dealer who is willing to replace the old tire with what tire I pick.

My question is this for those of you who have replaced your tire with a non Kendra tire. What tire did you choose and how many miles have you put on your new tire? Oh, and what PSI are you running?? I've narrowed my selection down to the following and leaning towards the Yokohama or Michelin. Not interested in going back to a Kendra tire.

Yokohama S-Drive 205/55 R15

Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15

Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50 R15

General Altimax RT 43 215/60-15
    Yoko s dr @ 11,000 cant wait to change all 3 at the same time...205/55/R15

Spyder Garage

forgot to say that I had the rear Yokohoma installed last week. love the ride it gives and running it at 22psi.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    I wouldn't use the Dunlop ! It is too small
    Sorry that I'm late to this party; but I'm researching rear tires. I think the OP typo'd the size. The Dunlop Direzza DZ102 is also made in the 205/55R15 size. So it is the same size as the Yokohama S Drive. If my memory is correct the UTOG for the tires are:
    a. Dunlop :460 AA
    b. S Drive: 300 A AA
    Tire Rack rates the Dunlop better by a small amount
    Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a 204/55 vs. a 205/60 vs. a 215/60??????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Going to a BF Goodrich G-Force R1 P255/50ZR/15

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS TIRE CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    Going to a BF Goodrich G-Force R1 P255/50ZR/15
    wd - I have serious concerns about a 255 fitting inside the swing-arm ....especially in the front where it attaches to the frame ... I didn't find that size But it has ....NO TREADS , it's a track / race tire , and it's DRY performance is ONLY 1/10 of 1% better than a General Altimax RT 43 ...... I wish you all the best and suggest getting the most insurance you can afford .............. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-01-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RATINGS

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Sorry that I'm late to this party; but I'm researching rear tires. I think the OP typo'd the size. The Dunlop Direzza DZ102 is also made in the 205/55R15 size. So it is the same size as the Yokohama S Drive. If my memory is correct the UTOG for the tires are:
    a. Dunlop :460 AA
    b. S Drive: 300 A AA
    Tire Rack rates the Dunlop better by a small amount
    Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a 204/55 vs. a 205/60 vs. a 215/60??????
    Mike since you are familiar with the Tire Rack ratings compare the Dunlop vs General Altimax RT 43 vs Pirelli P4 Four Season Plus .............. I think you will be surprised ..... and it won't hurt ........... Mike

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

Picked up my Spyder from its first service yesterday and the service manager at the dealership said that he was at Homecoming; he said that he was told by BRP that several dealers had lost their franchise (?) because they were installing non-Kenda tires. He said that it was a liability issue. So, my question for those that have had their tires replaced with non-Kendas, did you remove the rear wheel and take it to a tire dealer to have it mounted and balanced?
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default NO Dealer the 2nd time

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    Picked up my Spyder from its first service yesterday and the service manager at the dealership said that he was at Homecoming; he said that he was told by BRP that several dealers had lost their franchise (?) because they were installing non-Kenda tires. He said that it was a liability issue. So, my question for those that have had their tires replaced with non-Kendas, did you remove the rear wheel and take it to a tire dealer to have it mounted and balanced?
    I just put a General Altimax RT43 225/60R/15 on my 2010 RTSE5. Did this tire change myself 3 weeks ago. It took about 3hours overall since all I have are hand tools to do the job with.
    I am very pleased with this tire, especially in the rain, I have 3 rainstorms on it already and it far, far exceeds the Kenda in performance!!!

I took Mike & Peter's advice and am running 19psi, I ride 2 up 99% of the time.

Spyder Garage

Default replaced rear tire on RT

service manager at the dealership said that he was at Homecoming; he said that he was told by BRP that several dealers had lost their franchise (?) because they were installing non-Kenda tires. He said that it was a liability issue. So, my question for those that have had their tires replaced with non-Kendas, did you remove the rear wheel and take it to a tire dealer to have it mounted and balanced?

Yes take it to discount tire, or tire store of your choice, tell them that it's for your Morgan Kit car. And don't forget to keep that PSI low
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White