Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  46
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Tyndall AFB

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Is the dealer local? I know Panama City Cycles will only change a tire purchase there. Dale
    Are you station at Tyndall AFB. I saw your picture with the jet and your Spider. I was station there in 1963 to 1965.

Default rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    OK, we all know there are more than a few New Rear Tire Questions that can be found on here, but some of them kind of go off subject and get in a pissing contest. I am getting ready to replace mine after 14k miles on the stock tire and finally found a dealer who is willing to replace the old tire with what tire I pick.

My question is this for those of you who have replaced your tire with a non Kendra tire. What tire did you choose and how many miles have you put on your new tire? Oh, and what PSI are you running?? I've narrowed my selection down to the following and leaning towards the Yokohama or Michelin. Not interested in going back to a Kendra tire.

Yokohama S-Drive 205/55 R15

Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15

Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50 R15

General Altimax RT 43 215/60-15
    I have a 225/50 R15 kendra on the back. Shouldn't I be ordering the same size Michelin?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    I have a 225/50 R15 kendra on the back. Shouldn't I be ordering the same size Michelin?
    Neil, in a nutshell, the sizes stamped on the tyre differ between manufacturers depending on how they do there measuring, so one manufacturer's 225 may be an inch or so wider or narrower than another manufacturer's tyre. For that reason, it's safest to go with aftermarket tyres that people are already running on their Spyders. There are a large number of threads on this that will provide more detail.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2016 F3 Limited in go-fast red.....Setup for Tall....
    Bajaron Stabiliser Bar
    Kuhmo KH17 175/60 fronts, KU22 205/55 rear
    Lamonster RIP Boards in Position#5 plus Lamonster hwy pegs
    F4 25" screen with Madstad adjustable hardware
    Russell Daylong custom seat

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar

Tomorrow I'm having a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 installed on my RT. Looking forward to it.
    2014 RT Limited
    Ultimate seat, backrest, rear backrest, passenger armrests
    Kuryakyn clamshell grips for Goldwing
    Wolo BadBoy horn
    Scala Rider G9
    FOBO TPMS
    Custom Dynamics 3rd brake light and turn signals
    TricLED side reflectors and LEDs
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Spyderflaps mudflap
    Spyderpops missing belt guard and stainless steel grill
    LidLox
    Providence Ram ball mount with Ram cup holder
    Rivco drink holder mount for RAM-X-Grip
    Permanent Smile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Tomorrow I'm having a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 installed on my RT. Looking forward to it.
    Great choice It's been fantastic for me.
    2014 RT-Limited
    Custom Dynamics rear brake light, LED fender and Floorboard lights, Trunk liner, Powerlet 12v connectors, Tri-Aixes handlebar, ISCI Front hand brake, F4 low vented windshield, Spyderpops Skid Plate, KOTT Grills, and Missing Belt Gard, Ron Bar & Links, Cat bypass, Fiamm dual horns, Rolo laser alignment, Fox Shocks, LED Headlights & Fog Lights, Russell Day Long Saddle.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    The Michelin Premier A is not avalable in the 225/50 R15 size. I am running the 205/60 R15 and it works great + the speed indicated is now closer to to the true speed (per GPS).
    2014 RT-Limited
    Custom Dynamics rear brake light, LED fender and Floorboard lights, Trunk liner, Powerlet 12v connectors, Tri-Aixes handlebar, ISCI Front hand brake, F4 low vented windshield, Spyderpops Skid Plate, KOTT Grills, and Missing Belt Gard, Ron Bar & Links, Cat bypass, Fiamm dual horns, Rolo laser alignment, Fox Shocks, LED Headlights & Fog Lights, Russell Day Long Saddle.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?

Default rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Ordered a Michelin Premier A/S 205/60 R-15 from Tire Rack last night, should be here Monday. Hopefully it takes care of some of my vibration problem..

Default Deal charge?

I am putting th General altimax RT-43 on in a few days. My dealership will install it but wants 150.00 to install the 70.00 tire. If I take the old tire on rim in to Discount Tire (where I bought the new General) they will change it out for free. Guess which way I plan to go.

i put kumho car tire on my rear ...ordered it at wal mart and had a custom bike shop install it..the 2 ply tires are not worth the trouble...the car tire is a 4 ply and i was stunned at how much better my bike handled... it also will wear much better and last at least twice as long...oh by the way..the tire only cost 80.00....you will have to decide how much air to carry in the tire.. i carry 22 pounds and it seems to do very well...you just have to watch the wear and adjust accordingly... i also put 4 ply car tires on the front and carry 16 pounds in them...much better response at least as good of a ride or better...
    gary (τΏτ)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Default Dealer

May I ask you who is your Can Am dealer in BC? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    My CanAm dealer is quite large for up here in western Canada and sell all kinds of CanAm equipment. They WILL do tires other than Kenda on Spyders. It is definitely a dealer decision from what I can see.

Gary

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Max LTD View Post
    May I ask you who is your Can Am dealer in BC? Thanks
    It is Banner Recreation in Kelowna.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Default Yokohama 205/55/15 rear tire

Purchased tire from Discount tire. Matched online price $76 inc tax. They wanted to know what car I needed it for. I told them Toyota Celica. Replaced rear tire today at RN, $99.00 to install. I have a better ride with less vibration....smooth. I like this tire.