Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

check out post #23
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

So I went to Harbor Freight on Sat afternoon. Bought the Bearing splitter kit as the only single small one they had was in the kit. Spent $54.00 on it. This morning tried and the magnet popped right off. Hallelujah!! Put the bike back together and all is well. The only other problem I had was when I popped the cover off of the magnet side of the lift mechanism, it flew into the big hole just above the unit. Try as I might, I could not find it so, I fashioned a piece of plastic about the same size, drilled 2 holes and put it on in it's place. I figure all it does is keep dirt off of the magnet. Seems to be working well. Thanks for the info.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    So I went to Harbor Freight on Sat afternoon. Bought the Bearing splitter kit as the only single small one they had was in the kit. Spent $54.00 on it. This morning tried and the magnet popped right off. Hallelujah!! Put the bike back together and all is well. The only other problem I had was when I popped the cover off of the magnet side of the lift mechanism, it flew into the big hole just above the unit. Try as I might, I could not find it so, I fashioned a piece of plastic about the same size, drilled 2 holes and put it on in it's place. I figure all it does is keep dirt off of the magnet. Seems to be working well. Thanks for the info.
    Can't remove the cover that the risers go through. All risers have a sleeve in them that won't move, and they won't separate from the cover which has to lift through the risers.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rbob View Post
    Can't remove the cover that the risers go through. All risers have a sleeve in them that won't move, and they won't separate from the cover which has to lift through the risers.
    Try using a bit of heat to the screws, that has worked with many people.
    2015 RTS Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post
    It doesn't matter if you go the magnet end or the worm wheel end as long as you take it steady and take your time It ends up with the same result, a safer better fitting arm that won't break like the OEM ones do.

Anyone with an RT should regularly (maybe while drying the bike after a wash) look out for the tell tale sign usually the crack. I went to one Spyder Rally and seen 11 RT's with a minor crack in the arm.

Noboot, where do I look for the crack on my 2015 RT and do I need to remove anything to get to it? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Yes, perhaps it is a matter of getting the sleeve out of the riser. A post mentioned the two dissimular metals may be corroded together.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Hey, heated the sleeves with a soldering gun; then replaced a screw but not all the way in; and then beat on the screw until the whole sleeve slid a bit. Took the screw out and punched the sleeve the rest of the way out. I have punched on the sleeve a good bit before and it wouldn't move, but after the heat, I punched hard enough till it did move!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2023 at 10:55 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by svspyder View Post
    Noboot, where do I look for the crack on my 2015 RT and do I need to remove anything to get to it? Thanks
    If you go this web site and scroll down you will see a pic of one with a crack. Normally you can see if it's starting to crack without moving any parts. https://www.ozspyderryders.com.au/sp...tems-for-sale/
    2015 RTS Special Series