Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that they changed the color on the top trunk (unaffected by any but the WORST fuel spills!), to kind of give you a "Black stripe Over The Top" look...
    It makes sense.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

We've been following this thread closely and we want to make sure you got the right information. Here are the facts: in order to offer the high level of quality that all customers can expect from their Can-Am, we had to change a few intense red parts for steel black metalic, as you can see in the picture below. As a result, the Spyder F3 Limited Intense Red is now the F3 Limited Steel Black metalic / Intense Red. No other changes have been made aside from these concerned parts.

We're very sorry for any confusion that arose from this.

Thanks,

BRPcare team

thanks for your in put to provide the correct information.
    two tone color still looks great

Spyder Garage

No problem here. I like the two tone look.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Catch and fix the issue before distribution, notify people properly, and make a few other parts black as well so it all looks good (and, to my eye, better).

Well handled.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I think the red and black combination looks nicer than the all red bike
    I don't
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

So I guess I just have to be very, very careful when filling up. This wasn't the exact reason I bought the carbon fibre tank protector from Wrapmyspyder though . I wonder if they will offer to repaint the tank if I DO spill some petrol on it
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I don't
    Totally agree Pete! I absolutely did not want that black tank! That is why I paid extra to get the L. I have only had one very small fuel spill with no consequences in 7000 miles.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there any sort of clear coating that you could put over that panel to protect it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    We have an all red model and we have an accidental furl spill, will BRP provide with free black panels to replace the red we have now?
    Hi Pirate looks at --,

Please, write us an email to brp.care@brp.com with your VIN, so that we can look into it.

Thank you,

Roland
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Hi Pirate looks at --,

Please, write us an email to brp.care@brp.com with your VIN, so that we can look into it.

Thank you,

Roland
    Hi Roland et al,

I believe Pirate was asking a hypothetical question on behalf of us "all red" riders. He just accidentally left an "if" out of his question. So what is our course of action if we DO have an accidental fuel spill that marks the tank? The BRP action of "Give us your VIN and we'll look into it" is not very reassuring. What are the potential actions that BRP will take to rectify the issue, as long as the VIN number matches your records?

Mind you, I'm sure we will take even more care than normal when filling up now that we know there could be an issue, but sometimes fuel pump issues are unavoidable.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I bought the F3T because I didn't want the chrome, but I really wanted the all red. Alas I'm now thinking of a red tank protector from SpyderWraps to sort of "un-black" that part.
    I agree with u. I got the f3 limited but I had my dealer replace the chrome parts with black and I love it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Why did BRP increase the cost of the top case parts? (Top case is $1499 in catalogue and $1625 online; side panels are $199, now $215, AMP was $299, now $325)
    Gettin ready for that border tax.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Why did BRP increase the cost of the top case parts? (Top case is $1499 in catalogue and $1625 online; side panels are $199, now $215, AMP was $299, now $325)
    Chris, would you mind moving this question to a new thread please? It has nothing to do with the issue of fuel spills on the red F3-L and will just muddy the waters for those of us trying to effect a resolution.....Thanks...

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Well hope BRP come with a solution for us with all red units of ever something happens to the paint. I'll definitely bring some rags to put around the gas tank in case of that ..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Hey everyone,

Here's a quick update. In response to some of you who had questions about their 2016 Intense Red F3 Limited, it is unaffected by this issue.

Thanks!

Roland
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Hey everyone,

Here's a quick update. In response to some of you who had questions about their 2016 Intense Red F3 Limited, it is unaffected by this issue.

Thanks!

Roland
    Thanks very much, Roland.....that's great news (for 2016 F3-L riders at least &#128540.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Roland
    That's awesome news. So glad to hear that.. Thank you so much it is greatly appreciated..

[emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default No all red F3 Limited

Not only did they change the color but they also left off most of the chrome accents, chrome driver and passenger footboards, the Garmin GPS, and fog lights, which are all standard on RTS limited. On the F3 you will have to pay extra for the standard "LIMITED" options. I also wonder they introduced the all Red version to change it now. The reason I got it had something to do with the paint around the fuel tank, but that does not explain changing the trunk top, upper front end and mirrors. By the way, they did not change the color scheme on the white, silver, or black models.
    "Can Am you should go back to offer the all red version"
    2016 F3 Limited , Intense pearl red

Spyder Garage

Default Speaking of Intense Pearl Red...

Does anyone know how I can go about getting the paint color code for touch up paint? I can find it for about every color except the Intense Pearl Red.
    2016, Pearl Red F3 Limited w/ matching BRP hitch. Garmin Zumo 590LM GPS w/ the BRP mount, Lamont's LED head lights, LED fog lights, TricLED front fender amber and red lights, SpyderLiter strobing brake lights. BRP Travel Cover, Mustang seat and backrest, Spyderpops Spyclops LED light and LED mirror turn signal lights.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Roland
    Thanks Roland! Good to know. I had forgotten about this thread and had not read this until today. While ryding 6800 miles to homecoming and back I had a pretty bad fuel spill and I was freaking out! I immediately wiped everything down and there were no signs of damage. So I can certify that the 16s don't have the same problem. Is the paint on the 17 different?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by indy_spyderlady View Post
    Does anyone know how I can go about getting the paint color code for touch up paint? I can find it for about every color except the Intense Pearl Red.
    Have you tried these folks?

https://touchupdirect.com/
    http://www.colorrite.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by indy_spyderlady View Post

Head on over to the nearest Wally World. Huge selection of nail polish. There is one that is a perfect match. I promise! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL