Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWS from BRP Regarding 2017 F3 Limited

If you have a Intense Red Pearl 2017 F3 Limited on order ............................ Go to your dealer and choose another color.

BRP is not making an intense red pearl F3 Limited for 2017.

They may be making a red / black one but no all red.

This is straight from BRP.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 02-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they mention why, and are they going to offer another choice?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Did they mention why, and are they going to offer another choice?
    The reply to me was

"there are no plans to have a F3 limited in all red"

now whether they have any variations or not they did not say.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

i figured the red would be a big seller, it's beautiful
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Well my dealer has received some 2017 red cause I have a 2016 and said I could have either year.. not sure. Plus I saw them online.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jul0682 View Post
    Well my dealer has received some 2017 red cause I have a 2016 and said I could have either year.. not sure. Plus I saw them online.

The 2017 may be a combination red/black. Not an all red.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they're going with a two-tone combination: it should look really sharp!

Spyder Garage

If they're going with a two-tone combination: it should look really sharp!
    The F3-T is a red and black combo.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!Wo

Seems strange to cancel a color this late on.... must have had a leak in the paint tank.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

they had some concerns because fuel spills on the red tank caused some discoloration, now the tank and the Box on the back have been changed to Black.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

well i guess in the off months, you can have the black parts painted if you wanted to. or put a 3M clear tape over the stuff you worry about.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was at the Toronto Bike Show on Saturday,
    I spoke directly with BRP factory rep.I was told that when gas is spilled on intense red pearl there was problems with the paint reacting to the raw fuel.
    the 2017 intense red F3 Limited are in production now, so a fix in mid production is that the fuel tanks will be either black or partially black in color with the rest of F3 Limited being intense red pearl.
    The rep did say the intense red pearl will be available

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I was at the Toronto Bike Show on Saturday,
    I spoke directly with BRP factory rep.I was told that when gas is spilled on intense red pearl there was problems with the paint reacting to the raw fuel.
    the 2017 intense red F3 Limited are in production now, so a fix in mid production is that the fuel tanks will be either black or partially black in color with the rest of F3 Limited being intense red pearl.
    The rep did say the intense red pearl will be available
    YES, you are correct, but not an all red one.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that this is just a case of "finding a problem, and fixing it."...

Thanks for the update on this story!

Spyder Garage

On the F3 Limited, Intense Red Pearl color, they are going to change the top tank panel to black. Because the red is affected by a fuel spill. The top case panels will go to black. Because it will look better with the tank black panel. Am I understanding this correctly?

F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl

F3 Limited 2017.JPG

F3T Intense Red Pearl

F3T 2017.JPG
    Last edited by billybovine; 02-21-2017 at 05:23 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I think the red and black combination looks nicer than the all red bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope that they can find a red paint for next year, that has no problems with fuel spills...
    (I prefer the solid red; not the two-tone...)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    On the F3 Limited, Intense Red Pearl color, they are going to change the top tank panel to black. Because the red is affected by a fuel spill. The top case panels will go to black. Because it will look better with the tank black panel. Am I understanding this correctly?

F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl

F3 Limited 2017.JPG

F3T Intense Red Pearl

F3T 2017.JPG

I am not sure but i think the top will be black with red panels, but that is just rumors that i heard and not necessarily from BRP.I think the two tone will be a nice color match, but i liked my all red 2015 RT Limited better than the Red/Black combo RTs

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Well the black and red is just the same old f3-t non limited that's all..

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,

We've been following this thread closely and we want to make sure you got the right information. Here are the facts: in order to offer the high level of quality that all customers can expect from their Can-Am, we had to change a few intense red parts for steel black metalic, as you can see in the picture below. As a result, the Spyder F3 Limited Intense Red is now the F3 Limited Steel Black metalic / Intense Red. No other changes have been made aside from these concerned parts.

We're very sorry for any confusion that arose from this.

Thanks,

Roland
    BRPcare team

Coloration_change.jpg
    Last edited by BRPcare; 03-03-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Thanks for clearing that up and the comparison picture. BRPcare.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What if

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

We've been following this thread closely and we want to make sure you got the right information. Here are the facts: in order to offer the high level of quality that all customers can expect from their Can-Am, we had to change a few intense red parts for steel black metalic, as you can see in the picture below. As a result, the Spyder F3 Limited Intense Red is now the F3 Limited Steel Black metalic / Intense Red. No other changes have been made aside from these concerned parts.

We're very sorry for any confusion that arose from this.

Thanks,

BRPcare team

Coloration_change.jpg
    We have an all red model and we have an accidental furl spill, will BRP provide with free black panels to replace the red we have now?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up and the comparison picture. BRPcare.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(I prefer the solid red; not the two-tone...)
    I bought the F3T because I didn't want the chrome, but I really wanted the all red. Alas I'm now thinking of a red tank protector from SpyderWraps to sort of "un-black" that part.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I just got the same info from BRP

Can-Am is announcing an update to the MY17 lineup affecting the MY17 Spyder F3 Limited Intense Red. In order to offer the highest level of quality, we had to change a few Intense Red parts for Steel Black Metallic. As a result, the Spyder F3 Limited Intense Red is replaced by the F3 Limited Intense Red/Steel Black Metallic. There is no impact on MSRP, nor on date of production.