Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ShowChrome 1/2 cover, F4 wide windshield, and Rivco Trunk Rack

After I bought a ShowChrome 1/2 cover for my RT last year, I installed an F4 wide windshield (stock height) and the Rivco trunk rack. I needed to use the cover recently, and it occurred to me that the two additional add-ons might be an issue since they change the bike's profile a bit. Glad to report all is well. No issues at all with fitment.

I might have to leave the bike outside in the rain for a few days this spring. Does anyone use a full cover that will cover the bike with these add-ons? My primary concern is over the trunk since the Rivco rack is horizontal rather than sloping with the curve of the trunk.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't answer your question with confidence as I don't have a full cover. If you're referring to a full cover made by BRP, my guess is that it probably wouldn't fit over the Rivco Trunk Rack but will fit over the F4 Wide. They are pretty tight fitting.

We have a BRP half cover and an F4 Tall and Wide and the Rivco rack. My wife and I had to modify the BRP half cover to fit over the Rivco. The cover was fine with the Tall and Wide when the windshield was lowered some.

Some of the other after market full covers seem to be looser fitting than the BRP one so they might be OK. But I don't know for sure. Let us know what you find out.

Gary
    States visited by Bike