Spyder Garage

Default Top and bottom belt tensioner

Has anyone tried to mount both a top and bottom belt tensioner on the F3? [ I am asking about the ones that take out the belt vibration. It would seem to me that the belt would be vibrating on both the top and bottom.] thanks for your info
    Last edited by brass-monky; 02-19-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt on F3

I have an F3T and I'm trying to do that right now. I hope someone helped you because I need help. The tension is correct, but my brlt is only halfway on and it will NOT move any further to the right. I need my Spyder Tuesday so I meed some help quick. It is jacked up off the floor and I'm turning the set bolts, it just won't go any more to the right. HELP !!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why?
    You only need one. Why make it more difficult than it needs to be?

Ride More Worry Less.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Belt

My drive belt is only half way on the sproket on the back. tendion is perfect but supposed to turn the adjusting screw from 6-9 0'clock to make the belt go to right. Won't work. Sny help out there

Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....

I seem to remember one of our sponsors making a dual tensioner.. need to do some searching....but they are right , you only need one.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoDot View Post
    My drive belt is only half way on the sproket on the back. tendion is perfect but supposed to turn the adjusting screw from 6-9 0'clock to make the belt go to right. Won't work. Sny help out there
    If the tension is correct, turn 1/4 turn on the left clockwise and turn the right 1/4 turn counterclockwise. I tap the nut with a plastic dead blow hammer to seat it on that side, then lock it down. Go ryde it a short distance and return.
    Make sure you pull in straight and no backing up. Backing up will throw it off and be inaccurate. See if it is tracking better. Continue with the above until you get it 2-5mm's off of the inner shoulder of the sprocket. If you get close,you can do 1/8th or even 1/16th turns. The main point is if it is off to the left, loosen the right side and add to the left side.
    Remember; small corrections or it will be off too far the other way. Test ryde after each adjustment.