Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch for F3S

I need help locating a vender selling a trailer hitch that did not mount with
    the rear wheel axle but to the frame. Experience, thoughts, opinions or help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F-3 HITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    I need help locating a vender selling a trailer hitch that did not mount with
    the rear wheel axle but to the frame. Experience, thoughts, opinions or help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!

Dray
    A member here did a one-off custom FRAME TYPE hitch for His RT which wouldn't help you ..... Currently there are three for the F-3 .... one uses the bumper tabs on the swing arm...... one uses the swing arm and incorporates the axel ( this is the strongest for the tubular swing -arm ) .... and the newer high end F-3's that have the same swing arm as the RT uses the Hitch from the RT ............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default F3S Trailer Hitch

Thanks Mike!! Much appreciated.

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or there's the frame mounted hitch made by classic industries in Queensland Australia. $au 495 but the exchange rate works your way!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default yes - but

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Or there's the frame mounted hitch made by classic industries in Queensland Australia. $au 495 but the exchange rate works your way!
    I'm just guessing but I would imagine the shipping would be astronomical ..... Merlot's Magic Mirror Magnet's cost $24.00 to send to the USA ..... how big a package do you think that is ??????? compared to the size and weight of the FRAME HITCH ???? ........... just sayin ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah well I've lost count of things I've had shipped to oz from the states for my spyders - and don't forget our dollar is only worth 70 odd us cents...
    Sometimes shipping cost is reasonable, sometimes not. I can't recall anything that was only 24 for shipping lol
    It all depends what it's worth to you... Just passing on a hitch option.
    Last edited by loisk; 02-19-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have an extra hitch for the RT, Does anyone know if it will fit a 2015 F3. If not what are people using for a hitch and what do I need for a wiring harness? I am looking at buying the F3 but would like to haul my 622 trailer with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by geoshmo View Post
    I have an extra hitch for the RT, Does anyone know if it will fit a 2015 F3. If not what are people using for a hitch and what do I need for a wiring harness? I am looking at buying the F3 but would like to haul my 622 trailer with it.
    Sorry, but the RT hitches will not fit the F3. The F3 has a tubular swingarm.... the RT has a squared swingarm. Can't fit a square peg into a round hole.... ;-)

The F3-T models have a square swingarm and there is a BRP hitch available, but I believe it differs from the RT one...

I think there is a 3rd party making them for the regular F3 models......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!