Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Hi Spyder_Cowgirl,

Re: I would only have gone "back home" to . . .

I was watching the news today & Maxwell is flooding with roads closed.

So I moved my trip to SoCal & Arizona back from leaving this Friday to leaving maybe next Friday; weather dependent.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here is one perspective on the situation............

The Bear Flag, which first appeared as the symbol of theshort-lived Bear Flag Republic in 1846, was made the official flag ofCalifornia in 1911. The flag displays a California grizzly bear which, in a bitof irony, is extinct in California with the last sighting taking place in 1922.

Without any disrespect towhat was a magnificent animal, perhaps it is time for a new emblem that moreaccurately reflects the current state of the state. Let’s consider the OrovilleDam as a more appropriate symbol. It’s large, not functioning well, parts arecrumbling and it is putting the lives and property of thousands of Californiansin jeopardy. To top it off, for over a dozen years, officials have beenignoring warnings that the now eroding emergency spillway was vulnerable to heavyrains.

Since the dam came on line in the late 1960s, and especiallybeginning with the first terms of Gov. Jerry Brown, California has shifted froma state that prioritized infrastructure improvement to one that focuses onentitlement programs, public employee compensation and environmental policiesthat stifle economic growth.

Spyder Garage