Spyder Garage

Default Tailgunner Widow maker for RT Limited

On a scale of 1 to 5 can anyone tell me how loud and the pros and cons of this exhaust system on the Spyder before I invest in one? I want a sound different from the stock but not Harley loud.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I haven't modified my exhaust, but I know some who have.

The 3-cylinder doesn't have the deep throb of a Harley and never will. Custom exhausts are louder but the pitch and pace are higher due to the different engine style.

I don't know anyone who has a custom exhaust on the V-twin Spyder.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

I heard a few different exhausts, really liked the one from HMF Racing but they don't make one for the RT
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

Go on you tube and you can listen to the different ones. Make sure which engine you want to hear and search it. Tailgunners on the 998 twin are loud...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have an Akropovich on my 14 RTS.
    It sounds bitchen!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Tailgunner

Quote Originally Posted by JMcG View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 5 can anyone tell me how loud and the pros and cons of this exhaust system on the Spyder before I invest in one? I want a sound different from the stock but not Harley loud.
    I have just installed the Tailgunner on my 2014 RTS. It is loud, not like a Harley. My only problem is the exhaust...have a small leak where adapter pipe and tailgunner meet...exhaust chokes you...not sure if coming from leak, or
    coming from end of tailgunner. Went for a ride today and had to turn around and go home...wifes clothes and hair smelled like exhaust. Not real happy with this exhaust!!
    2014 RTS-SE6 , "Harvest Gold" Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default TBR

Quote Originally Posted by JMcG View Post
    I installed the two brothers racing on my 15 rt. Sounds great. They also sell an insert to lower the sound. I use it when my son is on back as he complains its too loud.