Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I've had the exact opposite experience with Corbin. I had a Corbin on my 2008 GS for 80,000 miles. Had one on my 2012 RT for 24,000 miles. Just ordered one for my 2015 F3 and they have been GREAT.
    I had questions as well and the receptionist only kept me on hold for about a minute and then Mike picked up the phone... as in Mike Corbin. He was great to talk to and (obviously) knew the product well.
    My smuggler trunk and seat will take 6-8 weeks to arrive.
    Their seats are fantastic and I can't imagine any long mile rides without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am comforrt seat VS Ultimate/Corbin

How does the Can Am comfort seat compare to the Ultimate Tall boy or a comparative Corbin. I have an Ultimate tall boy but would like to get even further back and the seat is a little firm in the padding. I was thinking of going to the comfort seat but wanted to get some opinion first. Does the comfort move you back a little? It says it moves back 2" as opposed to the Ultimate which goes back 1.5". Is it a little softer than the Ultimate?

Thansk
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmar157 View Post
    How does the Can Am comfort seat compare to the Ultimate Tall boy or a comparative Corbin. I have an Ultimate tall boy but would like to get even further back and the seat is a little firm in the padding. I was thinking of going to the comfort seat but wanted to get some opinion first. Does the comfort move you back a little? It says it moves back 2" as opposed to the Ultimate which goes back 1.5". Is it a little softer than the Ultimate?

Thansk
    I did a thorough comparison of all three.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=seats+tall
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Great review

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    I did a thorough comparison of all three.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=seats+tall

Thanks this is a great review
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmar157 View Post
    Thanks this is a great review
    Thanks. I bought all three because I needed to know for sure. Plus I knew I wasn't the only one that could benefit from it.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat Service

Quote Originally Posted by blowndisk View Post
    Has anybody had the same problem I have been having trying to order a seat from Corbin. I have heard that they have great seats. For the past four days I have been trying to order one but needed to talk to a sales person first because of some questions I needed answered before shelling out $1300. Three days I was put on hold and I was never picked up again and the fourth day I actually talked to a real person only to find out that their system was down and they could not take any orders nor could she answer my questions; nor did they call me back when I left my number. I just spent 30 minutes on hold again being tortured by having to listen to horrendous Christmas music. Love it in December can do without it in February. Is this a sign that I should take my business elsewhere? Has anyone else come across this problem with Corbin? Would love to get your views Thanks. Barry

I have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S. Didn't care for the stock seat, so an order was placed for an electrically heated seat, with an oval back rest. Seats for the Spyder, come with the fuel filler door, so the passenger need not leave the bike for the bike to be refueled. The order for the seat was placed online, and a nice representative by the name of Jessica called a couple days later to verify the order. And my specifications and requirements. I was told that it should take four to six weeks to complete. To date, I've not had a problem with them (Corbin). But while the stock seat should be easy enough to remove, and the new one installed, I'll let the dealership take care of that.

Spyder Garage

I just had more contact from Corbin on my order and they were great. Hopefully this is a sign they've turned things around from some of those who had bad experiences.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I just had more contact from Corbin on my order and they were great. Hopefully this is a sign they've turned things around from some of those who had bad experiences.

Yeah, Firefly, when I was looking at seats for the F3, I had a lot of contact with Corbin as I wanted to make sure the seat would "probably" work before bringing it out here. I never had an issue with email or phone contact, and found them prepared to take the time to try to help out. I didn't go with Corbin as there was no way I could be reasonably comfortable that it would suit without riding on it for 2000kms. They understood completely.

That doesn't mean that I am disregarding the comments from those who have had a bad experience with Corbin, as there are too many to dismiss lightly. It's all a bit confusing.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red