Spyder Garage

Default how to attach razor-type foldable scooter to our RT/622 trailer combination

We take off for several weeks on our GREAT Spyder! My breathing is getting worse with walking. Hate to miss things that are off the beaten track cuz I can't walk that far. Figured that a small foldable scooter would help but haven't figured out how to carry it along!
    Help!!!

Spyder Garage

Default RACK

i would advise that you visit a local fabrication shop and ask if they could build and install a luggage type rack for your trailer that would hold the razor... i would think you would be looking at $500 - $700 for such an item... best of luck...
    jmo
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Scooter?

If you check out different models of handicap scooters I think your best option would be a three wheel scooter that folds and comes apart. I'm not sure how much one of these weights but I'm quite sure it would fit inside a small trailer and still allow room for other "stuff." My first wife, now deceased five years, had one & spent the last two or three years being mobile & travelling and enjoying herself. It was a blessing for her & the rest of our family & friends! Shop around & pick the best model for your particular needs. I/we had an 03 Honda VTX 1300 and she went from never having ridden to being the one picking out the day rides as well as extended trips. She was a real trooper & I miss her daily. Take Care! Sorry for my rambling!

Spyder Garage

Default No rambling - just sweet memories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    If you check out different models of handicap scooters I think your best option would be a three wheel scooter that folds and comes apart. I'm not sure how much one of these weights but I'm quite sure it would fit inside a small trailer and still allow room for other "stuff." My first wife, now deceased five years, had one & spent the last two or three years being mobile & travelling and enjoying herself. It was a blessing for her & the rest of our family & friends! Shop around & pick the best model for your particular needs. I/we had an 03 Honda VTX 1300 and she went from never having ridden to being the one picking out the day rides as well as extended trips. She was a real trooper & I miss her daily. Take Care! Sorry for my rambling!
    Thx Tom - Have looked at several very small scooters. When we take off for 3+ months, we take everything from swimsuits to long johns, all of our spare medications, 2 CPAP machines and my nebulizer. Hubby did take golf clubs last yr so he could play in Canada on our trip around Lk Superior - Maybe the little guy I'm looking at will fit where his clubs were!