Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Tank Protect from WrapMySpyder

Just added this tank protection for my wife on her T. The kit is from WrapMySpyder. For whatever reason I'm freaked out when ever I do stickers but this turned out nice.

Spyder Garage

Default I've got one.

I've got the same one, although I didn't add the dash kit and opted for the Metallic Silver F3 (it's really metal flake). I chickened out and had a pro apply it as I watched, It's much heavier than the wraps I've seen, so I wouldn't hesitate to do one myself now. It really sets off the tank, and does a good job protecting it. I was starting to get scratches from carrying my camera case on my chest riding double.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow! that really looks great. So glad you tackled the install yourself Lamont, I knew you could do it.
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I've got the same, Lamont, but in the red and black. Looks great with the only minor downside being that they are so thick that you can no longer remove the ignition bezel without multi-grips.....not that that is a frequent occurrence, but it might catch you out on the road.....and Pete's red/black F3 bonnet decals that just stick over the BRP logo add a bit too !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-15-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    I've got the same one, although I didn't add the dash kit and opted for the Metallic Silver F3 (it's really metal flake). I chickened out and had a pro apply it as I watched, It's much heavier than the wraps I've seen, so I wouldn't hesitate to do one myself now. It really sets off the tank, and does a good job protecting it. I was starting to get scratches from carrying my camera case on my chest riding double.
    You must either have a really, really low chest, or you are really, really short, Railwhale
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sooooooooo

How do you keep from screwing it up? If I mess it up does it come off easy???????
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    How do you keep from screwing it up? If I mess it up does it come off easy???????
    it's not that hard to get straight, Pirate. A little mark on the centre of your gas cap and one on the centre of your seat helps. Plus, and I/you would have to confirm the following, but you can usually spray a water & detergent mix on the tank just before applying decals. That gives you a bit of time and the ability to slide the decal before the glue bites. This would have to be confirmed with Pete though, as I'm not sure if it would work with these.

EDIT - forget I said that....the tank protector has to go on "dry" as the adhesive is "quite aggressive". If you get on to the Wrapmyspyder site, Pete has instructions for installation for the tank protector that include his simple hinge system using masking tape. If I can do it, you'll have no problems.
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-15-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Looks really good. I will see if my wife wants it for her F3.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    it's not that hard to get straight, Pirate. A little mark on the centre of your gas cap and one on the centre of your seat helps. Plus, and I/you would have to confirm the following, but you can usually spray a water & detergent mix on the tank just before applying decals. That gives you a bit of time and the ability to slide the decal before the glue bites. This would have to be confirmed with Pete though, as I'm not sure if it would work with these.

EDIT - forget I said that....the tank protector has to go on "dry" as the adhesive is "quite aggressive". If you get on to the Wrapmyspyder site, Pete has instructions for installation for the tank protector that include his simple hinge system using masking tape. If I can do it, you'll have no problems.
    No worries Pete, thanks for the added input!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

It' definitely not rocket science to install this kit. You do apply it dry but if you follow these instructions, which have way more information in them than needed you will have a successful install.
    https://wrapmyspyder.com/wp-content/...structions.pdf

Also, we are in the process of creating a matching knee protection kit as well.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions

I was thinking this "wrap" but I want to see it in person because pictures do not demonstrate its true looks or quality. The Lamonster key "bob/fob thingy is also on my list. So far the only refund I had to go thru and is still pending was my MADSTAD windshield (only because it is too small for my needs). Not much into returning stuff so I'm very selective before I buy.

Two questions.

1. How does the wrap stand up to the elements, sun, washing and rubbing?

2. Does the LaMonster key fob have a key ring attachment so I don't have to put it in my pocket looking like I'm happy to see everyone as it is large.

Spyder Garage

At the bottom of the order page here you can read about the product durability under the heading "product description". We have been offering our automotive grade dash kits for Spyders since 2010 and I know many, many members here on Spyderlovers have purchased them. I can honestly say that over all these years we have never had any owner complaints about the product quality or durability. As we know, every product has it limits but so far we are super pleased with the performance of all of our dash related products. Also, please note that our dash kit / tank protector products are not vinyl wraps (decals) these are automotive grade dash kits produced by an automotive dash kit manufacturer.

1. How does the wrap stand up to the elements, sun, washing and rubbing?
    Last edited by Spyder Wraps Pete; 02-16-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default camera case

You must either have a really, really low chest, or you are really, really short, Railwhale
    My camera case is a backpack style to carry spare lenses as well as my camera. It's not small, often it's overkill for a dslr. It's not like the old days when I had to carry lenses, bodies and tons of film canisters.

Spyder Garage

Default tape

The pro I had install mine used masking tape to set up reference marks for the center top, center bottom and the sides. He made it look easy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tank protector does not protect where needed. On the sides where your thighs will rub. Might not be able to tell since your area is all red but when the tank is black you can soon see the rub area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Tank protector does not protect where needed. On the sides where your thighs will rub. Might not be able to tell since your area is all red but when the tank is black you can soon see the rub area.
    No single product can protect "where needed" as we are all different shapes and sizes, Tazzel. I just put a couple of the BRP clear protectors where body parts touch the paint and there is no problem (in my case, where my knees touch). The Wrapmyspyder protector does its job in protecting the top of the tank from inadvertent helmet (and other bits and pieces) drops etc

there are a zillion (well, maybe a million) photos on the Wrapmyspyder site, showing exactly what you are getting, which is a protector for the top of the tank and around the gas filler.
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-16-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Not to change the subject - But !!

I may have to look into the tank wrap myself. Haven't made the decision yet, but heading to test drive the F3 Limited. Currently on a 2014 RTL. How do they compare? Hope full to get some feedback from those who went from the RT to the F3. Lamont, I know you have. Thoughts? I appreciate any help in the decision making. Wife and I are long haul trip takers.

RT
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

We are working on a knee area protector for the sides of the F3 that will match the same theme as our current dash products. We will keep you up to date on the website and facebook page. Let's just say... "Coming soon"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    We are working on a knee area protector for the sides of the F3 that will match the same theme as our current dash products. We will keep you up to date on the website and facebook page. Let's just say... "Coming soon"
    Yes!! I knew if I kept putting that out there you guys would step up. You make great product just need additional product to protect that tank area or even a total tank wrap.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexAmRider View Post
    I may have to look into the tank wrap myself. Haven't made the decision yet, but heading to test drive the F3 Limited. Currently on a 2014 RTL. How do they compare? Hope full to get some feedback from those who went from the RT to the F3. Lamont, I know you have. Thoughts? I appreciate any help in the decision making. Wife and I are long haul trip takers.

RT
    RTL is a luxury cruiser, the F3L is the Italian Sports car!

IMG_0126.jpg

Spyder Garage

I sent my wife a picture of the tank protector that Lamont put on Joan's F3 to see if she would want one. She loved the look.

I then emailed Pete today to get a picture of one made with the real carbon fibre with the red-ultra metallic inlay where it says F3. He said he didn't have a picture of one, but preceded to make one and send me a picture of it with in a 1/2 hour. My wife loved it, so we bought it.

Great customer service Pete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I sent my wife a picture of the tank protector that Lamont put on Joan's F3 to see if she would want one. She loved the look.

I then emailed Pete today to get a picture of one made with the real carbon fibre with the red-ultra metallic inlay where it says F3. He said he didn't have a picture of one, but preceded to make one and send me a picture of it with in a 1/2 hour. My wife loved it, so we bought it.

Great customer service Pete.
    Hahaha.....you do realise that Pete just sent you a copy of the picture already shown in post 4 of this thread, don't you bscrive ?

......and yes, their customer service is GREAT....
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-17-2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Missed a bit.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes!! I knew if I kept putting that out there you guys would step up. You make great product just need additional product to protect that tank area or even a total tank wrap.
    I was thinking the same thing. All that fancy "wrap" yet void where you need it the most. I'll wait till they produce a truly protective "wrap" where I rub the tank. Excellent point.

Spyder Garage

Just to be clear, the tank protector by Wrapmyspyder is not a vinyl wrap. It is fairly easy to install. I put one on my F3T so that my coat zipper wouldn't scratch the bottom of the tank.

tankprotector.jpg

Spyder Garage

Looks like Greek to me!