Thread: RECC 2016 F3s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RECC 2016 F3s

I'm sure this has been brought up before but since I have snow covering the roads I decided to sit my "Beast" and play with the RECC system. I would like to get acquainted with my new love before the riding season avails itself. As such I'm trying to figure out how to set/reset the trip meters and have the clock display. I cant even find these items. I figured how to set KM-M and go from C to F. I cant get the Left-Right switches (per owners manual) to display trip, clock, trip time etc. I decided maybe its one of those systems where the operator needs to lift his left leg and hop around while holding a secret button? Don't laugh.....I've experience crazy systems before. Your help is appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

On my RS... You set the display to time...then hold the mode button till the time flashes...then set the hour with th set button then mode to minutes the set then mode will take you to total miles..you can not reset this. mode again and you get trip A which holding the mode button will set it to zero. then mode will take you to trip B holding mode will reset to zero. then mode will take you to ryding time and holding mode will reset to zero then mode will take you to total engine run time which you can not reset....hope this helps some....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Just to confirm. You are looking at the secondary digital display.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry but it does not compute

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    On my RS... You set the display to time...then hold the mode button till the time flashes...then set the hour with th set button then mode to minutes the set then mode will take you to total miles..you can not reset this. mode again and you get trip A which holding the mode button will set it to zero. then mode will take you to trip B holding mode will reset to zero. then mode will take you to ryding time and holding mode will reset to zero then mode will take you to total engine run time which you can not reset....hope this helps some....
    Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Just to confirm. You are looking at the secondary digital display.
    Thanks for the feed back but I cant even get to the hours/trip area of my screen let alone the "secondary" screen whatever that is. My left/right arrows do not do what the owners manual (OM) says it should do. The OM is very vague and the CD that came with the bike was not even for my bike but a generic CD. Can Ams website, YouTube chanel etc are nothing more then fluff that sells their clothing and accessories with a few "ride between the cones" tests. Nothing about the screen setup on an F3s can be found.

Spyder Garage

The way you describe the problem it's as if the secondary dsplay is currently blank? It should always show one of the folowing:

Capture.JPG

Does it show one of these in the area marked '6' on this diagram?:

Capture 2.jpg
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    The way you describe the problem it's as if the secondary dsplay is currently blank? It should always show one of the folowing:

Capture.JPG

Does it show one of these in the area marked '6' on this diagram?:

Capture 2.jpg
    To get to the secondary screen do you have to hold the mode button? Can I just use the left/right buttons? Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Meathead Alert

I didn't understand what the "second screen" was. I was trying to find it in the "mode" section without realizing it was just the little bottom screen in front of my face. After I realized where it was I set the time/date/trip A/Trip B and the trip hour setting in a few seconds. Thanks for the help though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    To get to the secondary screen do you have to hold the mode button? Can I just use the left/right buttons? Thanks
    You don't need to do anything to get to the secondary display, it should always be on and show one of the things in that list. The buttons just change what is showing or reset the trip etc.

If that area in the display is blank I can only assue you have a faulty gauge cluster. Has there ever been anything showing in that area? Date? Trip? Hours?
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Meathead Alert

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    You don't need to do anything to get to the secondary display, it should always be on and show one of the things in that list. The buttons just change what is showing or reset the trip etc.

If that area in the display is blank I can only assue you have a faulty gauge cluster. Has there ever been anything showing in that area? Date? Trip? Hours?
    Thanks for the reply. I found what was already in front of my face, I just didn't know what I was looking at. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I found what was already in front of my face, I just didn't know what I was looking at. Thanks again.
    Excellent, glad you're sorted and it's not a fault.