Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust for 2014 RS

I am seeking advice on exhausts for a 2014 RS. My husband has been after me to pick out something but it seems the more I look the more confused I get, to the point that I have put off a decision for almost a year. We are preparing for a trip and I have been given a deadline to make a decision. I don't want something that is wicked loud but I would like an exhaust with a deeper rumble to it. I have been contemplating an RLS Rage. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    2014 RS , White

Spyder Garage

Default Options....

I have an RS 2012 and started with the hindle exhaust. Was a nice exhaust and the sound was great but it did not hold together well so I started a search...needless to say there are many. You tube has most with sound clips which are close to actual. I finally decided on the Yoshimura R77. It came with an extra baffle if you wanted to tone it down. Here is my question...do you want louder..? seems if you have been waiting a year you are somewhat happy with what you have...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the input. I looked up the Yoshimura but on their website they don't make an exhaust for a 2014.
    2014 RS , White

Spyder Garage

Default Idea

Why not a cat bypass and the stock muffler? Great sound, weight savings, better mpg.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

We have the RLS Punisher exhausts on both of ours. Provides the aggressive sound that my wife and I both like.
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Why not a cat bypass and the stock muffler? Great sound, weight savings, better mpg.
    I did this on my '14 RTL, but also added the baffle in the by-pass pipe. Gave it a good deep tone that could be heard without being annoying.

Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers Thumbs Up or Down

Hello all. Just picked up a 14' RSS and way way to quiet for me. I am a Flowmaster V8 type of guy so was looking at the Yoshimura R77 and Two Brothers. Using Everyone Tube, the 2B is too loud IMO without the baffles but with them in sounds incredible. My only concern is the possible drone at riding RPM. Anyone been lucky enough to hear the two to compare. Don't mind spending the extra $$ for the 2B but not if it kills my ears.

Thanks for any advice.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 15 RS. I installed the RLS Punisher (110 % satisfied***) Was an easy choice as it cost less than the others and sounds sooo much better. No drone riding for months. It's not too loud as some say (IMO) If you like the muscle car exhaust (Not so much drag car even though it's considered a drag pipe) It has a deep throaty rumble ****BUT*** I also have JT's Air Cleaner installed. Not sure if it would be the same with a CAT bypass or whatever other setup. It gives me a grin from ear to ear and I always get compliments on the sound. Now I'm looking at the CAT bypass but hope it doesn't get raspy on me.

Good luck with choosing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
    I have a 15 RS. I installed the RLS Punisher (110 % satisfied***) Was an easy choice as it cost less than the others and sounds sooo much better. No drone riding for months. It's not too loud as some say (IMO) If you like the muscle car exhaust (Not so much drag car even though it's considered a drag pipe) It has a deep throaty rumble ****BUT*** I also have JT's Air Cleaner installed. Not sure if it would be the same with a CAT bypass or whatever other setup. It gives me a grin from ear to ear and I always get compliments on the sound. Now I'm looking at the CAT bypass but hope it doesn't get raspy on me.

Good luck with choosing!
    I apprecite the additional choice, your set up and experience. The more I read on exhausts the more choices I find. That's the fun in being a noob. Was looking at GRP last night. Finding good sound bites is not easy.

Spyder Garage

Default Agree with Chupaca

... the Yoshi R-77 makes the 998 sound fantastic!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Am View Post
    ... the Yoshi R-77 makes the 998 sound fantastic!
    From the YT vids i have listened to i have to agree. Moved up to the top of my list. Since Yoshimura site only states up to 2012 i am researching if it will fit my 14 RSS.

I have heard on YT the RLS Punisher in the Long format as recommended and though it sounds Bad Arse even with the baffles in still has a loud rasp i am not fond of.

YT really sucks and the MFG's are no different for sound clips but better than nothing.

Spyder Garage

Default Difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post
    From the YT vids i have listened to i have to agree. Moved up to the top of my list. Since Yoshimura site only states up to 2012 i am researching if it will fit my 14 RSS.

I have heard on YT the RLS Punisher in the Long format as recommended and though it sounds Bad Arse even with the baffles in still has a loud rasp i am not fond of.

YT really sucks and the MFG's are no different for sound clips but better than nothing.
    ... to assess sound on You Tube videos. I know my Harley riding neighbor smirked at me when he 1st saw and heard my Spyder... it sounded like a sewing machine with stock cork muffler. Since I installed the Yoshi, he constantly tells me how much he loves the deeper throaty sound. It's a slip-on, find out what your pipe dimension is..... great pipe!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Am View Post
    ... to assess sound on You Tube videos. I know my Harley riding neighbor smirked at me when he 1st saw and heard my Spyder... it sounded like a sewing machine with stock cork muffler. Since I installed the Yoshi, he constantly tells me how much he loves the deeper throaty sound. It's a slip-on, find out what your pipe dimension is..... great pipe!
    I just went to youtube to listen for the first time. That does sound great, can't even lie!

Spyder Garage

Default Trust me...

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
    I just went to youtube to listen for the first time. That does sound great, can't even lie!
    ...it sounds much better in person than on YouTube!

Spyder Garage

From what i could find on Yoshimura's site is the Yoshimura R-77 Race Series Slip-On Exhaust SS-CF-CF For Can-Am Spyder RS-S 2013 PN Manufacturer Part Number:1936020220 is for the 2013. Since the 13 and 14 are the same exhaust style (Non 90deg) this should fit but i would make your own decision. Personally, once i buy exhaust this or the Two Brothers single or dual will get the nod. All three just sound so good even through crappy mic's on YT.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/...1936020220.asp