Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So why

Spyder Garage

Default So why

So why were the mirror threads censored and closed?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very good question

Spyder Garage

I'm guessing he was trying to sell a product without being a sponsor, but who knows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope they work it out

Spyder Garage

they knew you were coming
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Merlot has been trying to sign on as a sponsor since about last year, but hasn't been able to get any response to any of the multiple messages he's sent. He finally got a response just a day or so back after sending another a pm direct to Lamont, & with any luck I think he should be up & running as a sponsor quite soon; but it looks like that's when the threads were closed/posts removed etc. I know it's been very frustrating for him, because he's been trying to do the right thing from waaay back & sending message after message and not getting anything at all back until this last one...

But as I said, with any luck, it should be sorted soon. There has certainly been no lack of effort or intention on Merlot's part - possibly there's a glitch or a breakdown in the internal Forum processes here?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I'm guessing he was trying to sell a product without being a sponsor, but who knows?
    No guessing about it, he was. But he kind of got sucked in inadvertently. He said he really wasn't ready to start advertising for orders, but when people asked, he answered. The one thread was started by Doc Humphreys with a link to Merlot's web site, so Merlot jumped in and started answering some questions. The other was a question about what mirror mounting options were available and someone mentioned Merlot's Magic Mirrors. Lamont closed the threads and deleted Merlot's posts giving information about how to order the mounts. They are not shipping yet. Someone reported a PayPal problem when they tried to order the mounts, but I don't know what that would have been about. I don't think there was any scamming involved, just a trip up by not complying ahead of time with Lamont's rules for soliciting business on SL. [EDIT: Peter just wrote that he was trying to it all correctly.]

Merlot reports he is working with Lamont to clear up the mess and to become a site sponsor. I expect he'll be back before long. His product is too good to not be selling it here.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-12-2017 at 10:36 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default All I can say is.....

I hope they get it straightened out...cause it is a good product and would be a great help to many...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Russ did post about this very issue: all of the problems have been worked-out, and he's becoming a site sponsor!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Russ did post about this very issue: all of the problems have been worked-out, and he's becoming a site sponsor!
    I hope that's the case. Sounds like a great farkle

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Merlot has been trying to sign on as a sponsor since about last year, but hasn't been able to get any response to any of the multiple messages he's sent. He finally got a response just a day or so back after sending another a pm direct to Lamont, & with any luck I think he should be up & running as a sponsor quite soon; but it looks like that's when the threads were closed/posts removed etc. I know it's been very frustrating for him, because he's been trying to do the right thing from waaay back & sending message after message and not getting anything at all back until this last one...

But as I said, with any luck, it should be sorted soon. There has certainly been no lack of effort or intention on Merlot's part - possibly there's a glitch or a breakdown in the internal Forum processes here?
    I have not received any prior request to become a sponsor here. The first one I got was 2 days ago and I gave him my direct email and told him to contact me today (Monday). As of yet he has not contacted me.

I get request from vendors all the time and they don't seem to have a problem contacting me so I'm not sure why he has. Either way there are rules and guidelines clearly posted on this site for advertising. I hope he follows through but if he doesn't he can not post here to be fair to the supporting vendors.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orting-Vendors

Spyder Garage

Default must have been a mixup

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have not received any prior request to become a sponsor here. The first one I got was 2 days ago and I gave him my direct email and told him to contact me today (Monday). As of yet he has not contacted me.

I get request from vendors all the time and they don't seem to have a problem contacting me so I'm not sure why he has. Either way there are rules and guidelines clearly posted on this site for advertising. I hope he follows through but if he doesn't he can not post here to be fair to the supporting vendors.
    Perhaps it was just a simple mix-up on phone number or email or something simple. I know for a fact that I have called you on your cell and have never had a problem hooking up. I called you once with a question and you answered and helped me out,, at the time you were actually in California at an event! I thought you were at your shop!
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Perhaps it was just a simple mix-up on phone number or email or something simple.
    I'd say that's EXACTLY what it is, Stan. Knowing Lamont, Peter A and Merlot, they are not the kind of people who make up stories, so there has been a disconnect in email or PM addresses somewhere along the way. Looks like it's on the way to a resolution which is good news.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I might also add that not everyone that wants to be a vendor here is approved to be one. I have guidelines for that too and I want good quality products and vendors here.

Spyder Garage

He has contacted me today and has the pricing options. The ball is in his court now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    No guessing about it, he was. But he kind of got sucked in inadvertently. He said he really wasn't ready to start advertising for orders, but when people asked, he answered. The one thread was started by Doc Humphreys with a link to Merlot's web site, so Merlot jumped in and started answering some questions. The other was a question about what mirror mounting options were available and someone mentioned Merlot's Magic Mirrors. Lamont closed the threads and deleted Merlot's posts giving information about how to order the mounts. They are not shipping yet. Someone reported a PayPal problem when they tried to order the mounts, but I don't know what that would have been about. I don't think there was any scamming involved, just a trip up by not complying ahead of time with Lamont's rules for soliciting business on SL. [EDIT: Peter just wrote that he was trying to it all correctly.]

Merlot reports he is working with Lamont to clear up the mess and to become a site sponsor. I expect he'll be back before long. His product is too good to not be selling it here.
    thats exactly what happened

i respect this site and all the existing site sponsors and in future will not comment on the product until lamont gives me the go ahead
    suitably chastised

re paypal.....2 buyers have reported problems...my daughter says that website is not connected to paypal as such so could be the buyers account...i dont know

so far i have reversed 2 orders with refunds for buyers changing their mind for various reasons

thanks russ

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The reason I initially posted about these was due to the fact I saw them for the first time of Facebook. I try to read all the threads here, but evidently I missed this one. It was not my intention to cause any problems posting about these.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doc,
    You saw something that caught your eye: nothing at all wrong with that!
    It's getting sorted out, and soon: we'll hopefully have a new Site Sponsor on board!

Spyder Garage

Nice thread. Lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Nice thread. Lol
    nice coz you started it

just an update
    i have been accepted as a site sponsor
    i will now unashamedly push this concept

re postage time....I am waiting for bulk suppliers and their delivery times are out of my control
    best advice is delivery to me end of February so add another 10 days odd
    so I say mid March landed on your doorstep

i am hoping to market the magics stateside but cannot secure product distributors until I can send them a sample (obviously)and at present I don't have any
    the distributors will also carry spares so if you need a replacement part the downtime will be minimal as all parts will be stateside already
    if you feel the need to contact(happy to answer any questions esp on delivery time) then you can email through the website(best contact) www.magicmirrors.shop

the product does support charities.atm the McGrath foundation(breast cancer research) is a recipient of a percentage of all magics purchased through the website (my number plate is pink)

thanks for all support

russ
    Last edited by merlot; 02-15-2017 at 06:01 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, and now we can Officially welcome you to the Club!

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Russ!!

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Thanks for the Update! I'm excited to get mine!

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post
    nice coz you started it

just an update
    i have been accepted as a site sponsor
    i will now unashamedly push this concept

re postage time....I am waiting for bulk suppliers and their delivery times are out of my control
    best advice is delivery to me end of February so add another 10 days odd
    so I say mid March landed on your doorstep

i am hoping to market the magics stateside but cannot secure product distributors until I can send them a sample (obviously)and at present I don't have any
    the distributors will also carry spares so if you need a replacement part the downtime will be minimal as all parts will be stateside already
    if you feel the need to contact(happy to answer any questions esp on delivery time) then you can email through the website(best contact) www.magicmirrors.shop

the product does support charities.atm the McGrath foundation(breast cancer research) is a recipient of a percentage of all magics purchased through the website (my number plate is pink)

thanks for all support

russ
    2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB