Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Problem with reset odometer

Have a 2014 RT. Runs great but just discovered when refueled and reset the mileage...nothing worked. Could it be the switch or what. It has worked fine before. Any ideas

Spyder Garage

Default Trip A or Trip B

Which trio did you try to reset?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since you're new in here, and we've all got a lot to learn about each other: could you please tell us the procedure that you used to try and "zero" the tip odometer?

(I'm sorry to ask this: I'm actually hoping that it was a procedural error, since they're the easiest and cheapest to fix! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

also did you hold the button for a few seconds to reset?

Spyder Garage

Default Problem with reset

I had this problem this past season, it was operator error, when I reset the mileage I also hit the pause button, took me awhile to figure it out. You may have done the same thing.

Spyder Garage

^^ That's always a good one TCB (& Ralph) & can really cause some concern until you work out what you've done!! Aaargh, nothing's working! What've I broken!!

Another one that'll probably catch you out every now & then is when you go to reset Trip A & might even successfully achieve that, but on leaving the screen to go back to the main display you accidentally &/or without noticing switch across to Trip B - the UN-reset one!! That'll get you thinking for a while once you discover the still increasing miles despite your 'supposed reset'

Spyder Garage

What do you mean by "nothing's working"? When you select the Trip A or Trip B page, momentarily press the "V" key. Don't hold it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

My owners manual (2015 RT Limited) says to press the V key twice to reset the trip meters(s), A and B. but to get to that selectin you have to cycle thru the mode (eco) button to get to the odemeter Page. and you can only reset the trip meters, not the odometer.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

If you are trying to reset the actual odometer (total mileage on the bike), it cannot be done. Only the trip odometers.

Spyder Garage

I have a feeling I know what the OP is asking. I too reset my trip odometer at each fill-up. I think it's a great habit for keeping an eye on the condition of your machine. (Any serious deviation from normal mileage and something's wrong). Sometimes the reset just does not want to play nice. Other times it resets on the first push of the button. I have a 15 RTL. I have not been able to isolate a problem yet.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Maybe JetFixer, but it seems he's not interested in finding out?!?

I really don't know why people bother posting a question & then ignoring all the responses? Seems to be a bit of an odd thing to do, to me anyway?? And he has been back on the Forum since posting it up too - his last visit here was yesterday.... You'da thought he'd look in on the thread he started and maybe reply, possibly even give us some of the additional info requested, but at least say thanks to the people who have made the effort to try & help him??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Maybe JetFixer, but it seems he's not interested in finding out?!?

I really don't know why people bother posting a question & then ignoring all the responses? Seems to be a bit of an odd thing to do, to me anyway?? And he has been back on the Forum since posting it up too - his last visit here was yesterday.... You'da thought he'd look in on the thread he started and maybe reply, possibly even give us some of the additional info requested, but at least say thanks to the people who have made the effort to try & help him??
    To add to this, when you do get an answer to your question, how about coming back and letting us know
    We can all learn a little something.

I answer peoples questions in the chatroom ALL the time, not that I know the answers, but I can link to where they need to read their answer to their question, only to check and see they never check back. Usually new people who don't know how or where to post in a forum. However I do give props to those that start a thread, cuz they will get many more educated answers.

Blows my mind that spyderlovers won't put info in there bios not like there street address, but come on city and state and what model and year Spyder you have.

Most of the original riders here do or did , but for the 2- 3 people that sign up each day, nah, they will have a Facebook that is far more intrusive than here.

Ok, got my ranting out of the way....have a nice day