Spyder Garage

Default Wow, no eco mode?

If you see this video than the 2017 did not have an eco mode. Is that actually true?

Spyder Garage

Default sport mode

He is talking about the sport mode which disables the traction control to some degree. The question I would ask, does the high priced Akrapovic exhaust really improve the performance.
    Last edited by Doug; 02-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PERFORMANCE ????

Ask anyone who just put a louder pipe on their bike and they will all swear it's much faster .... But if you put it on a Dyno most will actually show a loss .... Mike

Spyder Garage

No ECO mode?

They talked about "nanny" and "sport mode." Neither of the two functions have anything to do with ECO mode.

The "nanny" keeps the bike under control in situations where the computer says it is going to go out of control.

The "sport mode" lessens the grip of the "nanny" to allow it to break traction with the back wheel, etc.

ECO mode, if activated, lights up and gives you a suggestion on when to shift up to be more economical as far as gas mileage (supposedly).

I am guessing that ECO is still a part of the package, but it is another option for the driver. IMO--who wants an economy mode on a "race" bike?

RE: muffler, he kind of brushed over that one. About $970 and yes, the performance is better. Got any proof? And, I'm not from Missouri. It sounds good though. For my $970, I would hold off just for a louder sound--even if it is cool.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

C'mon...
    Which one would you really rather have?
    "Eco Mode"
    or
    "Hooligan Mode"

Hooligans Wanted.jpg

It's a no-brainer for me!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-11-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    C'mon...
    Which one would you really rather have?
    "Eco Mode"
    or
    "Hooligan Mode"

Hooligans Wanted.jpg

It's a no-brainer for me!
    As you know, I am NOT a fan of ECO mode. The Sport mode is definitely a better choice. I was just addressing the subject in light of the OP of the thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Okay, so the Can-am Spyder 2016 start up: "Turn the ignition ON" -->"Turn OFF the kill switch" --> Press "E" mode --> than start engine. With the video that I watch for the Can-am Spyder 2017: Turn the ignition ON --> Start Engine

My curiosity is this only for the 2017 or the the Daytona Spider? And as for reference: go to video --> 1:33 check it out

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Okay, so the Can-am Spyder 2016 start up: "Turn the ignition ON" -->"Turn OFF the kill switch" --> Press "E" mode --> than start engine. With the video that I watch for the Can-am Spyder 2017: Turn the ignition ON --> Start Engine

My curiosity is this only for the 2017 or the the Daytona Spider? And as for reference: go to video --> 1:33 check it out
    The "mode" and "eco mode" buttons are one and the same. A short push to tell the you have read the rules of the road is required. A longer push, three seconds or more activates the "eco mode" and a green leaf will come up on the dash as well as instructing you when to upshift. I am guessing this is still on the Daytona version. De-activating "eco mode" also takes about a three second push of the "mode" button. I note there is an instant start at 1:33. Now I am not sure if the Daytona has the "eco" feature.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-12-2017 at 03:19 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I note there is an instant start at 1:33. Now I am not sure if the Daytona has the "eco" feature.
    I thought I read the the F3 has a 5 minute grace period that you don't have the hit the ECO button if you stall it or accidently hit the kill switch. Just push on the brake and hit the start button. Only had mine for a few weeks and only have a few hours on it.
    2016 F3 Spyder Limited SE6
    2005 Honda ST1300 ABS

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gully View Post
    I thought I read the the F3 has a 5 minute grace period that you don't have the hit the ECO button if you stall it or accidentally hit the kill switch. Just push on the brake and hit the start button. Only had mine for a few weeks and only have a few hours on it.
    Any of the Spyders can be instantly restarted if stalled or if the kill switch is used. Additionaly, they can be restarted within a few minutes even if turn off by the ignition switch.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never use Eco mode, don't care for it.

Spyder Garage

Didn't Lamont tell us the Daytona still had Eco mode in his first Daytona review?? It still uses the same button, just needs a different length of press to access Eco mode vs Sport Mode.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jeff (husband) has the Daytona.
    Yes it has Eco mode.
    Yes it has silly-buggr mode.
    yes he loves it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda
    Never use Eco mode, don't care for it.
    The wife has only a few hours riding on her Spyder and has never driven a motorcycle. The last time we were out riding, we were trying to turn it on for her. Going to try and enable it tommorrow on our next ride.
    I feel it's a good item to have while your learning to ride if you've never driven a standard before.
    2016 F3 Spyder Limited SE6
    2005 Honda ST1300 ABS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Jeff (husband) has the Daytona.
    Yes it has Eco mode.
    Yes it has silly-buggr mode.
    yes he loves it.

"silly-buggr" Mode?

That's the best description that I've heard of it!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black