Spyder Garage

Default BRP VENTS UNDER MIRRORS

Well my BRP vents came today. wow what a pile of plastic and no directions. This is going to be fun.
    I found a couple metal strips I'm not sure about yet. Not sure what I expected LOL but that wasn't it.
    you would think they would have some directions.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Dennis elliott;1224563]Well my BRP vents came today. wow what a pile of plastic and no directions. This is going to be fun.
    I found a couple metal strips I'm not sure about yet. Not sure what I expected LOL but that wasn't it.

Go to www.instructions.brp.com and put the part # in and the instructions should be there online for you.

This works for most BRP parts

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Look up a post by Doc Riverside, he has a great set of instruction with pictures of how he did it, and we did mine in my garage in a couple of hours.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it....

if those are the heat related panels the metal parts are additional support that go on the frame behinde the new panels. But like mentioned above there are sites and videos available to help you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The metal straps replace the acoustic panels that are removed to allow the scoops to put air in the engine compartment.
    The acoustic panels also provide structural connectivity so you cannot just remove them.
    Thus the straps are put there in the acoustic panels place.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis elliott View Post
    Well my BRP vents came today. wow what a pile of plastic and no directions. This is going to be fun.
    When I first read this I was thinking you meant the BRP air deflectors, but now I realize you're asking about the air scoops. The reason there are no instructions with the kit is because the kit was designed for the heat recall of the 2013 RTs. The instructions were sent to the dealer as part of the recall notice and included instructions about changes to the fuel evaporative system.

Have you found the instructions yet? If not let me know and send me your email address via PM. I'll send you the PDF.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default thx

[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;1224572]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis elliott View Post

Go to www.instructions.brp.com and put the part # in and the instructions should be there online for you.

This works for most BRP parts

Cruzr Joe
    Thanks Joe I checked it and save it. but they have nothing about the vents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    When I first read this I was thinking you meant the BRP air deflectors, but now I realize you're asking about the air scoops. The reason there are no instructions with the kit is because the kit was designed for the heat recall of the 2013 RTs. The instructions were sent to the dealer as part of the recall notice and included instructions about changes to the fuel evaporative system.

Have you found the instructions yet? If not let me know and send me your email address via PM. I'll send you the PDF.
    There are actually two kits. One for the 2013 recall which includes many other parts like a new EVAP system.
    The other kit is the scoops only (and straps). It was a "goodwill" kit for 2010-2012 for people complaining of heat.
    Some dealers will install the scoops free and some will not. Not sure why that is but that is the story.

I also have the instructions on the Spyder Self Service & Technical Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1445488259092204/

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Think about painting them before you put them on. Much easier than taking the Tupperware off putting the scoops on, putting all the tupperware back on , then taking the Tupperware back off, removing the scoops, painting them, reinstalling them, then reinstalling the Tupperware. Here's how mine came out.

20160927_140527.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Did you contact Doc Riverside? He is a member of the forum and has a great post with all the information.

David

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=Riverside

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Default scoops

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

Yes Doc Riverside sent me and email with the instrucions