Spyder Garage

Default helppppppp kewlmetal filter removal

Can someone tell me the steps to remove filter? I removed the top bolt but the top not coming off. What am I missing? Or has the heat made it stick?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    Can someone tell me the steps to remove filter? I removed the top bolt but the top not coming off. What am I missing? Or has the heat made it stick?
    If you are trying to remove the air filter box then look at the second video. Goes through the entire process of removing the air filter box.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...pdated-Version

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Kewlmetal system is the same as the JT's. You have a top nut then a top plate...the filter and the bottom plate. Typically removing the top nut should allow you to remove the top plate. It may be stuck wiggle it side to side up and down and see if it comes loose. Some times they put an o-ring in there that may now be like glue. That threaded bolt also threads into the bottom plate so if the top plate is really stuck you can spin it and get it loose enough to remove to hear filter. You may not clear to hehe backbone (top of the hehe frame). Hope it's just a little stuck....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black