Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default lack of belt vibration

I've had my 2012 rts to 91 mph. never have experienced the bad belt vibration everyone seems to be having trubs with. is my machine a mutant, or am I just missing the vibes when it happens?

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No, it is possible that you don't have the vibration on the RT, but on this site there are so many inquiries about it one is lead to believe that there are. Of course it is possible that you are just missing it as well. On the RT, I believe that the complaint is about 50 to 60 MPH, I cannot tell you, because my 2013 does not have it either, but then what do I know, there are some on here that would say I am not honest about that because "ALL of the 2013 RT's catch fire" and hundreds of people have had to jump from the moving bike just seconds prior to the explosion.

From what I have heard the F3 is a different matter.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you really want some: I'll be happy to share mine!
    Buckeye's right: not every bike has it, and not every bike is affected in the same manner...
    You got a good one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I've had my 2012 rts to 91 mph. never have experienced the bad belt vibration everyone seems to be having trubs with. is my machine a mutant, or am I just missing the vibes when it happens?
    Belt tension plays a role in the magnitude and RPM range of belt vibration as well. Last year or the year before, BRP actually sent out a memo to dealers recommending lowering the belt tension to try to reduce it in problem machines. This has worked for a number of folks. In other words, when it comes to belt tension, tighter is not always better. I run mine low in the band and just have a minor vibe around 73 MPH. So, you may be in a sweet spot on tension and your machine may not be as prone to vibes as others. Enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 02-08-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

How fast do you get to 91mph...?you may blow right by them or like me are just not bothered by them. Having riden machines that will vibrate the fillings out of your teeth these machines are quite smooth. I did add a tensioner more for belt slap, some vibration there, than anything and harmonics your just stuck with..Don't feel guilty or special ryde and enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black