Spyder Garage

Default 2011 adding LEDs

I have LEDs to put on the mirrors and looking at Spyderpopps Bright Fear lighting Kit, Now I see I may have a problem as in Hyperflash, Anyone that has had them on a 2011 did you have a problem and what is the fix if any
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

Type resistor in search and that will get you started. I had to put one in my 2013.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Smile Signal mirrors and LEDs

I installed signal mirrors on my "14 RTS and even though I tried the button holding method of of stopping the hyper flash , it didn't hold. I put in resistors and never looked back.

HYPERFLASH causes::::::::::::::::: Kaos

PS: button holding method is only for 14 and newer.
    Last edited by Lew L; 02-07-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: PS
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

I added turn signal LED's and additional brake LED's and wired them to the corresponding wiring in the harness and never had an issue with the hyperflashing. As long as the system has the standard working bulbs in line you will not have a problem. If you change all the bulbs to LED then you will have issues.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I added turn signal LED's and additional brake LED's and wired them to the corresponding wiring in the harness and never had an issue with the hyperflashing. As long as the system has the standard working bulbs in line you will not have a problem. If you change all the bulbs to LED then you will have issues.
    Thanks for the input
    I have spent two days trying to search for the information about the extra LEDs on the 2011 I see you have a 2012 listed so it should be the same system, Now comes the fun in removing all the panels but oh will we got more snow today to ad to what we have had for 2+ month so looks like i have time
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Spyder Garage

Default Update

So far so good installed the LEDs under the mirrors, At first I had a flashing problem (Two fast and 0ne normal) then it settled out to flashing normal. Now to the back for the next step,
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID