Spyder Garage

Unhappy Throttlemeister won't release

I purchased a Throttlemeister for my 2011 Spyder. It worked OK. Then I purchased a Rivco Bar Riser. I had to buy a diffierent stem for the Throttlemeister because the replacement bars from Rivco are thicker than OEM. But now as soon as I put the friction ring on under the bar grip the throttle stops springing closed. Before I even put the stem and nut in place. Throttlemeister doesn't seem to want to respond to my email. Anyone else have an Idea?

Spyder Garage

Got any pics?? I had a similar throttle control device do this to me years ago, well before the internet was around to ask for help or show the world how I'd messed up, but I still felt just a little embarrassed when I found out I'd messed up the change-over & had just one part fitted backwards - basically causing all my issues myself!

A pic may help us identify if there's anything wrong, but we'll try not to be too judgemental.

Spyder Garage

Default Fixed it

Well I just kept fooling with it. I trimmed off a little of the friction sleeve. I shorted it up about 1/8". Now it works great. So maybe I didn't trim the throttle ridges back far enough. Odd that it worked before the mod but not after. Oh Well! In my book a wins a win. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on getting it all figured out yourself!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

interesting, i have had mine on since basically new and never had any issues. Tried it before riding on the highway and all seem'd fine, now if I could only figure out how to go the other way after getting it working, and staying on longer. The road vibrations and whatever loosen it off. Oh well still a Godsend tho, no matter how you look at it.