Thread: Park Passess

Spyder Garage

Default Park Passess

Out of curiosity how do you all deal with displaying park passes on your spyders. In Idaho they are stickers for state parks, My National Access pass goes in my wallet and I get a yearly sticker to display on the bike. When I was in South Dakota I got a day use pass good for a week that was a sticker. In Checking with the CA Dept of state parks it was so confusing and outlandish prices and permits were good for certain areas and not others. Maybe folks from Different states could chime in especially from areas from South Dakota Westward, would hate to have the bike covered in stickers, and hangtags don't work on a bike.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Being a senior in age, I bought a lifetime pass which allows me to enter all the National Parks free. I just paid a one time fee, which I think was $50.00 and the card fits right in my wallet. When I know I'm going to be using it I usually put it in the glove box of my Spyder for easy access.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Same here with the Senior National Parks Pass.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-06-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I got the senior national parks lifetime card a few years ago. It was $10.00, and I have used it several times. Luckily, there was a park ranger at the entrance booth each time I used it. I would just hold it up & get waved in, didn't even have to stop. Now, here's the rub. You can get a motorcycle decal, but you have to buy one every year for (I think) $20.00, and I believe - but am not sure - that it is by calendar year. They are not lifetime as the cards are, which is a bit of a PITA, but unfortunately, that's just the way it is.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I avoid state parks in NV because they are so expensive. I gave National Park pass too. In SD they had a wristband type pass that they attached around the hand grip. It was only good for one week so you'd just cut it off.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

As not to mess up the windshield, I take some clear box tape and fold over a small part of one end. I apply this to the left wind deflector. I put stickers on the tape. When entering a place, I point to the sticker that is required.

For the National Parks I have the Access Pass which is free to any age. I saved the $10 on the senior pass. For the GA State Parks mirror pass, I photo copied my pass with a blue border around it. I keep the original pass in my truck. The copy I sealed in clear box tape. I will clip it to the top of my windshield when parked. GA State Parks don't offer a sticker for motorcycles. They want you to stop at the office, show them your annual pass and then they will give you a paper pass for your motorcycle. What a PITA having to stop and go thru all that!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could you display them the way I display my Handicapped Parking sticker?

The Tag 001.jpg

First: get yourself some Lidlox...
    Mount your stickers in a piece of clear plastic, and put a keyring on it.

Easy-Peasy!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Canada Park Pass

As an a side to this thread, all National Parks in Canada are free to enter for the 2017 season, this is because we are 150 years old, you have to still get a pass, here is the link, they will mail it to you. enjoy Canada!

http://www.commandesparcs-parksorders.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/parksb2c

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I got the senior national parks lifetime card a few years ago. It was $10.00, and I have used it several times. Luckily, there was a park ranger at the entrance booth each time I used it. I would just hold it up & get waved in, didn't even have to stop. Now, here's the rub. You can get a motorcycle decal, but you have to buy one every year for (I think) $20.00, and I believe - but am not sure - that it is by calendar year. They are not lifetime as the cards are, which is a bit of a PITA, but unfortunately, that's just the way it is.
    I get the sticker every year and it is free. I actually drive through a national park every day so it isn't even out of the way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    As not to mess up the windshield, I take some clear box tape and fold over a small part of one end. I apply this to the left wind deflector. I put stickers on the tape. When entering a place, I point to the sticker that is required.

For the National Parks I have the Access Pass which is free to any age. I saved the $10 on the senior pass. For the GA State Parks mirror pass, I photo copied my pass with a blue border around it. I keep the original pass in my truck. The copy I sealed in clear box tape. I will clip it to the top of my windshield when parked. GA State Parks don't offer a sticker for motorcycles. They want you to stop at the office, show them your annual pass and then they will give you a paper pass for your motorcycle. What a PITA having to stop and go thru all that!

Same here. Copied the pass, used tape to seal it up and leave it in the glove box until needed. Clip it to the windshield. GA is a pain the in butt.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird