MelloYelloSpyder

Default Shoot me if you want....My first Harley

13680636_10209872436111331_8966564058399015688_n.jpg16463717_10155011042737351_4914214394830328720_o.jpg
    Well I have wanted one for as long as I can remember. I bad mouthed them and the dealers but my wife and I started looking some time ago and finally pulled the trigger on this new to us 2005 Road King Custom. The previous owner took great care of the bike and added all sorts of extras to it. We signed the paperwork on Saturday and now we just need spring to get here in Michigan so I can bring it home. The Spyder is going into storage until I can get it sold. I gave it a go for two years but it just isn't my thing. Hopefully we can sell it soon. I am upside down on what I owe versus kbb on it but I am not looking to make anything on it. We are going to put storage insurance on it and keep it running and on a tender. I will get it out every so often and run it up and down the street to keep the "cobwebs" out of it. I got a great deal on this Road King and just couldn't pass it up. Only has 23K miles on it.

Pictured is the Spyder for sale and my wife and I with the Road King....

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations. ...🎉🎊🎖

No one will shoot you and I hope the Harley is everything you dreamed it would be....It is an expensive way to find out if it is not... hope you at least rented one for a extended ride. Congrats on the new ride and hope spring springs soon so you can get out there and see what you have....be safe out there.....I will still wave....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MelloYelloSpyder;1223642]13680636_10209872436111331_8966564058399015688_n.jpg16463717_10155011042737351_4914214394830328720_o.jpg
    Well I have wanted one for as long as I can remember. I bad mouthed them and the dealers but my wife and I started looking some time ago and finally pulled the trigger on this new to us 2005 Road King Custom. The previous owner took great care of the bike and added all sorts of extras to it. We signed the paperwork on Saturday and now we just need spring to get here in Michigan so I can bring it home. The Spyder is going into storage until I can get it sold. I gave it a go for two years but it just isn't my thing. Hopefully we can sell it soon. I am upside down on what I owe versus kbb on it but I am not looking to make anything on it. We are going to put storage insurance on it and keep it running and on a tender. I will get it out every so often and run it up and down the street to keep the "cobwebs" out of it. I got a great deal on this Road King and just couldn't pass it up. Only has 23K miles on it.

Pictured is the Spyder for sale and my wife and I with the Road King....[/QUOTENo shooting from me. I've owned five Harleys including a Tri-Glide between my two Spyders and I loved them all. The only reason I got rid of the Tri-Glide is it became too painful to operate the clutch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That bike is a real BEAUTY!!
    Here's to lots of "Miles & Smiles" with it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No bad vibes from me. All rides are good. 's are not for everyone.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

You have the right to do what you want to do. I have a Honda Valkyrie and a RTS and I ride with the local HOG chapter. Go figure!
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SELLING YOUR SPYDER

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYelloSpyder View Post
    13680636_10209872436111331_8966564058399015688_n.jpg16463717_10155011042737351_4914214394830328720_o.jpg

Pictured is the Spyder for sale and my wife and I with the Road King....
    Do yourself a big financial favor .... that Spyder is losing value every day ..... sell it ASAP ..... just trying to help you with this ...... best of luck .......... Mike

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Do yourself a big financial favor .... that Spyder is losing value every day ..... sell it ASAP ..... just trying to help you with this ...... best of luck .......... Mike
    I have it listed everywhere I can think of....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you listed it here on SL?

on your "new" Harley!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Hope you put on lots of miles, and get lots of pleasure from your new ride. I really don't think it matters what you ride, as log as you do!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

good luck, i have always wanted one, but for some reason, i never felt right sitting on the bikes
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYelloSpyder View Post
    I have it listed everywhere I can think of....
    Listed on here, local Craigslist, and CycleTrader. Might have to list it on ebay

Spyder Garage

Default wow AND wow

move the cycle and lets get a look ! {sorry brother , just giving ya the bizz a littlebit , meant no bad feelings } and W O W man that is a nice looking Harley , I have really been slobbering over the street glides , when we went too pick up our 2012 spyder , they had a few Harleys on the floor with great prices , which I almost went nutz , and tried too get 2 bikes that day ...... I do have a smaller bike , but I am looking for a state too state cycle , along with the spyder ! give us some updates on the rides ,,,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default keep them both

you ride the king and she can ride the spyder works good for us

Spyder Garage

No one will shoot you hear, we love bikes. Have fun
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Don't forget to put your feet down when you stop

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The Road King is one of the best bikes Harley has. Our last one took us 155,000 miles and was the first bike that took us to Alaska and back all in 7 years.
    So On a very fine looking bike!
    Here's to many miles of smiles .
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

If any of cared about what others thought about our motorcycle choices, no one would ride. Some like Harley's, others don't. Same can be said about any brand and any type (touring, cruiser, standard, dual purpose, sportbike, trike, scooter, auto-cycle, etc.). The only opinion that matter are yours and your wife's. Ride what makes you happy and be safe.

I have friends that ride Harley-Davidson Street Glides and Ultra Classics, Honda Goldwings, Kawasaki Vaquero, Suzuki GSXR and a Polaris Slingshot. As you can see in my profile pic, I own a Can Am Spyder RTL, Yamaha 1100 Custom and Kawasaki Ninja. Needless to say we look like a bunch of misfits when we go on a group ride but at the end of the day we all enjoy each others company and riding together.

Enjoy putting miles on your new bike.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Default Road King

Great bike. Enjoy it!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Great bike. Enjoy it!
    Ditto. Had a chance to sit on one at the NY Motorcycle show. They are nice bikes.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default Shoot me if you want....My first Harley Your Message

BANG< BANG.......damn your still standing! Trust me... I shoot once / twice a week and I wouldn't miss. I missed because I've always said who gives a **** what your riding, your at least riding! Congrats and enjoy, most my family are Harley riders now............safe riding!
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i recently went the way of the indian but still have, love & ride my spyder, nothing will change that. indian is daily & spyder
    is weekend & trips.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    No one will shoot you hear, we love bikes. Have fun
    It's not what you ride: it's that you ride!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's not what you ride: it's that you ride!

+1
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I went the other way, sold my Harleys, bought an RTL. Decided I didn't like it, sold it bought a 2014 left over Honda CB1100, love it. Enjoy the Harley. Ride what you want to ride. If you change your mind try something else.