Spyder Garage

Default Which sponsor has them?

I have decided to replace the gas and temp gauges with a dual usb for the gas gauge and a voltmeter for the temp guage. Do any of our site sponsers have these items complete where I could pop one out and place the new item in? Trying to give our sponsors my money before looking elsewhere!
    Last edited by TheCajun1957; 02-05-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I know JT's machine shop has the dual USB output that you are looking for. Not sure about the voltmeter. I bought my voltmeter on Ebay.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I am now installing a similar setup in my '14 RT, the plain vanilla RT that has no meters to replace. I'm installing the USB connector and a 12VDC cigarette lighter for power hungry accessories, my Gerbing heated gear and Veskimo cooling vest in particular. As for the things you want, check JT's Spyder Store http://spyderstore.com/ I got their Dash Power adapters and the wiring harness but soldered and shrink tube wrapped an additional 6" to make it work for me. Yes, it is technically length correct but there's zero slack. What made my install fairly simple was I had the headlights completely removed so that I could install the Lamonster Garage LED kick ass bright headlight units. As with everything you do on a Spyder, tupperware has to come off. That is actually easy. Several excellent videos, especially from a gent in Australia, show you how to open up your beauty. My FIRST suggestion would be to have ziplock sandwich baggies handy. Put the screws from each section in a bag and label it. Suppose your project gets delayed. Are you going to remember just which bag contains which set of screws a couple of weeks later?. Pay attention to the screw length. Maybe phone photo where the short screw goes. If you don't have the headlights out, you'll need a solid 12 gauge wire to pull the wires. Gonna be tricky to fish through the frame and other bits and this is something you need to learn as you go. Just tedious, not brain surgery. Just make sure no small children are in the garage as you maneuver the pull wire. BRIGHT lights help. I asked my local dealer about the task and he said, 'just use the wires that are already there.' But to find out which wires, I'd have to pay. I've watched some videos on the Youtube site and learned that where the gauges were to be installed but were not, black with purple is negative and orange with red is positive. Whether the amp load is adequate I don't know. I'd expect for the 5v 2.1 amp side for the USB connector it is. But for the 12VDC 'cigarette lighter', if you want to run Gerbing jacket/pants connector or anything else that uses more amperage, I'd guess you'd need to go directly to the battery with a heavier wire. I'm sure somebody already knows the truth of this situation and will share. For me, I went direct to battery and didn't use the existing wiring. How you do it is of course your call. But getting things into the open is a lot easier. Here's a video that will help. With the tupperware removed, it is a great time to replace your air filter or clean and re oil your K&N filter.
    Last edited by ricford; 02-05-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has both, but they may not be on his website, five him a call 501 627-4008

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Its done!!

I got the volt meter from Spyderpops and the USB outlet and adaptor plate from JT. If you decide to change out the gauges and order your usb or cig outlet from JT, I strongly recommend adding 2 ea. of the ground adaptors, one for each side of the dash, mades it so much easier to apply a ground to what ever you wish to install.
    2018 White F3 Limited