Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder event in East TN

The big news that I hinted at last year, well here it is:

EAST TN ATV, will be hosting its first ever Spyder Rally this summer!!!

EAST TN SPYDER OWNERS RALLY will be held on June 23, 24, & 25, 2017 at EAST TN ATV 106 Clay Little Rd Elizabethton, TN 37643.

Doors open: Friday 9am-6pm
    Saturday: 9am-8pm
    Sunday: 9am-5pm

THE RIDES:
    We will have guided tours each day. The rides will take no more than 4 hours out and back. We are lucky to be right at the foot (TN side) of THE SNAKE (Stoney Creek, TN to Shady Valley, TN to Mountain City, TN).

The Roan Mountain Loop has got to be one of my favorites due to the beautiful mountain vistas. We will top the Bald and head into North Carolina for back roads riding at its best.

The Pink Loop is miles and miles of scenic lakes, mountains, and cozy little towns by Watauga Lake, Butler, TN, Boone, NC, and Elk Park, NC.
    (We will have stops along the way for food and gas and maybe a little shopping)

We will also provide some other destinations of interest that you can enjoy on your own. Elizabethton and the surrounding Tri-Cities area is blessed with history. Home of the Cherokee for thousands of years and much of our culture comes from their ways along with the Scotch-Irish and German. Lots of historical points of interest to check out.

THE DATES:
    Friday the 23rd: gates will open at 9am. Come inside to check in and be ready to ride at 10am. Of course bring your wet weather gear in case of rain.

Saturday the 24th: FUN DAY!! If you haven’t checked in, please come inside before leaving on the ride. The day ride will start at 10am. Food will be served from 5pm to 7pm. Smokehouse BBQ will be catering. You will be provided with one sandwich, cole slaw and baked beans. A live band will also be here to provide music while we eat.

Sunday the 25th: we will leave for our ride at 9am. After the ride come hang out and rest before the ride home. We will be winding down at 5pm.

There will be daily door prizes!!!

Mechanics will be on site for Friday and Saturday.

Lamont Bryden from Lamonster Garage from Spyderlovers forum will be here as a BRP rep. If you don’t know Lamont, you need to meet him. I don’t know if there isn’t anything he doesn’t know about Spyder.
    Check out Lamont on his forum : www.spyderlovers.com and
    www.lamonstergarage.com

I am in talks with vendors as of this post and as I confirm those vendors I will edit with ones that will be attending.

You will need to register by May 20, 2017. Registration fee is $40.00 per person for all 3 days. That provides you with the meal and music on Saturday and a goodie bag. I will post more on the contents of the goodie bag as they come in.
    You can call the shop Tuesday-Friday from 8am-5pm and on Saturday from 9am-3pm to register over the phone 423-542-6109. Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express is accepted. You can also come by the shop and pay with cash on 106 Clay Little Rd Elizabethton, TN 37643 at the same times mentioned above. You can also send a check or money order by mail at the address mentioned.
    We will need to know the name, address, email and phone of each participant that will be in attendance for the rides and music/dinner.
    You will need to check in to get your pass for the rides and your meal ticket. You can do that inside the dealership. Just ask for Angie, I’m the one with the smiling face

ALL TYPES OF MOTORCYCLES ARE WELCOME!!

We look forward to seeing our old friends and meeting lots of new ones. Please don’t hesitate to call or email me with any questions. I hope to see you at the 1st Annual East TN Spyder Owners Rally 2017
    Contact info: East TN ATV 423-542-6109, email for Angie Walsh angie@easttnatv.com
    Facebook: East Tennessee ATV

Eddie, Pat and Jason Clawson, Owners
    Amber Clawson, Parts and Service Manager
    Angie Walsh, Sales and Finance

Vendors that have confirmed or will have a booth at the event:
    Joc's Leather Goods

If you are traveling and need a place to stay, we have some beautiful cabins, campgrounds, and B&B's to choose from. I have listed a few here along with a couple of hotels that you can call to reserve a room. I will give you a heads up that the month of June is a busy time of year for our area with lots of things to do in the surrounding counties. I would book as soon as you know you will be attending.

Campgrounds/cabins:
    Roan Mountain State Park
    http://tnstateparks.com/parks/cabins/roan-mountain

Roan Moutain Bed and Breakfast
    https://www.roanmtbb.com/

Mountain Harbour Bed & Breakfast and Hiker Hostel
    http://www.mountainharbour.net/

Captain's Table/Lakeshore Resort at Watauga Lake
    http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/

Brookside Mountain Cottages
    www.brooksidemountaincottages.com

Hotels:
    Double Tree Hotel in Johnson City, TN
    http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/tennessee/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-johnson-city-TRIDTDT/index.html

Holdiay Inn Johnson City, TN
    https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/johnson-city/jncws/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-USA-_-JNCWS

There is
    one 2 star hotel in Elizabethton that is 1/2 mile away from out location.
    Americourt Hotel in Elizabethton, TN
    888-347-2319

LOCAL INFO:
    Carter County Tourism
    http://www.tourcartercounty.com/

Spyder Garage

See you there
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool beans, one within a days ride! same dates as Thunder in The Valley but think I would rather ride on down to Tn.

Spyder Garage

This could be another Spyderfest. Good dealer and great riding

Spyder Garage

Great news! This is the best dealership in Tennessee. Looking forward to some good rides, best BBQ and great fellowship. There is even a drive in movie theater down the street if you might want to take in a movie on your spyder under the stars.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Count Roadster Renovations in also. That is practically our backyard.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After the Homecoming this year, and Americade the following weekend: I'll have to just pencil this one in for 2018.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm in. Right at 400 miles for me. I'm going to miss spyderquest due to leaving for Korea and I can make this ride in a day. Looking forward to it! Booked at the Courtyard in Johnson City.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 02-03-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

The events keep growing now they just need to start spreading.... out this way....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I'm in. Right at 400 miles for me. I'm going to miss spyderquest due to leaving for Korea and I can make this ride in a day. Looking forward to it! Booked at the Courtyard in Johnson City.
    I can do it in one (very long) day also.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    I can do it in one (very long) day also.
    Sounds good. Sounds like it will be fun event. I want to check out this new Sena app. If you're ever available to try it let me know. Says you can talk to anyone, anywhere.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I'll add the new spyder event to my bucket list for 2018.

yea, it is great to hear about the New spyder event.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up TN Spyder Rally

Hey East Coast Posse Members. I'm in.
    This is within 400 miles for me too.
    Will be a great ride down from Pittsburgh.
    See you there.
    Cheers, David C.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Hey East Coast Posse Members. I'm in.
    This is within 400 miles for me too.
    Will be a great ride down from Pittsburgh.
    See you there.
    Cheers, David C.
    333 miles from here. wife is applying for the time off in a couple days. when that is approved i'll reserve our room. we're going down on the 22nd and coming back on the 26th. I don't care much for riding interstate highways but it is pretty much a straight shot from here in Morgantown.

Spyder Garage

Smile A day trip for me!

Can be there in about 2 1/2 hours! Looking forward to it.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow! I wish I had known about this a little earlier. I will be in Staunton, Va. for the M109 mid atlantic meet from 6/21-6/25. I might have to see how far from Staunton this place is and ride down for one day. I love the riding in this area. We used to do day trips there from Raleigh, NC. I especially like "The Snake". I just hope they have repaved part of it. 2 years ago it was getting pretty bad.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Talking UPDATE ON HOST HOTEL FOR THE EVENT

Thank you, Lamont for mentioning our Rally.
    We look forward to getting to hang out with you for a few days.

For all who are going to come, I finally found us a Host Hotel in Johnson City.
    Johnson City is about 25 mins from our dealership and where the Rally will be.

Here is the info if you need a room.
    They have reserved us a block of 19 rooms but if I need more they can up that to what I need.
    Make sure when you call to reserve your room that you sign up under the block code.
    The name it's under is
    EAST TN SPYDER OWNERS RALLY
    You have until May 23rd to book your room in order to get the discounted price

Here is the link to our facebook page, just click on Event on the left of the page for all the details of the Rally
    https://www.facebook.com/easttnatv/

Hope to see all of the Spyder Lovers there!!
    Angie

HOSTHOTEL:
    Red Roof Inn Johnson City
    ( property 208 )
    210 Broyles Drive
    Johnson City, TN 37601

To make your reservation please call
    800-733-7663
    Please mention block code
    B208EASTTN

You can choose between Standard 2 Full beds
    2 adults
    $63.74 per night plus tax

Standard King
    2 adults
    $59.49 per night plus tax

Check-in June 23rd
    Check-out June 25th

Last edited by Easttndealer; 02-04-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

Wink Thinking of Joining

Last year I had to cancel Spyderfest and still wanting to do a ride in that direction. This ride is much better for me since I have limited time off work and this is mostly over the weekend and only 10 hours of riding out to the location and its also in warmer weather

Spyder Garage

Since it is only 1 hour from us and it's being hosted by our dealer, we will be there! Great people to host it!

Spyder Garage

Wow, an event almost in the back yard! Dealer is 35 miles door to door, I will be there!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Thanks for joining the fun.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you!

Just want to say thank you to all who have shown interest in coming the rally.
    The cut off date to register with me (Angie) at the dealer is May 20th.
    Cut off for the host hotel is May 23rd.
    I need a month to make sure I have given enough time for the caterer and the tee shirt provider to have time to get everything together.

Again, thanks to all and I can't wait to meet all the new friends and catch up with the our old friends.
    Angie
    East TN ATV

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This will be our first actual vacation in 43 years! looking forward to it. providing it's not pouring down rain, we're riding out of Morgantown on the 22nd just a fuzz after daybreak. taking I-79 down to RT-19 at Sutton Wv to get me in the general area that evening. staying til the 26th.

Spyder Garage

Default East Coast

Remember all those good looking guys from the East Coast that rode to Spyderfest last year? Four members of the original East Coast Posse will be attending this event; arguably the four better looking. We are meeting up at the base of Skyline Drive on Wednesday afternoon and stopping for the evening in Waynesboro, VA. Thursday morning we are taking the Blue Ridge Parkway to 421 and heading West. Having dinner Wednesday evening at the Outback in Waynesboro. Anyone in the area is invited to ride with us or link up along the way. PM me if interested.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I hope everyone who can will come and support this event. This is a great dealership in East Tennessee and they are doing all they can to promote and support the Spyder. The riding area is awesome and the weather should be beautiful in June!

It's a great launch point because they are out of town so there isn't all the traffic and congestion that you can get at some events. Yet they are close enough to town for all the accommodations and accouterments that everyone likes.

Hope to see you there (which means I hope I can make it!)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...