Spyder Garage

Default Replaced my floorboards

I just wanted to show the forum my spyder with the seal floorboards. It did change the riding feel....before I sat in the bike a little bit lower and in the bike, the seal floorboards are higher than the other floorboards I had. Being 6 foot tall, a dead right leg and not much better on the left, but I will admit that the seal boards keeps my feet in place without using velcro straps this time. Here are a couple of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats. ..

They are a good product and glad to hear they will help you feel better ryding...now have a great ryde....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FLOORBOARDS

.... Good on you Rick, if you are still concerned about the feet sliding off ( rough road or brisk riding ) you should be able to put a small lip on the edge just in case ..........Keep me posted on the Gas Door project ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Good to hear they are working for you Rick. They are a great product. I would have a set on my F3 for my size 15s except they don't work in positions 4 and 5 due to the brake cut outs. That's not a criticism, by the way.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Replaced my Floorboards

That looks just like mine; but your bike is clean!!! They do give you some nice comfort to your ride.

Just keep an eye on your brake light; that extra weight on the brake pedal has been known to turn on your brake lights. Getting ready to add another spring to mine so this stops happening.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    That looks just like mine; but your bike is clean!!! They do give you some nice comfort to your ride.

Just keep an eye on your brake light; that extra weight on the brake pedal has been known to turn on your brake lights. Getting ready to add another spring to mine so this stops happening.

Al in Kazoo
    Hey Al,

How do the Seal boards put extra weight on the brake pedal?
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How difficult is it to work the foot controls? Being 6'2 myself, I really worried about the height on these and went with the revco boards because of it. Now I wish the revco boards gave me even more room or I could buy a higher seat.

Spyder Garage

Default Replaced my Floorboards

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hey Al,

How do the Seal boards put extra weight on the brake pedal?
    Pete,

The Seal boards sit above the standard brake pedal; you remove the stock pad from the pedal and then attach this L shaped piece of metal that extends up through the floor board buy ~ 5-6". It is at least 1/4" thick metal, rather heavy and the added weight is just enough to override the return spring and not make the last inch or so of return to shut off the brake light.

Doesn't happen every time but often enough to be bothersome. When is stays on then besides wearing the brake pads it defeats my brake light modulator!!!.

There was a nice video posted by Bob, (don't know who made the video) showing how to add a small auxiliary spring to your brake linkage to circumvent this problem.

The originator of the video also had recently installed seal floor boards. Don't get me wrong, I love the Seals, but John the owner might consider another look at this. I doubt that it's an isolated phenomena.

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Graptor View Post
    How difficult is it to work the foot controls? Being 6'2 myself, I really worried about the height on these and went with the revco boards because of it. Now I wish the revco boards gave me even more room or I could buy a higher seat.
    Hindsight is a great thing, Graptor.....you should have gone with Lamont's RIP boards. They are a bit lower than stock and are angled perfectly to let you access the brake pedal with ease. I tried the Seal boards, but besides not being able to adapt them to use in position 5, I found they were simply too high for my long legs. They have now been passed on to another rider who loves them. We all have differing requirements.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Pete,

The Seal boards sit above the standard brake pedal; you remove the stock pad from the pedal and then attach this L shaped piece of metal that extends up through the floor board buy ~ 5-6". It is at least 1/4" thick metal, rather heavy and the added weight is just enough to override the return spring and not make the last inch or so of return to shut off the brake light.

Al
    Ahhhhh. Interesting, Al...thanks. The F3 Limited Seals just have a cut out for the forward control brake pedal, so you don't get any of that
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Cool I am going to test them for awhile.

Well after riding around yesterday, I found that it did change the way it rides, even though I sit at the same height with the seal boards versus Rivco. I do admit this gives me more room to adjust my feet when needed, don't have to worry about them much. With the seal you are put in a more aggressive mode when riding versus a sit in the bike. Being 6 feet and skinny guy, I fit much better with the Rivco boards, more relaxed. It is amazing how much a simple change to the spyder, changes the riding experience. I will need to ride for a little while and see if my brain adapts to this setup versus the Rivco boards. And while I am at it, my mechanic has been looking into a way to lower the seal boards...I am sure someone here has thought about it a bit too. I do see some modification
    challenges but it does have merit!!!

more fun needed ....more ride time then.

RickP

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ahhhhh. Interesting, Al...thanks. The F3 Limited Seals just have a cut out for the forward control brake pedal, so you don't get any of that