Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder lovers are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    The wiring for the USB's is not part of the upgraded harness for the cargo box. It is in a black boot with 2-1/4" faston terminals and its labeled "customer accessory circuit". Its under the passenger seat.
    I have the 2016F3T and its there
    SpyderF3 I can't thank you enough for the information. I should never assume anything. If I would have looked under the box I would have seen the pins. I assumed the USB's were powered by the new harness as there were no instructions to attach additional wires. Nice blue light when the USB's work. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hdmike58 View Post
    SpyderF3 I can't thank you enough for the information. I should never assume anything. If I would have looked under the box I would have seen the pins. I assumed the USB's were powered by the new harness as there were no instructions to attach additional wires. Nice blue light when the USB's work. Thanks again.
    Glad I could help, this is a great site

Now all ya need is a new flash drive and your dealer can download the radio update on it for you on it and take it home and you can do the update

Spyder Garage

This is from a post Lamont made last Fall. It may help some people figure it out better.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/news/...removal-video/

T.P.
    Last edited by T.P.; 02-12-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just got mine delivered today from Pitbull Powersports who had like 14 of them instock. My local dealer said it would be not available until April. My project for the next rainy day to install it!

Yes it is an expensive box but it is very nice and like it so much better than my 2014 RTS.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default Upgrade finally complete.

Received email from my dealer with the radio update file attached. Downloaded to USB drive and updated radio. Installed Lamonster's Big Bike shorty antenna. Swapped out black lid for a color matched lid. I think I finally have it the way I wanted...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Received email from my dealer with the radio update file attached. Downloaded to USB drive and updated radio. Installed Lamonster's Big Bike shorty antenna. Swapped out black lid for a color matched lid. I think I finally have it the way I wanted...
    Looks good, Mike ......are you saying that the trunk lid comes in black when you order a white trunk, or have I misinterpreted that?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Yes the lid is black.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Looks good, Mike ......are you saying that the trunk lid comes in black when you order a white trunk, or have I misinterpreted that?

Pete
    Yes, Pete, the trunk lid is gloss black. The trunk doesn't come with side panels.
    You have to order the color
    you want as an accessory ($200. USD). The lid is a replacement part of a 2017 F3 LTD
    in white.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hdmike58; 02-22-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: addition info

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, Pete, the trunk lid is gloss black. The trunk doesn't come with side panels.
    You have to order the color
    you want as an accessory ($200. USD). The lid is a replacement part of a 2017 F3 LTD
    in white.
    All in what did the trunk cost you? And how easy is it to remove and add?

Thanks,
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    All in what did the trunk cost you? And how easy is it to remove and add?

Thanks,
    The MSRP for the trunk ($1499.99),side panels ($199.99), amp ($299.99) and the matched lid ($235.) is $2,235. I got everything for just over $2000. The removal takes about 15 mins or so. It's 6 bolts, 3 electrical connections, and replacing the original tail panel. Not something I plan to do very often if at all. I wanted the extra storage.

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The MSRP for the trunk ($1499.99),side panels ($199.99), amp ($299.99) and the matched lid ($235.) is $2,235. I got everything for just over $2000. The removal takes about 15 mins or so. It's 6 bolts, 3 electrical connections, and replacing the original tail panel. Not something I plan to do very often if at all. I wanted the extra storage.
    I just went online to order it and BRP wants $1625 on their site? Did they just up the price, or did I click something wrong? If they upped the price, that is some SHADY "shtuff."
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I just went online to order it and BRP wants $1625 on their site? Did they just up the price, or did I click something wrong? If they upped the price, that is some SHADY "shtuff."
    I agree. The price i used is from the BRP 2017 published accessory catalog. I have no idea where the $125 dollar difference came from. They raised the panel kit $15. and the amp kit $25 on the website also.
    Last edited by hdmike58; 02-22-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Correction

Spyder Garage

I need help with this installation as these instructions are the absolute worst! Trying to figure out where the Subframe brace goes in the first step

Can someone post a picture or video of this????? Or you can email to me at spyderdude@me.com

Spyder Garage

Default Emailed pics

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I need help with this installation as these instructions are the absolute worst! Trying to figure out where the Subframe brace goes in the first step

Can someone post a picture or video of this????? Or you can email to me at spyderdude@me.com

I emailed 2 pics to you.

Spyder Garage

Thanks much.

I must say this is the worst mod/upgrade that I have done on any of my 5 spyders.

The instructions are the worst and you would think for the amount of money this thing was they could spend money on better writers and also use color pictures....especially the fact they don't even print the instructions and make you download them.

Spyder Garage

Would anyone be willing to do an installation video?
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Would anyone be willing to do an installation video?
    Doesn't Lamonster have a removal video? The wiring harness is just remove and install the new one, and it does show the removal of the bracket he's wondering about.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    Doesn't Lamonster have a removal video? The wiring harness is just remove and install the new one, and it does show the removal of the bracket he's wondering about.
    Yep...the link is in TP's post #28 in this thread.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Yep...the link is in TP's post #28 in this thread.
    That video is a BRP advertisement. I would really consider it an install video
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

That video is a BRP advertisement. I would really consider it an install video
    Did you REALLY watch the whole video? Of course it's a BRP advert, but it even shows you how to remove the subframe brace at the end. Anyone who can't figure out how to install the top box from the written instructions and the removal video should be taking it to their dealer to do.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Did you REALLY watch the whole video? Of course it's a BRP advert, but it even shows you how to remove the subframe brace at the end. Anyone who can't figure out how to install the top box from the written instructions and the removal video should be taking it to their dealer to do.
    Yep, thanks for your profound input. I figured there may be more to the install than putting the bracket in; could be wrong. There is the amp install, side panels and I'm not the only one searching for install guidance, not uninstall guidance. But appreciate your expertise. You must have installed a few?
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 02-26-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Yep, thanks for your profound input. I figured there may be more to the install than putting the bracket in; could be wrong. There is the amp install, side panels and I'm not the only one searching for install guidance, not uninstall guidance. But appreciate your expertise. You must have installed a few?
    Chris, the point I am making is that the attached video is all there is at the moment, and if you can't install from that and the instructions, maybe you should pay a pro to do it..........or did you want someone who has already installed the box to completely deinstall everything and reinstall it while videoing it? The members are very helpful here, but that might be taking it a bit far.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete, have you done this install?

I dont think we've even seen this item in Australia yet...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Pete, have you done this install?

I dont think we've even seen this item in Australia yet...
    No Lois, I haven't done it. Only a few people have even received them, and they are in the US. That's why there are no videos available on how to do it yet, just the BRP removal demo and the written instructions.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah - we're still waiting...n

Going by some of the brp instructions for things for our Rs, st and now f3, I have to comment that "there are no silly questions" - in our experience a little clue in interpreting the instructions is often all that is needed, not the dealer $. Spyderlovers is a great place for these little clues.

Spyder Garage

Chris, the point I am making is that the attached video is all there is at the moment, and if you can't install from that and the instructions, maybe you should pay a pro to do it..........or did you want someone who has already installed the box to completely deinstall everything and reinstall it while videoing it? The members are very helpful here, but that might be taking it a bit far.
    I agree with that, I had no problem with the instructions and I thought the OP didn't know where the bracket went and that's why I suggested the removal video because it shows that bracket coming out.