Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

BTW anyone looking for these top cases contact Blake at Pitbull Powersports as they had 14 of them in stock even though my dealer said they wouldn't be available until April!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default USB Key File

Anyone who installed this willing to send me the USB key file for the amp?
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    Doesn't Lamonster have a removal video? The wiring harness is just remove and install the new one, and it does show the removal of the bracket he's wondering about.
    Actually the 'bracket' shown in removal video is not the bracket that is so confusing. The kit includes another bracket that reinforces the subframe and is mounted under the riders seat. It really is not directly related to the Top Case at all, except perhaps to compensate for the additional stress to the subframe that might occur due to exra weight so high and rearward.
    Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Actually the 'bracket' shown in removal video is not the bracket that is so confusing. The kit includes another bracket that reinforces the subframe and is mounted under the riders seat. It really is not directly related to the Top Case at all, except perhaps to compensate for the additional stress to the subframe that might occur due to exra weight so high and rearward.
    Tom
    If you remove the seat and the side panels you will see where it lays in and you have to drill 2 holes to mount it and the other 2 holes are already there. It strengthens the joint between the mid and rear frame.

Spyder Garage

I picked up my top case from a local Minnesota dealer yesterday, My out the door price was $1799.99
    Going to do the install myself.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

They have arrived at the Canam dealer in Essendon, Melbourne, Australia, but are incomplete. The colour panels that will complete the topcase will not be available until June. This is a deal killer for me as I need it for a major trip late May.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    They have arrived at the Canam dealer in Essendon, Melbourne, Australia, but are incomplete. The colour panels that will complete the topcase will not be available until June. This is a deal killer for me as I need it for a major trip late May.
    HEY SMOKES!! Get ahold of Blake at Pitbull Powersports and have them FEDX the correct color panels to you.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Default Installed the top case on my 2017 f3 top case ..need some help

Hello
    Well the instruction for installing the f3 top case were awful. I think I got most of it done but I have a question on the cargo harness. The new harness they have you install has two pink female connectors that come off it on the front part of the harness towards the front seat. I can not for the life of me see where they plug in. Can anyone help?

Thanks folks
    J.D

Spyder Garage

Default FIGURED IT OUT

I figured it out the extra plugs there not necessary. They must be for another option .

J.D

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3 L Top Case wiring harness

So I need a clarification.

is the wiring harness needed to connect the amp to the radio preinstalled in the 2016 F3 L?
    If not how hard is it to add this harness?
    Thanks, Rick

Spyder Garage

Default USB

Quote Originally Posted by hdmike58 View Post
    Were you able to order the USB Key from your dealer? I just installed mine on my 2016 F3 LTD and when I turned it on to check the lighting, I only had rear speakers. Very loud rear speakers. My dealer is checking with BRP about the USB Key. I also had a dealer tell me this afternoon that they opened a case with BRP because the USB ports in the top case didn't work. They were told the 2016 harness doesn't run power to the rear USB ports. Neither one of mine are powered.
    BS I have the 2016 F3T. I installed my rear box myself and mine works. Wiring is there

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    BS I have the 2016 F3T. I installed my rear box myself and mine works. Wiring is there
    I know there is wiring/power there for the usb connection but specifically the harness from rear speaker amp to radio is preinstalled?

Spyder Garage

After reading all of this I am slowly being convinced that "less" is more. Currently have two RT's, but future bikes will not have top cases. I find I don't need them and am surely not willing to pay an additional $2K for them--even though they look very nice.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-22-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red