Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Transmission or Clutch Noise :(

Seems it is always something new. Had the trike out today, and warmer out than it has been. Stopped at a stop light, in first gear, running normally. But, several times, I heard a clunk-clunk while just sitting there. Drove until the next stop light, and it did it again. 2012 with about 8200 miles. I've never had it do this before. Does anyone know what this noise might be, and should I have it looked at? Thanks for any help you can provide. ---Tim---

Spyder Garage

Default check your oil

Quote Originally Posted by tkj99 View Post
    Seems it is always something new. Had the trike out today, and warmer out than it has been. Stopped at a stop light, in first gear, running normally. But, several times, I heard a clunk-clunk while just sitting there. Drove until the next stop light, and it did it again. 2012 with about 8200 miles. I've never had it do this before. Does anyone know what this noise might be, and should I have it looked at? Thanks for any help you can provide. ---Tim---
    I had a similar problem and my oil was low. It shares it with the engine and if low will affect the shifting.
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Also might want to check when the oil and filter and trans filter (SE5) was last changed.