Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cat bypass

Spyder Garage

Me personally it's the sound I'm after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

What does the cat removal do to the warranty?

Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Go to LAMONSTER website & go to second page under performance they have a sound clips you will like

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I started out with a stock muffler and cat delete pipe with no baffle. I liked it, it seemed to make the RT (a 2015 Limited with 1330 motor) a bit peppier, a little better gas milage, with a little more sound. But that was still a bit quiter than I wanted.. I purchased a custom built SS exhaust from Pit Bull Power Sports for a good bit less than an Ackropovic muffler, now have better performance, and it is not uncommon to get 44 mpg. The sound, well, you decide, here's a little clip with the RPM going over 4,000 rpm.

So did you do anything else like a K&N and/or power commander? I'm trying to decide if I just need the cat bypass and a different exhaust. I already have the cat bypass, but I haven't installed it yet. I'd rather do everything at one time

Spyder Garage

I did not do anything other than install a cat delete pipe and do the procedure that recalibrates the computer, and my RT ran very nice. I did the same thing when I replaced the stock system with the exhaust I have on now, shown in an earlier post in a video trying to show the sound of it. I never noticed any actual gains or losses by doing this, but I do have better gas mileage than when it was stock. I can get around 45 mpg if I behave myself, and while I know of no dyno's that will give me a performance graph, seat of the pants says I can hit the rev limiter (8200 rpm) in low and second gear with no drop off in power (IE: it feels very linear ). Some one asked about proper shift points earlier, and that is a difficult question to answer, because it really depends on how you drive, and what you are looking for. I'm used to torquey engines and because of that I tend to short shift (shift early) and my RT seems happy to shift at 2,000 rpm as long as I'm not it a hurry, and I tend to get the 45 mpg number when I don't race around over 3,500 rpm. But my RT with the 1330 engine will shift and cruise, just about anywhere I want to. You can tell if the rpm is too low, because you can feel the vibration or shudder thru the seat of your pants, the rpm too high is almost impossible because of the rev limiter, but red line on the tach is around 7,800 or 8,000 rpm if you go by the change in the thickness of the while line that is on the face of tach showing the rpm. Hope this helps some of you out, or at least gives you another way to look at things. I'm an old guy, and have done a lot of racing ( cars, trucks, go karts and motorcycles,) on road and off, and you can take what if said or not, just enjoy your Spyder, I know I do.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I did not do anything other than install a cat delete pipe and do the procedure that recalibrates the computer, and my RT ran very nice. I did the same thing when I replaced the stock system with the exhaust I have on now, shown in an earlier post in a video trying to show the sound of it. I never noticed any actual gains or losses by doing this, but I do have better gas mileage than when it was stock. I can get around 45 mpg if I behave myself, and while I know of no dyno's that will give me a performance graph, seat of the pants says I can hit the rev limiter (8200 rpm) in low and second gear with no drop off in power (IE: it feels very linear ). Some one asked about proper shift points earlier, and that is a difficult question to answer, because it really depends on how you drive, and what you are looking for. I'm used to torquey engines and because of that I tend to short shift (shift early) and my RT seems happy to shift at 2,000 rpm as long as I'm not it a hurry, and I tend to get the 45 mpg number when I don't race around over 3,500 rpm. But my RT with the 1330 engine will shift and cruise, just about anywhere I want to. You can tell if the rpm is too low, because you can feel the vibration or shudder thru the seat of your pants, the rpm too high is almost impossible because of the rev limiter, but red line on the tach is around 7,800 or 8,000 rpm if you go by the change in the thickness of the while line that is on the face of tach showing the rpm. Hope this helps some of you out, or at least gives you another way to look at things. I'm an old guy, and have done a lot of racing ( cars, trucks, go karts and motorcycles,) on road and off, and you can take what if said or not, just enjoy your Spyder, I know I do.

David
    Thanks!! I really appreciate the feedback.