Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3T mud flap removal

Hello Everyone,
    I have been riding for 51 years. Thanks to a problem with my feet the last two years, and totaling out my 2 wheeler 3 weeks ago, I am now the proud owner of a 2016 F3T. I love it, and the Idea of no more dropping my bike.. I like the look of the F3's that show a bit more tire then the T. With the T, it looks as if a mud flap section was added to the rear fender. From what i can see from underneath, it looks as this piece is just push pinned together with the fender. As its brand new, I would hate to start pulling it apart and find it wasn't meant to be separated. I can't find any info on the inter web about this and was wondering if anyone has done this or knows of someone who has and what it took to take bottom portion off. Thanks for your input

Jim

Spyder Garage

Yes, it comes off but you will end up putting it right back on. The aerodynamics of the bike will cause your and your bike's back side to be filthy in short order without the fender in place, even on relatively dry roads. The F3S model with the open rear tire does not have the saddle bags creating the vortex behind the bike.

Been there and done that, got the (filthy) tee shirt.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I would much rather stay clean, so your advise saved me lots of time..